PDA

View Full Version : Dead Stroke Tapes

pooldude
04-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Has anyone used these tapes or know anything about them?

Thanks,

wolfdancer
04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
If you are talking about Ryan Elliott's tapes, I have them; have had them since the BCA trade show last spring.....but haven't listened to them.
We have a BCA Master player here though, who has used hypnosis tapes in the past, and had lost his. I ended up lending him mine, and he swears by them...maybe I can even get them back someday to listen to them myself.
I once had Elliott's first series..."Overcoming Contenderosis" and they did help. (lent them out also and never got them back)
Hypnosis for Golf really helped my game.....but the real expert here on the subject is Dr. Joew....you might ask him about the merits of hypnosis as applied to sports.....
My advice....don't lend yours out, if you get them.....

pooldude
04-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Yes, I am talking about Ryan Elliott's tapes. I was thinking about the Overcoming Contenderosis tape also so I'm glad you mentioned them too. I think I will start with his first set, Overcoming Contenderosis, then move onto the Dead Stroke Tapes.

Thanks for your help.

Soflasnapper
04-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I had a chance to speak with both Bob Henning (The Pro Book) and Tim Allen (The Monk) at the US Open last October concerning subliminal or hypnosis or brain synchronizing cds. Both expressed approval of the idea in general, and interest in a cd set I'd run into and was using. Bob mentioned the Dead Stroke set, and particularly one of the volumes (Playing In Trance), as something he often used, considering the first time he listened to it he went out and ran 5 racks in a row or something.

wolfdancer
04-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I did get my Cds back, contrary to what I wrote,and thanks to your post for reminding me ....I'm now listening to them...for the first time.
I thought there was a production problem on the first segment of the first CD...two hypnotists at the same time, and the female one is reciting a "litany" on the mind controlling one's health, that was similar to Jose Silva's. Emailed the publisher, Bebob...and no, it was part of the session.
The CD's put me to sleep in just a few minutes...so I'll never know if they are helping, or not...but cheaper then sleeping pills over the long run.....

pooldude
04-28-2008, 08:23 AM
That's funny! I never thought about them helping me with anything other than pool, but I could use a good night's sleep.