PDA

View Full Version : McCain knocks Bush on global warming

wolfdancer
05-14-2008, 12:19 AM
McCain Takes Swipe at Bush on Global Warming
Associated Press - (APTN)
May. 12, 2008. 05:10 PM EST
John McCain says global warming is undeniable, and the U.S. must take steps to stop it. The presumptive Republican nominee also took a swipe at President Bush, who balked at the beginning of his te...
McCain (http://www.military.com/news/video)

eg8r
05-14-2008, 07:32 AM
I just wish they would be more clear on what they want to do. We can not do anything about global warming, it is happening as a natural phenomena. What we can do is to reduce our limited impact in every way possible. This definitely does not mean to sign the Kyoto Treaty or come under any other reigning/governing body in an effort to reduce human impact on global warming.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Ed,aren't you changing your stance here? You have stated that it was only the loony left that believed in GW.
AND now even the great man himself, the decider, has decided that "GW is real, but the solutions must be realistic"

"We can not do anything about global warming, it is happening as a natural phenomena. What we can do is to reduce our limited impact in every way possible."??????????

eg8r
05-14-2008, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed,aren't you changing your stance here? You have stated that it was only the loony left that believed in GW.</div></div>Absolutely not! I have just said the looney left are the ones that believe humans are the main cause.

Humans have very little impact on the warming and cooling of our earth but there is that tiny little bit. So for that little bit I do believe we should be responsible for our actions and try to limit our impact even more.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-14-2008, 10:43 AM
it's pretty obvious that you are taking a political, and not a realistic stance on the issue...also obvious you know little about it...well you know, but since it didn't fit in with the party line...until now that McCain has brought it up...it was easier to deny it in the past. now you are trying to modify your stance...give me a break.....
I think you got "egg on your face".
We're just a little more concerned about future generations, then you folks focused instead on your own creature comforts

LWW
05-14-2008, 11:34 AM
McCain is merely a moonbat pandering to other moonbats for votes.

LWW