PDA

View Full Version : Primaries

wolfdancer
05-07-2008, 12:42 AM
anybody vote for the southern Irishman....
O'Bama ???

Gayle in MD
05-07-2008, 07:16 AM
I was watching morning Joe yesterday and they asked him about his patriotism, and he stammered and stuttered and hemmed and hawed, I swear, for a man who can speak beautifully while delivering a speech, his ability to think and speak on his feet is apalling!

Neither Obama or McCain are quick on their feet. Comparisons between Obama and Kennedy are completely off the mark, IMO, as Kennedy was among the quickest and wittiest speakers of all time.

I still have some hope lingering for Hillary, the best of the three, by far, IMO. If she could win Oregon, she would have won six of the last seven primaries. They have got to find a way to include Fla. and Michigan, and splitting the delegates is not at all fair, IMO. Obama was against a re-vote, and his "Above it all" stance, is a big turn off for me. Washington will never work until stricter lobbying regulations are imposed, and the crooks on the Hill, don't come through for we the people, when it comes to removing all their goodies they get for voting on behalf of special interests they give to companies they see as their future employees, and Republicans are the worst of all where that is concerned.

Of all the bad comments made during this campaign, Obama's wife gets the prize, IMO, when she said that for the first time in her life, she was proud of America, yet the press all but ignored it, and I've never seen such an outrageous statement deep sixed so fast, yet of my own personal Republican friends, all say they will vote for Obama, not McCain. They seem to hate McCain as much as I dislike Leiberman, for being a turn coat former Democrat.

Did you catch McCain's statements about his intentions for Supreme Court appointments? OMG, if Obama does win, as it now looks he will, I may HAVE to vote for him, much as I hate doing so, nothing could possibly be worse for this country than another Republican war monger in the White House, and one who displays questionable mental faculties, according to one of his own fellow Republicans. He must be stopped, at all costs, or the Supreme Court will be nothing but a right wing religious anti-American cabal, by the time he finished with it.

Nothing here to answer you post, lol, just sharing some thoughts.

Love,
Gayle

Deeman3
05-07-2008, 07:37 AM
It is with grudging respect that I say Hillary has been the most tenatious candidate I have seen in my lifetime. It is still hard to say who would be the most difficult candidate in the general election but, right now, I'd hate to have a fight with Hillary.

However, I do bevieve it is over, even if the Florida folks are seated. The superdeligates will now start a steady flood to Obama that even small wins in future states won't turn around. They want/need this to end before it is past recovery for the party.

Heck, she did a good job and would have made Republican strategist proud.

If all republicans vote for Obama, like you say, of course, it is over for the general but I'd not count on that. He made some good inroads with the Supream court comments. If he was targeting the far left with those comments, he would be silly. He was addressing those white voters, ones that think a GED is an advanced education and the Nascar voters who Hillary might get but Obama won't.

wolfdancer
05-07-2008, 09:04 AM
interesting reply. I won't be out campaigning for Obama, but with another four years down this dead end road, if McCain gets in....he gets my vote.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2008, 09:18 AM
LOL...good post Deeman. It's really kind of funny but I swear it seems to me that of all the pundits, Pat Buchannon has been the least partisan, and the most genuine, and accurate in his coverage and acessments of the candidates. I've grown to like him, although I'd like to go into the ring with his sister!

Sadly, Hillary seems doomed, and it seems that yet again, the press has won with all its power, framing candidates unfairly, and pumping up the candidates to their liking, ultimately having undue impact on our political process.

As a Hillary supporter, who preferred several others for the job originally, I think that the press had more to do with Hillary's demise than anything else.

All the efforts to frame Bill's early statement that Jessie Jackson also won big in South Carolina, as a racist statement in the beginning, really hurt Hillary's chances, and while, IMO, there was absolutely nothing racist in his statement, (having since, watched every major network frame every single primary in terms of black and white voters) black voters used it to justify turning against one of their most loyal supporters, Bill Clinton, and the high and mighty Obama wasn't above using it to his advantage, also.

The question now is how will Hillary's supporters react when they have to select between McCain and Obama, and will Obama select Hillary as his running mate. I hope that does not happen, because I think she may have an excellent opportunity to win after four years of Obama, in 2012, but of course, that is presumptuous given that Obama may turn out to be a good president. It is possible, I suppose, that Obama could be a good president, where IMO, McCain would be disasterous, but I admit that I resent Obama for having stepped up too early to the plate at a time when he not only had not paid his dues, but he robbed we older women of having the opportunity of seeing the first woman president, and also, I can't stand his wife!

