PDA

View Full Version : This is Bush at his Most disgusting

Gayle in MD
05-14-2008, 01:16 PM
As violence in Iraq continues -- clashes today left 11 dead and 19 injured -- President Bush has for the first time revealed the great sacrifice he's made for the sake of our soldiers: he's given up golf.

From an interview with Politico and Yahoo News:

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal." <span style="color: #000066">Hmmm, and hiding their coffins doesn't send the wrong signal? Just don't let anybody give them any extra money for education when they come back, or expect George Bush to see that they get helmets, or clean drinking water, or armored vehicles, or financial aid for their families, or decent opportunities for hteir medical care, or a reasonable amount of time home with their families! </span>

Bush said he made that decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, which killed Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. official in Iraq and the organization's high commissioner for human rights.

"I remember when de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life," he said. "I was playing golf -- I think I was in central Texas -- and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, 'It's just not worth it anymore to do.'" <span style="color: #000066"> Yeah, who wants to be seen playing golf when some foreigner is killed who isn't doing his job in the first place. </span>

<span style="color: #000066">Yeah, he was playing golf,... kinda reminds one of how he was vacationing when he was warned about the coming alQaeda attack, and he was vacationing when Katrina hit, and reading story books when the country was attacked. Gee, all I can say is I wish he'd stay on the golf course, and out of the loop until January! </span>

wolfdancer
05-14-2008, 05:41 PM
I never realized the sacrifice our beloved CinC was making. I gave up figure skating, and Ballroom dancing to show my support...but Golf....never.
The acronym CinC, for Commander in Chief is pronounced "sink".....like the economy.....

Qtec
05-15-2008, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bush bemoans 'flawed' Iraq data

President George W Bush has said he was disappointed in "flawed intelligence" in the run-up to the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Mr Bush said analysis of the material by many intelligence agencies had led to the "wrong conclusion" on weapons of mass destruction.

In an interview with internet portal Yahoo and newspaper Politico, he also explained why he had given up golf.

"I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal," he said.

Carter criticised

Mr Bush said he did not feel he had been misled on the intelligence on Iraq.

"'Mislead' is a strong word... Do I think somebody lied to me? No, I don't. I think it was just, you know, they analysed the situation and came up with the wrong conclusion."

He said intelligence communities across the world had shared the same assessment.

"And so I was disappointed to see how flawed our intelligence was," he said. </div></div>

What actually happened was that the Govt had already come to a decision to invade Iraq. They set up the Office of Special Operations to filter the info and they used any intel- however unreliable- to convince US citizens that war with Iraq was necessary. They paraded suspicions as facts. Colin Powell went before the UN and said,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The material I will present to you comes from a variety of sources. Some are U.S. sources. And some are those of other countries. Some of the sources are technical, such as intercepted telephone conversations and photos taken by satellites. Other sources are people who have risked their lives to let the world know what Saddam Hussein is really up to.

I cannot tell you everything that we know. But what I can share with you, when combined with what all of us have learned over the years, is deeply troubling.

POWELL: What you will see is an accumulation of facts .......

....Dr. Blix told this council that Iraq has provided little evidence to verify anthrax production and no convincing evidence of its destruction. It should come as no shock then, that since Saddam Hussein forced out the last inspectors in 1998, we have amassed much intelligence indicating that Iraq is continuing to make these weapons.

One of the most worrisome things that emerges from the thick intelligence file we have on Iraq's biological weapons is the existence of mobile production facilities used to make biological agents.
Colin Powell slide 20
Slide 20

POWELL: Let me take you inside that intelligence file and share with you what we know from eye witness accounts. We have firsthand descriptions of biological weapons factories on wheels and on rails.

The trucks and train cars are easily moved and are designed to evade detection by inspectors. In a matter of months, they can produce a quantity of biological poison equal to the entire amount that Iraq claimed to have produced in the years prior to the Gulf War.

