PDA

View Full Version : I am not a Monster

Deeman3
05-07-2008, 03:13 PM
VIENNA, Austria - Austrian Josef Fritzl, who imprisoned his daughter for 24 years and fathered her seven children, said he was no "monster" and he could have killed her and her children had he wanted to, according to his lawyer.

"I am not a monster," Austrian daily Oesterreich quoted Fritzl as saying in comments relayed by his lawyer Rudolf Mayer. Fritzl also criticized media coverage of his case as "totally one-sided."

In 1984, the now 73-year-old lured daughter Elisabeth into a basement in his home in the eastern Austrian town of Amstetten, drugged her and locked her up. He claimed she had disappeared to join a cult.

<span style="color: #CC0000"> The obvious question is this. How can he/anyone possibly make any defense or justification of this? What possibility is there that the "other side story" changes anything? </span>

SKennedy
05-07-2008, 04:00 PM
He's a monster and a lunatic! My question is how can his wife really not know? I know what she claims, etc., but I just find all that so hard to believe.
This guy is sick! His daughter and "their" children may think they would have been better off had he killed them. In fact, they may have begged for him to do just that!

MAC
05-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I couldnt even think of way to punish that evil old bastard that would even fit the crime for what he did. Killing him would be too easy he needs some sort of torture himself to realize what he has done. There is no way the wife didnt know, I dont care what she says. The type of lock on the door should have been a red flag that something wasnt right. No excuse for people like that at all.

sack316
05-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Sounding like an affirmative defense... either some form of insanity being built up or gonna claim he was "protecting" her from the evils of the cult. From the sounds of things she woulda been better off drinking the kool-aid.

All I know is this is the very reason the term "WTF?" was made.

Sack