PDA

View Full Version : This is Choice, Typical, and Oh so Right Wing!

Gayle in MD
05-17-2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/15/hardball-shoutfest-matthe_n_102020.html

wolfdancer
05-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Is Evisceration legal?... I have a few people in mind...and then I'll add in some fava beans, and a nice Chianti....

Gayle in MD
05-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Pretty funny, huh? Typical right wing nut, using buzz words he's memorized for the republican styled fear/slush campaigns where they pull up everything from Hitler, (as our illustrious president unabashedly stoops to display, and at the most inappropriate time imaginable) to Chamberlin, but no clue of what he's talking about.

I think McCain provided us with a glimpse into his campaign style, with his statements linking Obama with Hamas, nasty mud slinging, trying to exploit irrelevant things like what terrrorists think about our candidates, to dirty up the Democrat.

It's been pretty disgusting throughout Bush's term, watching Republicans build importance into what these despots say, and using their statements and ideology, for political purposes here in America. Nothing could be more divisive, but that's what they do best, slice and dice up the country by exploiting differences, instead of working toward reconciliation and compromise, and keeping Americans in a state of fear, the very goal and definition of terrorism itself!

Which is most effective, bin Laden's fear tactics, or Bush's and the Republicans, both have the same goal, scare as many Americans as possible, to get them to cower down to the chosen ideology.

Disgusting.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
05-18-2008, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think McCain provided us with a glimpse into his campaign style, with his statements linking Obama with Hamas,
Gayle in Md.

</div></div>
Don't you ever stop to think about anything before you speak? Hamas has come out in support of Obama. Now, while I understand he hasn't any control over where his support comes from, it would seem prudent to consider what it is about Obama that would make a terrorist organization like Hamas decide they would like to see him in the White House.

I know this might cause you to have to think for yourself, rather than researching the liberal spin to get an answer, but it's still something you might want to try.

Steve

cheesemouse
05-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Gayle,
It was refreshing to see one of the fright rights army of the parrots busted. The busting of this parrot should send a signal to the 'swift boaters' that it isn't going to be so easy this time.

Vapros
05-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Obama might do well to have Gayle committed somewhere, at least until after the election. I think he's acquiring more crazies than he can overcome.

And asking the American voters to elect him president, Obama is like a little boy nagging his mother to buy him a pet tiger. "I'm pretty sure I could handle it, Mom!!"

Gayle in MD
05-19-2008, 07:51 AM
LMAO, right, I'm smart enough not to factor the statements and opinions of foreign terrorist groups into my decisions about which presidential candidate is best for our country.

You are so obviously guilty of using your own party's spin that it's laughable for you to accuse me. Bush, Rice, Cheney, are all talking with terrorist supporters, and Bush kisses them and hold hands with them, but that's OK with you, right? You're fine with him flying the family of bin Laden out of the country after their brother killed nearly three thousand Americans? Are you aware that most of those terrorists were from Saudi Arabia?Are you unaware that Saudi Arabia has financed the Sunni insurgents in Iraq who killed American soldiers? Bush is still kissing them however.

Are you aware of the definition of appeasement?
1. To bring to a state of peace and quiet. calm...

We won't ever accuse the president of that definition, that's for sure!

2. To cause to subside.

Well, he's managed to subside our surplus.

3. Pacify, conciliate, esp : to buy off (an agressor) at the sacrifice of principles -

While we surely can't accuse Bush of the first two, he is guilty as sin of the third, Carter, OTOH, didn't do any of that, nor has Obama, while Bush is paying insurgents in Iraq, and even the 9/11 commission advised that we must open dialog with our enemies, hence, if it's a REpublican, it's dialog, but if it's a Democrat, it's appeasement?

Both Bush and McCain's statements about Obama, were pure Republican politics of personal destruction. Republicans promise fiscal responsibility, and honor, and then prove themselves the most corrupt, incompetent, spendoholics, and run up more debt than this country has ever seen, and YOU say I'm partisan, and don't think for myself!!!????

BWA HA HA HA, and you're going to go vote for McCain whose Campaign has already seen three lobbyists leave the campaign, two of them representing foreign countries, Saudi Arabia, and Mayanmar!

While I have been known to praise some Republicans, who have spoken up for our troops, and against this administration's abuse of them, you couldn't find a single good thing to say about any Democrats, except a dead one.

Considering what a terrorist organization wants, or does not want, is an absurd basis for deciding who can best run this country, and this is probably one of your more illogical positions, although you have many, IMO, and Both Bush and McCain have already shown that their tactics of SMUT, work well with tyheir sheep, you being one of those!

