PDA

View Full Version : Al Jazeera Cameraman Released from Guantanamo Bay

nAz
05-04-2008, 10:38 AM
what do you guys think of this story... pretty fu@ked up to be locked up like that, wonder if he will sue?

After More than Six Years, Al Jazeera Cameraman Sami al-Haj Released from Guantanamo Bay

Arrested in Pakistan in December 2001, Sami al-Haj spent nearly six-and-a-half years at Guantanamo without charge or trial. He had been on a more than a year-long hunger strike to protest his imprisonment. We hear al-Hajís first public remarks from his hospital bed in Sudan and speak to his brother, Asim al-Haj.

Full story (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i8HflH2kbzc9Fu7oG6PT1M6SJ6cgD90D705G0)

wolfdancer
05-04-2008, 11:43 AM
if only we weren't limited to humane torture, like waterboarding, we could have gotten the truth out of him.

Gayle in MD
05-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Dozens of innocent people have been tortured. The whole truth will probably never come out, but enough will surface that will outrage Americans of all persuasions, all but the radical Christian right, of course.

Just one more way in which George Bush has damaged our country by using the war on terror to justify his inhumane, unconstitutional activities.

LWW
05-05-2008, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dozens of innocent people have been tortured. The whole truth will probably never come out, but enough will surface that will outrage Americans of all persuasions, all but the radical Christian right, of course.

Just one more way in which George Bush has damaged our country by using the war on terror to justify his inhumane, unconstitutional activities.

</div></div>
Then why do you continue to tote water uphill for Pelosi, Kerry, Clinton, Rockefeller et all who voted for these procedures and wanted harsher methods?

I'll be waiting, although I expect you to run and hide.

LWW

eg8r
05-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Gayle likes to blame W for everything and completely ignore the fact that her hero's have all voted in favor each time.

eg8r

LWW
05-06-2008, 05:42 AM
Yep.

I've often wondered why they didn't buy her a nice set of mink lined shoulder pads for all the water she's carried.

One thing Gayle and I agree on ... sheep are stupid, and they stink.

LWW