PDA

View Full Version : US Open - Where's everybody staying?

MikeM
08-07-2002, 08:26 AM
I still need to get a room in Chesapeake. Where is everbody else staying?

MM

Kato
08-07-2002, 08:30 AM
Voodoo scored our room and of course I haven't talked to him in like 23 weeks. He'll show up at my house on Sept 24 and tell me we're staying at the Ritz Carlton or something.

Kato~~~will sleep on the sidewalk if needed.

Nostroke
08-07-2002, 09:14 AM
Hey Mike-The Red Roof is about 300 yds from the front door of the convention center. I booked online for under $40 a night. I have stayed there before and its great. Nice beds, clean, no local bust-outs etc.

Rich R.
08-07-2002, 09:21 AM
I'm staying at the Holiday Inn. It was recommended to me by Brady B. They have special room rates for the U.S. Open, but not as cheap as Nostroke found. I haven't been there before, so I don't have any personal information.
Rich R.

MikeM
08-07-2002, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the response guys. I just made a reservation online at the Wellesley Inn, which is attached to the conference center. They have a web rate of $49.50 for a queen suite, which is supposedly a large room with a queen bed and a sleep sofa. Anybody have any experince good or bad with this place?

MM

Tom_In_Cincy
08-07-2002, 10:01 AM
I am sharing a suite at the Holiday Inn with 2 other people. 3 beds refrig. large bathroom, $89/nite. and it is within crawling distance from the convention center.

Kato
08-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Tom, I honestly think that's where Voodoo and I are staying. He says we're gonna be real good friends with the Shuttle Van guy.........................I'm not sure why.

Kato

Rich R.
08-07-2002, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Tom, I honestly think that's where Voodoo and I are staying. He says we're gonna be real good friends with the Shuttle Van guy.........................I'm not sure why.

Kato <hr></blockquote>
If what I have been told is true, you will not need the shuttle. I have been told that it is just a short walk across a parking lot.
Rich R.~~~hope I was told the truth.

Kato
08-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Voodoo is a large man. If he says we take the shuttle then I am not in a position to argue. It is sometimes good to have both a healthy dose of both respect and fear for a man. Voodoo has both of those with me. Besides, why would you want to cross the street on your feet when some dude will come pick you up? Oh yeah, if we drink..........I mean if Voodoo drinks, we may take the shuttle. Everyone should know that I've never touched a drop of alcohol.

Kato/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

Rich R.
08-07-2002, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Voodoo is a large man. If he says we take the shuttle then I am not in a position to argue. It is sometimes good to have both a healthy dose of both respect and fear for a man. Voodoo has both of those with me. Besides, why would you want to cross the street on your feet when some dude will come pick you up? Oh yeah, if we drink..........I mean if Voodoo drinks, we may take the shuttle. Everyone should know that I've never touched a drop of alcohol.

Kato/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>
When you put it that way, I think you should ride. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif
Rich R.

Nostroke
08-07-2002, 12:30 PM
Its 50 yards from the HI to the CC-There is no shuttle except to Barry's pool room which is 5 or 6 miles away.

Eric.
08-07-2002, 12:47 PM
All the hotels are in the same complex/parking lot. I'm staying at the Red Roof($39.99/nite-I feel like I'm stealing) and it's a short stagger from the Ches Ctr. Everyone should be able to make it from which ever hotel to the tourney on foot.

Eric &gt;looking forward to this one

Bob C
08-07-2002, 03:00 PM
The Holiday Inn is the closest place to the Convention Center. This closeness will be appreciated in the 95 degree temperatures and 98% humidity that are not uncommon in Norfolk in September.

Nostroke
08-07-2002, 03:25 PM
For 50 plus dollars a day, I will endure the extra 50 seconds in the heat from the Red Roof. I like convenience but cmon, a hundred yards difference maybe?

Tom_In_Cincy
08-07-2002, 04:08 PM
The shuttle guy is from the Holiday Inn to Q-Masters pool hall.. $1 each way.. if you drink like most of the group.. having a designated shuttle guy.. (runs on the hour every hour) is a great idea.

Voodoo Daddy
08-07-2002, 06:24 PM
Ok...I'm off the board for a few days and Kato has me drunk, lazy and not willing to walk to my room. I'm hoping everyone gets to meet him before I kill him...HAHAHAHA. Holiday Inn and I'll tell you why, the hotel did there part and the players/spectators should do thiers. Countdown to mayhem is 6 weeks, 6 days!!

Bob C
08-07-2002, 08:13 PM
Suit yourself, but that is why the Holiday Inn is sold out before the Red Roof Inn. Plus it has other ammenities.

Bob C~~~~Glad to pay for convenience and make a great trip even better

Nostroke
08-07-2002, 08:33 PM
I could be wrong but I think its sold out because it's promoted by Barry as as "the official hotel" of the US Open (and i can guess why). Most people aren't familiar with the area and dont look any further. I made that mistake once myself.

Kato
08-07-2002, 09:59 PM
Drunk and lazy? How about Happy and smart? I think that's what I was trying to say. Hey, even in a body bag this kid is gonna have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Kato`~~1 pocket, it's like pulling teeth without drugs, unless it's played right, then it's perfect for taking a nap.

Rich R.
08-08-2002, 04:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Ok...I'm off the board for a few days and Kato has me drunk, lazy and not willing to walk to my room. I'm hoping everyone gets to meet him before I kill him...HAHAHAHA. Holiday Inn and I'll tell you why, the hotel did there part and the players/spectators should do thiers. Countdown to mayhem is 6 weeks, 6 days!! <hr></blockquote>
I knew Kato was making up all that stuff. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif
I'm looking forward to seeing you in Virginia. Rich R.