I appreciate your honest comments regarding Hillary, and I must say, your have proven to me atleast, that pastisanship does not drive your ability to be fair in your views about our candidates. Hillary has, hands down, out campaigned all of the others, and she has surely proven herself to be head and shoulders above the others in her tenacity, endurance, and also in every debate. She has shown her command of the pressing issues and proven herself to be a great communicator, save her foolish exaggeration about the sniper landing. As an anti-un-necessary war, lefty, it's easy for me to overlook that, given McCains on-going lies about the success of the surge. But then, for me, atleast, Iraq, and bringing our troops home, is above and beyond everything else, including the economy, bad as it is, still my major issue.

As far as lessons learned, I think that new regulations regarding our election process in general, should be looked at, and pushed through. Regardless of whether or not Limpballs actually impacted the outcome, or had no effect at all, his blatant attempt to corrupt the process, and throw it altogether, in and of itself, should be against the law, and IMO, he should be prosecuted. Above everything else, he has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he has no respect what-so-ever for the Democratic process, and therefore, no respect for our Constitution.

I'm not aiming this at anyone, and certainly not at you, but my own emotional reaction to what he tried to do, and those who took part, kept reminding me of the kind of league shooters that can sandbag their way to Las Vegas, or loose matches on purpose, in order to keep their skill level lower than it really is. It was cheating, anyway you slice it, and there is no doubt, it was a Republican effort, and a real scam and a shame, for Democracy, and for our election process, regardless of its actual effect, which no one seems able to calculate with any overall agreement.

I have been dismayed throughout over the calls for Hillary to drop out, and think that her performance deserved more respect than it was given, and while there is no doubt in my mind that sexism played a huge role in much of it, there is also no doubt in my mind that racism, on the part of blacks, also payed a huge role. While many may tout this election as something to be proud of, to me, and this is only my own acessment, I was proud that a black man and a woman of any color could be successful in a primary, but the voters proved to me as well that this country is far from overcoming its sexism, or its racism, and in this case, racism in reverse.

Obama has nothing of substance as far as I can see, to warrant his present success, other than being a black man who gives a dynomite speech, but surely cannot think on his feet. If he brings our troops home, quickly, and ends this absurd, expensive and bloody process of staying in Iraq, while the corrupt Iraqi Government, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iran, and the oil cartel, jerk us off for their own evil purposes, while Afghanistan and Pakistan continue to grow into a much greater threat than Iraq ever was, I will be satisfied, but I certainly do not think he will do so with the experience and knowledge, caution and know-how, that Hillary would and could have brought to that end.

I don't think for a moment that all Republicans will vote for Obama, just noticed that my own Republilcan friends are vowing to do so, but I should add that both Democrats and Republicans that live inside, or even outside the beltway, are not the same animals that live across the country, so that is not an overall prediction. Those few Republicans of which I pseak, however, are all pool shooters, lol, and all blue collar middle class Republicans, save a few from the very upper middle class.

It would be one on me to see a man who admitted he knew nothing about the economy, or economics in general, win an election at a time when the voters from both sides say that the economy is their main issue, but stranger things have happened, afterall, Bush got there twice, and that ended any tendency I had for predicting elections, once and forever! McCain having admitted his lack of economic knowledge, and being for a war that now 81% believe was a drastic mistake, and part of the reason for our economic woes, can only win this election illegally, and since Karl Rove is not in jail, that could happen.

My own preferences are never in line with the general public, save al Gore, who won the popular vote, and was cheated in the most obviously corrupt of all elections.

I suppose, corruption is the issue which should at at the forefront, regarding every aspect of our American life. To me, atleast, it seems that every single problem we face, is the result of greed and corruption, from the war, to the economy, and I find that very distressing, having been a child of the forties, fifties, and sixties, back when being on ones honor, was a gold standard. If Obama proves that he truly is about that, then I will feel bad for not having taken him at his word.

I just hope, above all, that our democratic process can go forward, this time, without any foul play, and without any illegal tactics. That, IMO, would hurt us more than anything else possibly could, given that there are many others, like me, who beleive, for good reasons, that the last two presidential elections were thrown.

I hope with all my heart, that we will get our people out of Iraq.

I hope with all my heart that we will get bin Laden.

I hope with all my heart, that Cheney's secret oil deals are revealed.