Although Iraq's mobile production program began in the mid-1990s, U.N. inspectors at the time only had vague hints of such programs. Confirmation came later, in the year 2000.

The source was an eye witness, an Iraqi chemical engineer who supervised one of these facilities. He actually was present during biological agent production runs. He was also at the site when an accident occurred in 1998. Twelve technicians died from exposure to biological agents.

He reported that when UNSCOM was in country and inspecting, the biological weapons agent production always began on Thursdays at midnight because Iraq thought UNSCOM would not inspect on the Muslim Holy Day, Thursday night through Friday. He added that this was important because the units could not be broken down in the middle of a production run, which had to be completed by Friday evening before the inspectors might arrive again.

This defector is currently hiding in another country with the certain knowledge that Saddam Hussein will kill him if he finds him. His eye-witness account of these mobile production facilities has been corroborated by other sources.

A second source, an Iraqi civil engineer in a position to know the details of the program, confirmed the existence of transportable facilities moving on trailers.

A third source, also in a position to know, reported in summer 2002 that Iraq had manufactured mobile production systems mounted on road trailer units and on rail cars.

Finally, a fourth source, an Iraqi major, who defected, confirmed that Iraq has mobile biological research laboratories, in addition to the production facilities I mentioned earlier. </div></div>

The first defector tells the US a story about mobile CW labs, he makes it up.
The next Iraq defector is asked, "did you see any mobile CW labs?"
Pretty soon you have 3 Iraqi defectors saying they seen these CW labs that are a figment of one man's imagination.

These are not facts. [If 20 people swear they saw an alien that looked like Elvis, would that be a fact?]

IMO, the info that GW got to see was fed to him by Cheney, Feith etc. The neo-cons are the ones who distorted the info and mislead the people- and quite probably GW- into a war that they had been advocating for years.

They were all so sure before the invasion.....and now it was all a big mistake? Oops!
Allowing 9/11 to happen- that was a big mistake. Now we have another big mistake.............coincidence?

If man A says to Man B "I,m going to kill you" and 2 days later man B is found dead, the police arrest him and use his threat against him. Sounds reasonable to me. He might not be quilty but you have to investigate.

The Project for the New American Century,ie the neo-cons- actually said that to achieve their goals it would take a 'Pearl Harbour like' incident to get the US in the mood for war. ie use this patriotic emotion to persue their ME objectives.
9 months after the neo-cons coming to power a 'PH like' incident occurs- 60 years after the original attack.

It has been shown that the US was aware of terrorist cells inside the US but nothing was done. Threats and warnings about an attack came in from intel services around the world but nothing was done.

Q....questions

Qtec
05-15-2008, 04:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..but Golf....never.
</div></div>

I agree. If my brother- a golf fanatic- had to give up golf for 5 years...he would go mad. LOL

Actually, I think GW should play golf all day everyday. You can't do a lot of damage on a golf course apart from hitting someone with a golf ball.

Q

Gayle in MD
05-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Very true. The British Memo told the whole story, the administration fixed the intelligence to fit their policy, then used fear to control the American public, and how about Bush's statement that a Democratic President will insure another terrorist attack!

I have thought all along that there is a deal between Bush and the Saudis, bin Laden's family, "We won't capture him, or kill him, as long as you can insure that there will be no more attacks inside the U.S. until our administration is gone. Do it on the Democrats watch."

There has been too much emphasis all along on their ability to keep the country safe from attacks here, something that no one could control, regardless of which party is in power, unless some kind of deal had been struck.

Cheney's wife is still on the payroll at the American Enterprise Institute, home of the Project For The New American Century.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
05-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Wow, he makes this decision back in 2003 and you are now making fun of it? I knew you were slow but this is ridiculous.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
05-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I love the way that conspiracy theories are used as proof for other conspiracy theories.....

LWW
05-16-2008, 04:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the way that conspiracy theories are used as proof for other conspiracy theories..... </div></div>
Remember the leftist mantra ... the most convincing proof of a conspiracy is no proof at all!

LWW