PDA

View Full Version : A Fine Op Ed, and It's High Time!

Gayle in MD
05-15-2008, 10:08 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...id=opinionsbox1 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/14/AR2008051403090.html?hpid=opinionsbox1)

Deeman3
05-15-2008, 10:20 AM
She is, of course, correct. I do not believe any other woman in the U.S. could inspire such a litany of these things but they have no place in a political campaign.

I guess, in a way, she has pioneered the way for women in the future and, sans all the baggage she brings with her. I hope the next one is treated more evenly for her sex.

I think you will admit that this does not come only form the right, but has deep roots in your own party as well. I did like the part where she questioned wheather jokes about Obama's sex organs would be taken as lightly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I guess Hillary and McCain are the only two that can be bashed with impunuity!

jayalley
05-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Ha Ha Ha !

This is pretty careless on your part, since most of the nasty miscreants in that op-ed piece are Democrats just like you, Comrade. Now you know how you sound to others.

Takes one to know one, I guess.

wolfdancer
05-15-2008, 10:26 AM
misogyny? in America? in the 21st century?......can't be; we got laws against that.

Gayle in MD
05-15-2008, 10:35 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
She is, of course, correct. I do not believe any other woman in the U.S. could inspire such a litany of these things but they have no place in a political campaign. <span style="color: #000066">All due respect, Deeman, any woman of worth and accomplishment, who does not cower to her attackers, nor apologize for standing her ground, would face the same things, IMO. </span>

I guess, in a way, she has pioneered the way for women in the future <span style="color: #000066">and the past, </span> and, sans all the baggage she brings with her. <span style="color: #000066">I believe all the candidates have baggage, </span> I hope the next one is treated more evenly for her sex. <span style="color: #000066">I do appreciate your wish. </span>

I think you will admit that this does not come only form the right, but has deep roots in your own party as well. <span style="color: #000066">Yes, that is true, and nevertheless, the parade of offenders began with men, both on the Hill, and in the media. </span> I did like the part where she questioned wheather jokes about Obama's sex organs would be taken as lightly. <span style="color: #000066">As I have written about, sexism is not only acceptable, but experienced as a joke. I find that to be an American tragedy. </span>

I guess Hillary and McCain are the only two that can be bashed with impunuity! <span style="color: #000066">I don't think the bashing, as you call it, of McCain, has been gender based, do you? Just as I don't think those who have bashed Hillary, generally speaking, have done so according to her performance in the Senate. Obama's wife, for example, bashed her by insinuating that because Bill misbehaved, "Hillary couldn't run her own house, much less the White House." As I said before, I thought it was one of the most cruel, and sexist statements of the entire primary. I am just very depressed that without Hillary in the race, there is no candidate available that I trust to run this country. </span>

Deeman3
05-15-2008, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [/color]

I guess Hillary and McCain are the only two that can be bashed with impunuity! <span style="color: #000066">I don't think the bashing, as you call it, of McCain, has been gender based, do you? <span style="color: #FFFF00">NO, aged based, even his close associations ie. w/democrats), questioning his patriotism, etc. </span> Just as I don't think those who have bashed Hillary, generally speaking, have done so according to her performance in the Senate. <span style="color: #FFFF00">True </span> Obama's wife, for example, bashed her by insinuating that because Bill misbehaved, "Hillary couldn't run her own house, much less the White House." As I said before, I thought it was one of the most cruel, and sexist statements of the entire primary. I am just very depressed that without Hillary in the race, there is no candidate available that I trust to run this country. </span> I've said much the same on that but clearly it is wrong as it is the cheater who is at fault, no the victim.<span style="color: #FFFF00"> </span>
</div></div>

eg8r
05-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Great piece. The lady basically has said the Dems have proven they are a bunch mysogynists. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
05-16-2008, 04:14 AM
I still treasure my Bill Clinton "DRAFT EVADER" which seals that pesky draft around the bottom of the door in winter.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I think age and health issues fall in line with legitimate concerns for voters, Deeman, where as race and gender, certainly do not.

McCain has already shown that he intends to go as slimey as the Rovarian tactics from our recent past, already trying to link Obama with Hamasm using the same ol' REpublican fear cards, and slingin slime all the way.

He's going to lose, because he is an elitist of the worst kind, a man who thinks he's better than all others, and that the country owes him something for being a former POW, regardless of any other behavior in his past. As much has been stated by Republicans themselves, on the record.

He is supporting a policy that has been proven to have been the wrong path taken, and a path that has hurt America, and enhenced our enemies, according to our National Security Intelligence Estimates. When 81% of Americans say so, I'd say they are not all Democrats, and Independents.

He's now talking about staying in Iraq until 2013, gee, isn't that setting a date fro withdrawel? And, with a broken Army, 9 trillion in debt, $4.00 a gallon gas, a declining economy, at best, and 81% of us against continuing this fiasco. Do you suppose that he will be continuing to send back the same
American troops, brain damaged or not, into their 20th and 30th deployments? And without proper equipment?

What a windfall that will be for Halliburton, Blackhawk, and all the other many from the Bush/Cheney former business partners and campaign contributors. What a colossal tragedy for America, he would be. He's nuts! Not because he's Republican, and not because he's old, just because he is nuts. Not only that, but he's every bit as repulsive as George Bush and Dick Cheney, and every bit as much of a fake.

Much more will surface in the coming months, about McCain, Bush, Rice, Cheney and Cindy. It won't be pretty, and it won't be just political drama from the left, either.

Gayle in Md.