PDA

View Full Version : Your rebate check

wolfdancer
04-29-2008, 09:32 PM
this is so true!!!!

As you may have heard, each of us will be getting a
tax rebate check to stimulate the economy.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money
will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will go
to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer it will go to India. If we
purchase fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico,
Honduras and Guatemala. If we purchase a good car
it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless stuff it will
go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American
economy.

We need to keep this money here in America. The
only way to keep that money here at home is to
spend it at YARD Sales, since those are the only
businesses still in the US!
So, get up early on Saturday and hit the sales!!!

LWW
04-30-2008, 03:57 AM
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>WHAT!</span>

You mean you are accepting a EEEVILLL tax break?

I surely thought that after all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth you would be driving yours back to the Treasury instead of waiting for the USPS to return it.

Being a died in the wool conservative capitalist I believe it is and always was my money, so I can spend mine guilt free while you must wrestle with your self imposed hypocrisy.

Maybe they won't mind if you keep a little for some shoulder padding ... carrying all that water for the DNC has to hard work.

LWW

Deeman3
04-30-2008, 06:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is so true!!!!

As you may have heard, each of us will be getting a
tax rebate check to stimulate the economy.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money
will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will go
to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer it will go to India. If we
purchase fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico,
Honduras and Guatemala. If we purchase a good car
it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless stuff it will
go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American
economy.

We need to keep this money here in America. The
only way to keep that money here at home is to
spend it at YARD Sales, since those are the only
businesses still in the US!
So, get up early on Saturday and hit the sales!!!

</div></div>

Wolf,

I ain't getting one but if I did, I think the best place to spend it to keep up American capitolism is where Elliot Spitzer did. Aside from the yard sales, what could be more American? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
LOL, that is funny. Now that is the true definition of redistributing wealth. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

bsmutz
04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>WHAT </span>a perfectly predictable putz. How many posts are we going to be subjected to with your fancy new metaphor? What does it even mean, carrying water for the DNC? Do our public representatives of the Democratic persuasion need water? Are they thirsty or something? Or is it (much more likely, IMO) that you are just moonbat raving, "B-B-B-B-B-B-uuuutttt I'm too D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-uuuuummmmmmmbbbbbb to come up with new metaphors for my posts"? But you already knew that, didn't you?
And talk about a hypocrite. You're running your fingers off on both boards accusing people of killing non-whites because they somehow support the ethanol program but all you can do to help out is donate 5200 grains of rice?????? But then, you don't really care about anyone but yourself, so it's not any real surprise. Too bad you're not "died in the wool"...

Sid_Vicious
04-30-2008, 11:14 PM
"I ain't getting one but if I did?

What disqualified you Dee? sid

Deeman3
05-01-2008, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I ain't getting one but if I did?

What disqualified you Dee? sid </div></div>

Income and being an evil Republican I guess! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
05-01-2008, 08:26 AM
You are not getting a rebate check because according to Gayle you (and the rest of the high achievers) are already keeping all your money by not paying any taxes.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-01-2008, 08:47 AM
I guess you won't be getting one either then????

Deeman3
05-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Aside from the sour grapes of not getting the money, I just think it is probably more debt on top of an already bad situation. It may make a small surge in the economy for a quarter but does not change the fact we, as a debtor nation, are still seeking ways to spend "free" money. I know, 70 billion is pocket change in Washington and, adding health care at 700 billion and, as someone said, pretty soon, your talking about real money.

The fed keeps lowering rates to satisfy the market which will fuel inflation and has weakened the dollar. I just can't see spending our way out of this.

One of my junior managers just said he was using his to take a trip to Vegas. Now, I love gambling and want Vegas to do well but if this guy goes out there he will spend a ton more than the $600 or so they are giving him and probably end up in more debt (just a guess). This same guy was just houling because he is having a tough time with his credit card debt! Otherwise, he is a normal, rational (except his politics) sort of man.

eg8r
05-01-2008, 08:58 AM
LOL, while I am a hard worker I am not a member of the rich. I am firmly entrenched in the middle class and don't see any of the additional tax burdens Gayle has spewed on this board. She likes to regurgitate the lies of the left about the rich getting off tax free and the middle class bearing the burden but the real truth is that she is dead wrong.

