PDA

View Full Version : The "Let's all agree" thread

sack316
05-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Just for a change of pace, how about we just have a thread here in which we all agree that EVERYONE sucks anyway. Politically each side has it's good and bad (granted some individuals have more of one or the other than some other individuals--- but as a whole each side has it's good and bad). But overall, everyone sucks. I may sway more to the conservative side, but we suck. You may swing a little more liberally, you guys suck too. We all suck.

And as far as the presidential elections go... really how much should we bank on people who are willing to spend millions of dollars, working hours, pain, and stress for a position that doesn't pay that great in which half the country and most of the world for that matter will criticize your every decision. Your personal life, your family, your friends and acquaintances are placed under a microscope by people hoping to find the slightest thing with which to ruin your career with. Your life is in danger every day, and your best case scenario is that you may do a great job and get your face plastered on a big rock. It's no wonder that the people who would want this job are tpically not our ideal candidates for the position. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

But maybe, just maybe, we can all agree that we suck /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Deeman3
05-15-2008, 02:31 PM
We might also agree that Senators (all three are) "work" 15~20 hour weeks about 40% of the year and make enough to put them out of touch, no matter what they might say, with the majority of Americans. Each has bloated staffs, are treated like anything but public servants and all are willing to spend our money like it was granted, not earned.

I agree it all sucks.

nAz
05-15-2008, 03:06 PM
I agree with the contents of this thread so far.

I also think we should all agree that LWW Sucks too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

SKennedy
05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
It all sucks!

pooltchr
05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Great post! Why do you think I have been pushing for less government, smaller government, and reduced taxes and spending? With fewer of them around, and less power and money to squander, it's just possible that Washington wouldn't suck so much!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Steve

pooltchr
05-15-2008, 06:21 PM
On the other hand, they might just suck harder!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
Steve

hondo
05-15-2008, 09:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKennedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It all sucks! </div></div>

I had a couple of old girl friends who sucked.

sack316
05-16-2008, 05:12 AM
awesome... I get back to find that thus far there is no debate or disagreement (unless you count Steve, but he just kinda questioned himself rather than disagreed with himself... and either way it was just with himself).

Perhaps I am the great uniter? Vote for me, I will go to each side of the aisle and proudly tell each person "you suck" over and over again until they get that little "oh yeah" moment and start to actually work on sucking less. Well either that or I will get corrupt and begin to suck as well, but that will be OK because I'd get rich /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

posting after a 16 hour work day, sucks.

Sack

hondo
05-16-2008, 05:43 AM
I'll be honest. This thread is starting to suck. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

eb_in_nc
05-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Agreeing that everything sucks is a good thing. The reason is because life in general sucks, and each day things seem to get worse and worse with no shred of anything getting better any day soon. It's like mankind is suffering some form of social entropy, extending is reach from thermodynamics. Nevertheless, we are in an ever-increasing spiral dive towards the ground, and I truly pity our great grandchildren who will have to inherit this mess we will be leaving for them.

Democrat or Republican, In my mind it is going to take an act of God to make any difference to turn things around and neither candidate in either party will really make a hill of beans difference to changing the tide. That's the real reason we all get so pissy with one another because we feel extending our own ideals to others will help to facilitate this change, but all it does is further separate who we are.

Let's face it, mankind will never live harmoniously worldwide, period. I just don't see this ever happening. There is too much diversity in thought and ideals for this to ever happen. If you're a Muslim and believe in the Allah and the Koran, then death to infidels who do not believe is just plain black and white. To believe we can ever talk someone around these issues (pay attention Jimmy Carter) is just plain foolish and will never happen.

So yes, the world and all the events that it is facing really, truly sucks big time. But hey, this is a billiards forum and at least we can still appreciate playing pool!

Deeman3
05-16-2008, 07:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKennedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It all sucks! </div></div>

I had a couple of old girl friends who sucked. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">First disagreement. My girlfriend sucked more than your girl friend! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Of course, she had more teeth! </span>

DickLeonard
05-16-2008, 08:27 AM
sack316 How would you like to get paid 250 thou a year to run this country. It is a pay raise for the three Senators, who would give a 50 million dollar a year job besides Deick Cheney. There still seems a Question whether he really did give up his pay. He certainly funneled billions to Halley Burton with no Questions asked, he must be getting a giant kickback.

That is what we need an administrator with competent employees. Not jobs to the highest donators. A donator is just two letters away from a Senator in the power structure in Washington.