I hope with all my heart that Karl Rove's, Gonzales's and Harriet Meyer's respective roles in politicizing our Department Of Justice, with the intent of using it for their party's gain, and as a tool for prosecuting innocent Democrats, are fully revealed, and that they are ultimately convicted for their crimes.

I do believe that both Bush and Cheney's involvment in outing Valarie Plame, and also trumping the intelligence for occupying Iraq, will be exposed thoroughly once they can no longer use the office of the presidency to intimidate people.

All this I hope for the future of our country, so that everything which has brought us to such a low point in our history, can never happen again.

Love,
Gayle

Deeman3
05-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I am wondering if we can ever trust our election results ever again. I see this as an issue from both sides as the electronic voting with no paoer backup is a weak system and it has been proven to be suseptable to hackers despite Diebold's claims.

If we ever lose complete confidence in that process, we will not last long.

I am one of those on the right that will now listen to Obama and McCain to see what they have to say and how they say it, over the next few months. I am hoping for a more civil campaign than we have had in the past. I am not a McCain loyalist and he will have to earn my vote as will Obama or I will stay home for the first time ever.

Right now, our country needs real solutions, not slogans and pat policical replys.

Who will protect us?

Who will be honest and tell us the hard truth?

Who will offer non-partisan solutions?

Bobbyrx
05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Of all the bad comments made during this campaign, Obama's wife gets the prize, IMO, when she said that for the first time in her life, she was proud of America, yet the press all but ignored it, and I've never seen such an outrageous statement deep sixed so fast, Gayle </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF6666">Gayle, you should have been watching Fox News, they were all over that for about a week. (Alan Colmes didn't talk about it much) </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Gayle in MD
05-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Bravo, and I only hope that there are many many more like you who feel the same.

As for me, I cannot even consider voting for McCain, so for me, its Obama, or no vote at all. Neither prospect makes me feel good about myself. Not voting is a failure of responsibility as a citizen, and voting for someone I don't like, or trust, is also unaccpetable. This may be one of those time when regardless of what I do, I will not be proud of my choice.

I am truly at a loss at this time. I think that perhaps, the only "Right" thing for me, would be to vote only if late election polls show that McCain has a shot. In that case, I would have to vote, once again, for the lesser of two bad choices, which would be Obama. Since I have many Demcratic friends who say that they WILL NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA! I may have to vote for him, but I won't like myself for doing so, and won't like myself for not doing so. It's basically a no win election for me. Oh well, I'm also not going to plant anymore tulips!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
05-07-2008, 09:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The question now is how will Hillary's supporters react when they have to select between McCain and Obama, and will Obama select Hillary as his running mate. I hope that does not happen, because I think she may have an excellent opportunity to win after four years of Obama, in 2012, but of course, that is presumptuous given that Obama may turn out to be a good president. It is possible, I suppose, that Obama could be a good president, where IMO, McCain would be disasterous, but I admit that I resent Obama for having stepped up too early to the plate at a time when he not only had not paid his dues, but he robbed we older women of having the opportunity of seeing the first woman president, and also, I can't stand his wife!

Gayle

</div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">I agree that Hillary would be best served not to run with Obama as that puts her in a box for, perhaps, eight years, even if there is buyer's remorse on Obama later.

It also silencers her, like all VP's and ties her to Obama for the duration if he would win reelction in 2012 and, she wopuld be facing the oldest President argument that McCain faces now.

If MCain wins and does not make real change in the government, 2012 can be an "I told you so!" campaign and barring any other newcomer, she would be free to play a big role in the Senate for four more years playing a little more to the center for 2012.

I think some healing will occur in the Democratic Party but the war between these two has provided some fodder for the right that, if they don't overdo, could help them this year.

The entire secret for Obama is can he get more specific on policy and intent to attract the centrists and Libertarian voters without losing the left. It will be much more difficult for him than for HRC. In the end, agree or disagree with her, she knew policy, she knew politics and she was not going to be out-debated by anyone. All that with the ability to go into the lion's den and hold her own. Obama is still untested on that. As well, race will play a part, no matter what Howard Dean says. If people go into the booth with him still not defined as a universal candidate, many will not vote for him and this is not just Nascar whites and uneducated folks. Guilty whites and intellectuals can not sustain him in the general. Hillary knew this. </span>

Gayle in MD
05-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh Im' sure they were, but do they ever mention that McCain has admitted he knows nothing about economics, or that he is lying about the success of the surge?