I believe my "rebate" will be here later this week. Like a good American I have decided to use my rebate exactly the way it was intended. I planned on going on vacation later this year to a nice quiet cabin and now I am going to use the rebate to cover it. I have no hard feelings about getting the rebate because it is money that I worked hard for and already paid in. The Government is just giving it back to its rightful owner. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
05-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Ed,

My other issue with it is, they will be asking you for it back, with interest in about 9 months....

eg8r
05-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Well that will only happen if the left takes control of the White House. They will need all that money to get the Lincoln bedroom back in working order so their "foreign guests" have a room to stay in.

eg8r

Deeman3
05-01-2008, 09:09 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
05-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I wish that you would worry as much about the missing and unaccounted for $$ in Iraq as much as you worry about the missing silverware in the WH.
Re: redecorating the Lincoln bedroom: it won't be costing that much
Bills plans now are just to install some hidden cameras and a mirror over the canopy bed. And buy some "Who's your Daddy" underwear from Zazzle.com

LWW
05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
So, are you sending yours back or are you going to be a hypocrite and sell out your principles for a paltry $600.00?

Even Judas cut a better deal better than that.

LWW

Deeman3
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish that you would worry as much about the missing and unaccounted for $$ in Iraq as much as you worry about the missing silverware in the WH.
Bills plans now are just to install some hidden cameras and a mirror over the canopy bed. And buy some "Who's your Daddy" underwear from Zazzle.com </div></div>

I agree, that is old news but I am for him with the mirror thing, if he picks the right woman to snuggle with...

sack316
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish that you would worry as much about the missing and unaccounted for $$ in Iraq as much as you worry about the missing silverware in the WH.
Bills plans now are just to install some hidden cameras and a mirror over the canopy bed. And buy some "Who's your Daddy" underwear from Zazzle.com </div></div>

I agree, that is old news but I am for him with the mirror thing, if he picks the right woman to snuggle with... </div></div>

even if he doesn't, paper bags are still relatively inexpensive.

Sack

wolfdancer
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm going to use the $600 to buy a rifle and scope....and head down your way for some snipe hunting.
I'm not sure what a snipe looks like, or even what an lww looks like....and hope I don't get them mixed up...

eg8r
05-01-2008, 12:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish that you would worry as much about the missing and unaccounted for $$ in Iraq as much as you worry about the missing silverware in the WH.</div></div> No sense in worrying about things you cannot change. We can't do anything about the missing money, that is gone, but the silverware is another story. We have great control over that. As for Bill's plans I think you are dead on. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
05-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Don't you remember the days after Monica came out...Bill only has eyes for Hillary. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif To be honest hillary's make-up person does not even want to look at her in a mirror.

eg8r

Deeman3
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to use the $600 to buy a rifle and scope....and head down your way for some snipe hunting.
I'm not sure what a snipe looks like, or even what an lww looks like....and hope I don't get them mixed up... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF9900">Snipe hunting has a long and proud history here in Southern Alabama. I'll bring the bag and you bring the gun! </span>

eg8r
05-01-2008, 12:26 PM
This is too funny. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

SKennedy
05-01-2008, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
One of my junior managers just said he was using his to take a trip to Vegas. Now, I love gambling and want Vegas to do well but if this guy goes out there he will spend a ton more than the $600 or so they are giving him and probably end up in more debt (just a guess). This same guy was just houling because he is having a tough time with his credit card debt! Otherwise, he is a normal, rational (except his politics) sort of man. </div></div>

With that type of rationale and discipline, I assume he will forever remain a Jr. Manager? I had an employee almost 30 years ago tell me he was about $150 short every month in being able to pay his bills as his lifestyle was just slightly more expensive than his salary. He asked me for a $150/month raise and then informed me that if I gave him the raise he would never need another raise the rest of his life. This was a young man in his early 20's (like me) with a child or 2. I tried to explain to him that if his immediate need was met, that it would not suffice forever, and that one had to live within their means, etc. He thought I was absolutely nuts...and maybe I am. However, I do prefer employees with rationale thought patterns amd decided I didn't want him making any significant decisions and from that day on, his days working for me were numbered. That, and the fact that he argued with me something about hoagies and sub sandwiches one day and the whole basis for his argument was based upon what the Army served him and what they called it! Hey, I was in the Navy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

bignick31985
05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm using mine to pay my American auto mechanic to fix my truck. Intakes are near gushing, and I straight up dont have the time to do it. Plus its only $300.

