PDA

View Full Version : Clinton campaign in debt...

eg8r
05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
In a recent post gayle was telling us that the clintons should get "more" credit because of the fortune they amassed coming from poor families. I was wondering if they both also should get credit for the $20 million her campaign is in debt. Why on earth would someone want hillary running the country and managing our debt when she is not even fiscally responsible on her much smaller scale for the campaign.

Clinton status puts focus on her $20 million debt (http://www.townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2008/05/13/clinton_status_puts_focus_on_her_$20_million_debt) <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should she lose or abandon her quest for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Rodham Clinton will have to deal with her campaign's more than $20 million debt _ a step that could test her relationship with Barack Obama and raise new issues in campaign finance law.

Clinton owed $10 million at the end of March, has made loans to her campaign totaling of $11.4 million thus far and will more than likely end the primary season significantly in the red.

Among her options is transferring that debt to her Senate campaign committee and paying it off with contributions to her 2012 re-election effort.
</div></div> So the option currently being bounced around is to let her future campaign pay for it (but won't she need that money for that campaign) or hope Obama's contributors will bail her out.

Now I know that one or two of your will say so what she is $20 million in debt at least that is not as bad as W has done. My issue is this is with the mentality that they would settle for someone whom is not as bad instead of looking for someone who is BETTER. Obama is obviously much much better at handling his money. There is little wonder why Obama is winning the nomination.

eg8r