Fox News is about as relevant to me as Ed's insane posts! LOL, I NEVER watch Fox. They're about as real as George Bush's fish in his pond. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
05-07-2008, 10:16 AM
All that is true, and all I can say is if McCain wins the next election, given the state of this country, and his position on the war, and admitted economic ignorance, I will give up forever on voting. I only hope that more people who know this man, and have witnessed his truly outrageous behavior, and mental problems, will step forward. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
05-07-2008, 11:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sadly, Hillary seems doomed, and it seems that yet again, the press has won with all its power, framing candidates unfairly, and pumping up the candidates to their liking, ultimately having undue impact on our political process. </div></div>Here we go again with gayole insinuating the media was tough on hillary and easy on obama. She was harping on this for quite awhile until Q came with his post and stated the media was being unfair to Obama. When I mentioned to Q that his view was drastically different than gayles (who thought the media was being too tough on hillary), gayle popped in to say I was wrong and that she was not saying the media was tougher on hillary than they were on Obama. Now here we have gayle sneaking back in the fact that she believes Obama got an easier ride through the media.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The question now is how will Hillary's supporters react when they have to select between McCain and Obama, and will Obama select Hillary as his running mate. I hope that does not happen, because I think she may have an excellent opportunity to win after four years of Obama, in 2012, but of course, that is presumptuous given that Obama may turn out to be a good president.</div></div>I would say it is also quite presumptuous simply because she could not beat Obama the first time what makes you think 4 more years of her in the senate will make her any better of a candidate. hillary knew she was not going to win this nomination which is why she is trying to push through a big pork bill a few weeks ago for her precious "home" state. Clinton: $2.3B in earmarks (http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/clinton-2.3b-in-earmarks-2008-04-28.html) <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) has requested nearly $2.3 billion in federal earmarks for 2009, almost three times the largest amount received by a single senator this year. </div></div>

eg8r

Deeman3
05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Gayle,

You know the one thing that surprised me, now that the primary seems all but decided is why HRC and others never made a bigger and more persistent point of Obama maybe being a little lazy. If you look at most of the candidates records in the Senate, even the ones who lost earlier, all have their fingerprints on tons of legislation and real work on committees, especially Mcacainand Clinton.

Obama almost seemed vacant of any real work and even not there in committee work he has claimed to assist on. It would seem worth banging and banging if I were Hillary. Just look at the legislation she has had a hand in and the actualy amount of hours she can claim in oppostiton to what Obama has done. I know you pointed this out on many occasions but I never quite got why the Clinton campaign let him off so easy on this while, maybe pursueing some items that were not winners.

Any thoughts?

pooltchr
05-07-2008, 06:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bravo, and I only hope that there are many many more like you who feel the same.

As for me, I cannot even consider voting for McCain, so for me, its Obama, or no vote at all.
Gayle in Md. </div></div>

How can you applaud Deeman for stating he is open minded enough to listen to both sides, and in the next breath, admit that your mind is completely closed to the possibilities offered by either of the other two candidates?

On another topic, and I probably should start another thread for this, but the analysis of the NC results had some very insightful comments. The Obama camp has said in the past that white votors won't support him. The breakdown of the votes yesterday state just the opposite is true. Hillary got 60% of the white democratic vote, Obama got 40%. But Obama got 93% of the black vote, while Hillary only got 7%. It seems that race is more of a deciding factor among the black community than it is among white voters. Am I getting the wrong message here?
Steve

Vapros
05-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Gayle, would you give up forever on voting, but continue to throw mud at the winners who don't agree with you?

Gayle in MD
05-08-2008, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,

You know the one thing that surprised me, now that the primary seems all but decided is why HRC and others never made a bigger and more persistent point of Obama maybe being a little lazy. If you look at most of the candidates records in the Senate, even the ones who lost earlier, all have their fingerprints on tons of legislation and real work on committees, especially Mcacainand Clinton.

<span style="color: #000066">I think she had loads of bad advice from her first advisors, and that, along with her own senior party members jumping early on Obama's train, they basically stabbed her right in the back, people that the Clinton's had done quite a lot for over the years, included. p[olitics is a very dirty business, and overall, I must say, I am very disappointed by some of the Democrats that I have admired in the past.

