PDA

View Full Version : Which reminds me,,,,,,,,

Qtec
05-05-2008, 06:04 AM
..........anybody aware of the snooker WC in Sheffield?
The maximum break in snooker involves potting all the reds using only the black ball. Its a rare event.
The prize for a 147 maximum break is 147,000 pounds.- $300,000 !
Ronnie does it on the Monday and the next day A Carter does the same! His break cost Ronnie $150,000 because the prize has to be shared. LOL ........Ouch!

Here is the break. Once the max is on, the pressure builds with every shot. Its an amazing break.
One shot to look out for. R comes too straight on the black when there are only two reds on the table. To make the angle he had to hit it hard to get the right angle to bring one red free. Even under that pressure, he plays it to prefection.

The Master.

Enjoy.

the best snooker player EVER (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=xt7SU83SEfA)

Qtec .....if you want to be a good player, stroke the cue like Ronnie. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Ally Carter's 147 link (http://www.zelan.be/zelan/filmpjes/3566/Ali_Carter_147_Snooker.html)

bmccaslin
05-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I love watching snooker; I actually lived over there for a while and picked the game up when shooting in local pool halls over there and seeing those giant tables and wondering "what the hell are they for?!".

I had to force my friends to show me how to play; none of them wanted to because it's a much harder game than regular pocket billiards (size of the table, rounded pockets, precision required to pocket balls, etc...).

Speaking of the Rocket, did you ever get to see any footage of him on the IPT? He was great at running racks but has one of the weakest breaks, obviously due to the fact that he never had needed to smash the rack before. I'm hoping that the tour picks back up and we get to see more of him in the future.

Deeman3
05-05-2008, 12:23 PM
I have never seena 147 in person but have enjoyed several on TV, includings a couple of Rommie's and Steve Davis as well.

It is a very remarkable feat.

I miss Hurricane Higgins. Someone at Derby City had a book about him. I could not beleive how bad he looked. A terrible waste of tallent.

Bambu
05-05-2008, 07:15 PM
First time I ever watched a real snooker match. Nice treat, thanks!

DickLeonard
05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Deeman Ralph Greenleaf was another waste of talent. I have a picture of him in his twenties, he looked like Tyrone Power and one near his end at fifty and he looked like Bella Liguosa.

He had run over 1000, 125 and out and half of them when he was drunk. ####

Deeman3
05-06-2008, 12:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deeman Ralph Greenleaf was another waste of talent. I have a picture of him in his twenties, he looked like Tyrone Power and one near his end at fifty and he looked like Bella Liguosa.

He had run over 1000, 125 and out and half of them when he was drunk. #### </div></div>

Dick,

There seems to have been a bunch of them but I know Greenleaf was one of a kind, from what I have heard.

Thanks,

DeeMan