The other $300? $50 to my CCW course, then $250 to save.

eg8r
05-01-2008, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my junior managers just said he was using his to take a trip to Vegas. Now, I love gambling and want Vegas to do well but if this guy goes out there he will spend a ton more than the $600 or so they are giving him and probably end up in more debt (just a guess). This same guy was just houling because he is having a tough time with his credit card debt! Otherwise, he is a normal, rational (except his politics) sort of man. </div></div> This guy is a very typical American. One day groaning about credit card debt next day doing something foolish with his money. This is why this country is in credit hell. It has nothing to do with the banks lending money and everything to do with people making dumb decisions. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~speaking from experience

eg8r
05-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Sounds sensible to me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

nAz
05-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Lets see if i were to buy $300 worth of domestic pot would that be helping the economy? uh not that i smoke that stuff... makes me paranoid... might end up like certain people around here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

MAC
05-01-2008, 03:48 PM
$50 Is cheap for a CCW course mine was $90 plus then background checks and other nonsense at the DMV $300 later and 2months later I had my permit.

wolfdancer
05-01-2008, 03:54 PM
anybody that confuses a hoagie with a genuine sub sandwich is not managerial material.
I had a job once where we tried to give employees of businesses that we contracted with, an opportunity to steal. Oddly enough, when they were caught, many people were relieved. they were basically honest folks who needed some extra income one time, and when they found out how easy it was to steal....they began taking so much a week home...but unfortunately they also increased their expenses, so that they now needed to steal even more....it's one thing to cop a $20 from the register, another to have to grab a couple of hundred a week just to pay the new bills.
employers have always trusted me with handling their money...they think I'm honest, but in reality, only smart people figure out how to steal and get away with it...I'm too dumb.

hondo
05-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Hoagie & sub mean different things in different areas.
In my area hoagie is hot, with either steak, Italian sausage, or meatballs, plus mozzarella or provolone cheese, and Italian peppers. Onoins are optionable.
Subs are cold but can be toasted: cold meats, cheese, tomato, lettuce, etc, with some kind of dressing.

SKennedy
05-02-2008, 01:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody that confuses a hoagie with a genuine sub sandwich is not managerial material.
I had a job once where we tried to give employees of businesses that we contracted with, an opportunity to steal. Oddly enough, when they were caught, many people were relieved. they were basically honest folks who needed some extra income one time, and when they found out how easy it was to steal....they began taking so much a week home...but unfortunately they also increased their expenses, so that they now needed to steal even more....it's one thing to cop a $20 from the register, another to have to grab a couple of hundred a week just to pay the new bills.
employers have always trusted me with handling their money...they think I'm honest, but in reality, only smart people figure out how to steal and get away with it...I'm too dumb. </div></div>

Ain't that the truth! I've seen some smart people use their talents to come up with really elaborate and creative schemes to steal from their employers. I'm like you....just too dumb! I'm an idiot who works for what he has.....

SKennedy
05-02-2008, 01:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoagie & sub mean different things in different areas.
In my area hoagie is hot, with either steak, Italian sausage, or meatballs, plus mozzarella or provolone cheese, and Italian peppers. Onoins are optionable.
Subs are cold but can be toasted: cold meats, cheese, tomato, lettuce, etc, with some kind of dressing.
</div></div>

I agree. Hoagies do not have cold cuts, or lettuce, or tomatoes, etc. Only meat like... thin sliced steak, italian sausage, etc. and only grilled vegetables such as onions and green peppers. And, you don't put mayonnaise or mustard on it. That is one thing I miss about Philly. Here in Tyler Tx it's hard to find a good cheesesteak or italian sausage hoagie!