PDA

View Full Version : Joe Tucker's Videos

JoeW
05-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Joe Tuckerís latest video on the application of side spin is one of the best videos I have watched in the last six months. He discusses and shows why a combination of front and back hand English is the preferred way to play. I was very impressed by this presentation. I tried his ideas last night and can see that my game is about to change drastically based on his comments. I would be quite interested in hearing what others have to say.

I think that this set of videos is for the serious player or the player who has spent a considerable amount of time attempting to improve their game. It is probably the way that new but serious players should be taught. While I understand how and why ďBack Hand EnglishĒ is used, I did not like the complications involved. In my opinion, Tuckerís presentation makes an excellent case for why minor adjustments using front and back hand English can have a dramatic impact on oneís game.

Joe Tucker's Video (http://www.howcast.com/videos/3348-How-To-Apply-Side-Spin-To-the-Cue-Ball-and-Its-Effects)

Joe Tís video presentations are indeed excellent work and place his work in the same class as Dr. Daveís work and of course the excellent presentations by Mike Page. I think that these are the three best video teachers on the internet. It seems to me that their work should in some ways be combined and made accessible to all serious players along with some of the excellent snooker coaches that are also available and I will try to do just that on my site.

One of the things that occurred to me after reviewing Joe Tís work is that I am quite impressed by him as a teacher and I would consider driving to his location to take a lesson or two. I was a university professor for 30 years and obviously am not easily impressed by the idea that someone says that they are a coach or teacher. Joe Tís willingness to place himself on the net and to place his teaching abilities in public for all to see is a gutsy move and one that certainly works for him as he is indeed an excellent teacher. His sample lessons are worthy of note by others who claim to teach.

Curdog
05-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Amen to everything you said. The first thing I did after watching the video on spin was to email Joe and congratulate him on what I thought was the best instructional video on this subject which I had ever seen.
I will add that his other videos on Howcast are equally valuable. Add to that the last two articles in the Ozone newsletter and it is easy to see the well-roundedness of Joe's ability to communicate.
I also have every intention of getting a lesson or two with Joe as soon as i can.

wolfdancer
05-17-2008, 12:16 PM
thanks for the link...besides being a great instructor/player...Joe
comes across as a great guy as well.

JoeW
05-17-2008, 01:51 PM
I have posted several links to great instructional videos on my web site. They include Jack Karnehm, Collin Colenso, Joe Tucker, Mike Page and Dr Dave.

Does anyone have other links to instructional videos that are this good?

BTW Wolfdancer, I have an essay titled "Who is a Teacher" on my web site in the Articles section that you might find interesting. It seems that to be an excellent teacher one must be a good person. Teaching is about the student and as some one said, it is necessary to "check your ego at the door" to teach well. Joe T and other good teachers are able to do this.

deadstroke15
05-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I recently saw Joe T. playing at the Joss tour at snookers in RI. Very good player, I did not talk to him much, but does anyone know what area he is from? I would also like to take a lesson or two from him.

JoeW
05-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I learned he is from Providence, RI and can be contacted at JoeTucker.net. I found this info when constructing links for my site. He posts here now and again under JoeT I think.

BTW I do not know JoeT. I have had a few exchanges with him on the net and by email. So my comments are purely a personal assessment at a distance.

dr_dave
05-20-2008, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have posted several links to great instructional videos on my web site. They include Jack Karnehm, Collin Colenso, Joe Tucker, Mike Page and Dr Dave.

Does anyone have other links to instructional videos that are this good?</div></div>Joe,

FYI, I have some links to instructional video resources here:

http://billiards.colostate.edu/videos

under "Instructional" and "See Also."

Regards,
Dave

JoeW
05-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks, I will take a look. I have a question about JoeT video and will post as a new thread perhaps you can address the issue.