Some of those same people never forgave Bill Clinton for his foolishness, and in the end, if Democrats lose, they will be the ones with egg on their faces, because there's no doubt in my mind that she would have been, by far, the strongest candidate. </span>

Obama almost seemed vacant of any real work and even not there in committee work he has claimed to assist on. <span style="color: #000066">Veru true, and it kind of reminds me of how Bush supporters who whine all the time about socialism, never seem to notice that the one thing George Bush got through, other than war related stuff, was the biggest prescription program, which seniors didn't even want, and which the GSA stated would brake the bank, yet they still accuse Democrats of being the sociallists. LOL, people's beliefs are often pure emotion. I think Obama's success has been an emotional reaction, from people who love the rhetoric, eventhough it's vacant of any real workable reality. </span> It would seem worth banging and banging if I were Hillary. Just look at the legislation she has had a hand in and the actualy amount of hours she can claim in oppostiton to what Obama has done. I know you pointed this out on many occasions but I never quite got why the Clinton campaign let him off so easy on this while, maybe pursueing some items that were not winners.

<span style="color: #000066">Well, she pointed that out, I thought, saying that he was inexperienced and was basically showing up with a speech under his belt, where both she and McCain were coming to the race with years of experience.

I believe that his premise was false from the start. "Change you can count on" is far fetched when one is speaking about Washington D.C., and how things work, as "Fighting them over there so we won't have to fight them over here." Those..."They" aren't going to invade us, they're just going to send another twenty or so militant muslims to wipe out part of our country on planes, or trains, or shipping containers....fighting a war on their terms, in the desert sand, doesn't make a bit of difference to their plan.

Overall, those Democrats who failed to stand behind their most viable candidate, the most experienced, most dedicated, and most committed to the work ethic required, and with unlimited overall desire to succeed, all that is framed often in unflattering terms when a woman is the subject. Suddenly she is an opportunist. She's masculine. She's facing a higher standard than her male opposition, and while this statement I make doesn't win prizes, particularly when a woman notices the phenomena, it is a fact that racism is frowned upon in this country, sexism is not. Sexism is fair game, and falls into the category of just a joke. Well, when you are a woman and have worked your ass off, and shown your untiring committment, superior intellect, excellent debating skills, and incredible resiliance and determination, as I believe Hillary has done, it isn't a very funny joke, but this goes on everyday in this country, and it is painted as just a joke.

Successful women who go the extra thousand miles, are disliked by both men, and women. Women are jealous of them, and men are threatened. People can accuse all they want, about a woman playing the gender card, but there is a double standard, and one thing this election has proven to me atleast, is that sexism is far more prevalent in America, than racism, and the racist ideology is far greater from the black community, than from the whites, in reality.

While some here may paint me as too dense to understand the relationship between profit and profit margins, for example, the fact that I have been in business for over forty years, and managed some success, would render their accusations rather ridiculous, but that doesn't enter their minds. I'm a woman, therefore, fair game, how dare I assume to be as opinionated as every man on this site. HORRORS! LOL, and an OLD woman, to boot! SENILE! A victim!

What can I tellya, friend. I think we both agree that Hillary has out-distanced both McCain and Obama, in every way imaginable. What has it gotten her? She will be painted as a Dyke, and a spoiler. That's her reward for working her ass off for thirty-five years, and being probably one of the most hard working women to ever show up on the national scene.

As Mother always told we girls, it's a man's world, friend. My very close male friends, and I, know this as well as my girlfriends and I, know it. The Clintons aren't perfect by any means, but, IMO, their party owed them something, since he was, after all, the first two term Democratic president since Roosevelt! And as our friend's post about Democrats shooting themselves in the foot, stated, all I can say is that it looks to be quite true to me. But this time, I, for one, will be in a no-lose situation. If Obama wins, I'll be glad that McCain isn't in there. If McCain wins, I'll have the pleasure of watching those old line Democrats get just what they deserve for failing to stand behind their most viable candidate, and showing some loyalty to the former first family who came through one of the worst times in political history with their loyal base, voting public, supporters, still on their side, and a 97% approval rating, and nearly 70% overall! Quite an accomplishment....IMO.</span>

Any thoughts? .... <span style="color: #000066">Old as this feeble old senile brain of mine is, it is always full of thoughts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </span>

Love,
Gayle</div></div>

Gayle in MD
05-08-2008, 07:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can you applaud Deeman for stating he is open minded enough to listen to both sides, and in the next breath, admit that your mind is completely closed to the possibilities offered by either of the other two candidates? <span style="color: #000066"> How can you have read my posts over the years, and come up with that conclusion? McCain is a man I have known of and heard facts about, from my own personal, life long, trusted friends, for over thirty years. I knew years ago, I would never vote for a man like John McCain. People with serious mental issues have no business with their finger on the red button, regardless of how they came to have them. Additionally, given my stance on the damage done to this country by currently serving Republicans, NO REPUBLICAN would get my vote,. except for Gordon Smith, or Chuck Hagle. I've been watching the rest of them, live, for seven years, and nothing could repulse me more than what I have witnessed live, on TV. Further, I would never vote for any member of a party that had destroyed our moral humanitarian reputation around the world by sanctioning torture, nor could I vote for any Republican who would seek to utilize the Supreme Court as a means for forcing their personal religious interpretations into the private decisions of women.