Remember Revolutation is the only Solution. ####

bsmutz
05-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Okay... You kind of forced me into it. Washington, DC is nothing but a big Electrolux. However, life is exceptionally wonderful and I truly believe that we are on the brink of global unity where all people of all nations come together to heal the world and live in peace & harmony! It's Jesus'/Buddha's/Allah's/Shiva's/God's/Yahweh's/Jehovah's/Flying Spaghetti Monster's/Thor's/Zeus' will. So be it!

Gayle in MD
05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Sack,
Unfortunately, many politicians begin their careers on the local country or state level, IOW, the breeding ground of corruption. They go in, for the most part, to make money, and rise up to the higher levels of opportunity for the same, in our Congress, Senate, and the White House. While we must accept that, we must also never forget that we live in the greatest country in the world. Though we falter, slip and slide, the pendulum does swing back and forth, and does find the best middle ground, eventually, hence, we no longer have slavery, we now allow blacks and women, the vote, all children have the opportunity to secure an education, and there are many other strides that we have made in our great country, which set us apart, for the better, from other parts of the world.

While I have been the most prolific accuser and nay sayer, forever bashing and critical of the damaging actions which I feel have contributed to this very low point in our history, nevertheless, I, as usual, must disagree with your premise, for I believe in the American spirit, and the will of the American people to strive for what is good and right, and I think that much of our hope must always live in our hearts, and in our ability to experience empathy for our fellow man and woman.

We are all so much more alike than we tend to realize, regardless of our sexuality, religious beliefs, or varried philosophies, and I believe that only fear is our enemy, and only when we allow it to be so.

The future will find us, I believe, embracing our differences in a new and fresh tomorrow, for the sake of the common global good, and our shared challenges will bring about circumstances which will require that the peoples of the world, join in a commitment, to solve those pressing challenges, and go forward to create an understanding and acceptance of a kind which has never existed in our past.

I have all the confidence in the world, that there really is a better tomorrow, and that we will create it, together, because I do believe that in the long run, overall, good does win over evil, and that often time, even in nature, stress does bring about changes, which improve conditions, and assure salvation.

Love,
Gayle

wolfdancer
05-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Not everybody...I'm working on my list...lww,.......
Actually nobody "sucks", but we all have different ideas about politics and religion....course mine and Gayle's are the correct views......

Chopstick
05-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Why don't we combine threads and all agree to ignore Hondo? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Deeman3
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't we combine threads and all agree to ignore Hondo? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF9900"> can't do that...if his girlfreind sucked, he's on our team :0 </span>

SKennedy
05-16-2008, 02:34 PM
You suck, I suck, we all suck.....well not everyone....some actually blow!

pooltchr
05-16-2008, 05:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,
Unfortunately, many politicians begin their careers on the local country or state level, IOW, the breeding ground of corruption. They go in, for the most part, to make money, and rise up to the higher levels of opportunity for the same, in our Congress, Senate, and the White House. While we must accept that, we must also never forget that we live in the greatest country in the world. Though we falter, slip and slide, the pendulum does swing back and forth, and does find the best middle ground, eventually, hence, we no longer have slavery, we now allow blacks and women, the vote, all children have the opportunity to secure an education, and there are many other strides that we have made in our great country, which set us apart, for the better, from other parts of the world.

While I have been the most prolific accuser and nay sayer, forever bashing and critical of the damaging actions which I feel have contributed to this very low point in our history, nevertheless, I, as usual, must disagree with your premise, for I believe in the American spirit, and the will of the American people to strive for what is good and right, and I think that much of our hope must always live in our hearts, and in our ability to experience empathy for our fellow man and woman.

We are all so much more alike than we tend to realize, regardless of our sexuality, religious beliefs, or varried philosophies, and I believe that only fear is our enemy, and only when we allow it to be so.

The future will find us, I believe, embracing our differences in a new and fresh tomorrow, for the sake of the common global good, and our shared challenges will bring about circumstances which will require that the peoples of the world, join in a commitment, to solve those pressing challenges, and go forward to create an understanding and acceptance of a kind which has never existed in our past.

I have all the confidence in the world, that there really is a better tomorrow, and that we will create it, together, because I do believe that in the long run, overall, good does win over evil, and that often time, even in nature, stress does bring about changes, which improve conditions, and assure salvation.

Love,
Gayle </div></div>

I can't believe I am saying this, but...

Tap Tap Tap!

(Uh oh! I think the temperature in Hell just dropped!!!!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Steve

hondo
05-17-2008, 06:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKennedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It all sucks! </div></div>

I had a couple of old girl friends who sucked. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">First disagreement. My girlfriend sucked more than your girl friend! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Of course, she had more teeth! </span> </div></div>

ONE MORE TIME, ALICE! TO THE MOON!