Additionally, I think my post made it clear that I consider anything I could do at this point, as being against my principles. I do not want to vote for either McCain or Obama. Frankly, I'm not sure I can vote, at all, when the time comes, but if I do vote, it will be solely in the interest of bringing our troops home, and preventing Republicans from turnign this country into a theocracy.</span>

On another topic, and I probably should start another thread for this, but the analysis of the NC results had some very insightful comments. <span style="color: #000066">Which analysis, there have been many, and they pesent a far reaching and vast number of opinions. </span> The Obama camp has said in the past that white votors won't support him. The breakdown of the votes yesterday state just the opposite is true. Hillary got 60% of the white democratic vote, Obama got 40%. But Obama got 93% of the black vote, while Hillary only got 7%. It seems that race is more of a deciding factor among the black community than it is among white voters. Am I getting the wrong message here?
Steve <span style="color: #000066">You are apparently reiterating exactly what I have already stated. The black community by a large degree deserted Hillary, in order to vote black. IMO, they voted their color, not the candidate's experience, and not the Party's best candidate for the job, ut an inexperienced Junior Senator, who has only served one year before entering his presidential campaign. Hence, we ended up with a madman, McCain, philandering husband, with his former mistress on his arm, who is a proven liar, a proven fli-flipper, is for torture, against women's rights, and for the current disasterously failing foreign policy of the Bush Administration's Iraq occupation, which is at the base of our economic problems, OR, an inexperienced, rhetoric filled, rock star, who has accomplished nothing of value that I can see....or, HORRORS, an intelligent, experienced, committed, well adjusted, politically savvy, energetic, member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, who has won the approval of the most retired, and current military Generals and Admirals, and worked across the isle throughout her seven years in the Senate, and was overwhelmingly re-elected by the people in her state, and is a WOMAN! [ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif</span>
</div></div>

eb_in_nc
05-08-2008, 08:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox News is about as relevant to me as Ed's insane posts! LOL, I NEVER watch Fox. They're about as real as George Bush's fish in his pond. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

I guess the news reported on CNN is more relevant and real with no spin on it? Better yet, maybe CBS should hire back Dan Rather with his high integrity of reporting the news? Give us a break with your dim witted way of looking at life.

Gayle in MD
05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
If you would like to address any of the things I write about, I'll be happy to respond. We have plenty of posters on here who prefer insults to discussions and debates, so if your goal in posting is simply to insult people with opinions different from your own, I'd appreciate it if you would not bother reading, or responding, to mine.

I don't rely on any cable news programs for my information, btw, not that I think you care.

have a nice day...

Gayle in Md.

eb_in_nc
05-08-2008, 09:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have plenty of posters on here who prefer insults to discussions and debates, so if your goal in posting is simply to insult people with opinions different from your own, I'd appreciate it if you would not bother reading, or responding, to mine. Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Why don't you go back and read some of your own postings laced with insults and see that you are a victim of your own admonishment. As I recall, we still have free speech in this country, at least until we start electing simple minded people into office who believe they're ways are the only way.

Gayle in MD
05-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't believe I have ever posted a single post to you, nor have I ever insulted you. You're free of course to insult anyone you like. You've already shown me your idea of free speech, apparently, reserved only for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you go back and read some of your own postings laced with insults and see that you are a victim of your own admonishment. <span style="color: #000066">This sentence makes no sense at all. </span> As I recall, we still have free speech in this country, <span style="color: #000066">And your version applies only to Republicans? Only for people who approve of, and watch Fox News? </span> at least until we start electing simple minded people into office who believe they're <span style="color: #000066">that would be "their" not "they're" </span> ways are the only way. <span style="color: #000066">Are you not doing that same thing with both your posts to me?

Post whatever you like, I won't be reading any of your posts in the future.... </span>
</div></div>

Sid_Vicious
05-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Post me an insulting ccb link where Gayle was insulting. Please, I test you to do that...sid