Gayle in Md.

Look, Steve, if you want to debate with me in the future, drop the condescending insults. No one who defends George Bush should be accusing someone else of particism, and not thinking for themself. If anything, those labels fit you far more so than I, as I study the issues for myself. You are ready to go back out and vote for the worst spending corruption and waste this country has ever seen.

Gayle in MD
05-19-2008, 08:06 AM
DON"T YOU???

UPDATE (3/18): John McCain's chief strategist Charlie Black isn't losing any sleep about his firm's involvements with some of the worst dictators and human rights abusers in the world. Responding to a MoveOn video seeking to have Black removed from McCain's campaign, the lobbyist-turned-adviser had this to say:

"I'm not ashamed of anything the firm did," McCain adviser Charlie Black says of his days as the principle in one of Washington's most influential lobbying firms. "If they want to use it to fire up the left wing, well, that's fine."

Black is referring to a campaign by liberal watchdog and political groups to pressure McCain into dumping Black, now a top McCain campaign strategist. Today, MoveOn's political action fund released a video accusing Black of lobbying "for some of the world's worst tyrants."

ORIGINAL POST: John McCain just can't get a handle on his lobbyist connections. Ben Smith at Politico reports:

John McCain's campaign asked a prominent Republican consultant, Craig Shirley, to leave his official campaign role and released a new conflict of interest policy Thursday after a Politico inquiry about Shirley's dual role consulting for the campaign and for an independent "527" group opposing the Democratic presidential candidates.

Shirley, a conservative public relations veteran, doubled as a consultant to McCain and to the group Stop Her Now, a 527 group barred from coordinating its activities with presidential campaigns. He is not currently on the McCain campaign's payroll, but would also step down from his role on McCain's Virginia Leadership Team, a McCain spokesman, Brian Rogers, said.

"If you're working for a 527 involved in the presidential race, you won't have a named role in our campaign," said Rogers.

Under the new policy, a copy of which was provided to Politico, "no person with a McCain Campaign title or position may participate in a 527 or other independent entity that makes public communications that support or oppose any presidential candidate."

Marc Ambinder confirms the new effort by the McCain camp to scrutinize its lobbyist advisers:

This morning, according to two Republicans with direct knowledge, Rick Davis, the campaign manager, e-mailed to McCain's entire staff a memo entitled "McCain Campaign Conflicts Policy" -- Effective Today" that includes a questionnaire asking about previous professional activities.

One of the questions asks: "Have you ever been a registered lobbyist at either the Federal or State level?" Another asks: "Have you ever been a registered foreign agent? A third asks staff members to list all of their previous lobbying or foreign government clients.

All staff members are required to submit the form to McCain's campaign counsel, Trevor Potter and his staff, for their review.

Employees who lie about their affiliations will be fired. The new conflicts policy prohibits campaign staffers from being "registered lobbyist or foreign agent, or receive compensation for any such activity."

Despite his reputation as a government reformer, conflicts of interest are nothing new to the McCain camp. Today USA Today is reporting on yet another land swap deal that McCain secured for a major donor which netted his supporter a profit far exceeding market value.

Sen. John McCain secured millions in federal funds for a land acquisition program that provided a windfall for an Arizona developer whose executives were major campaign donors, public records show.

McCain, who has made fighting special-interest projects a centerpiece of his presidential campaign, inserted $14.3 million in a 2003 defense bill to buy land around Luke Air Force Base in a provision sought by SunCor Development, the largest of about 50 landowners near the base. SunCor representatives, upset with a state law that restricted development around Luke, met with McCain's staff to lobby for funding, according to John Ogden, SunCor's president at the time.

The Air Force later paid SunCor $3 million for 122 acres near the base. It was the highest single land transaction of the private lots purchased by the government -- three times the county's assessed value and twice the military's estimated value. SunCor also donated another 122 acres. Alan Bunnell, a spokesman for SunCor's parent company, Pinnacle West Capital, said the donation was meant to minimize the company's tax bill and enhance the value of adjacent property it owns.

The new policy has already claimed one lobbyist who advised McCain, energy policy adviser Eric Burgeson:

McCain's former energy advisor joined the firm of Barbour Griffith & Rogers in Washington in 2006 after serving as the chief of staff at the Department of Energy. Burgeson's energy clients include Southern Company, which operates electric utilities and nuclear-power plants in the Southeast.

''Eric leads the firm's energy practice utilizing his domestic and international energy policy expertise and network of policy decision makers,'' the firm's website states.

But despite renewed scrutiny, the new policy is unlikely to to cut short the career of McCain's chief political adviser Charlie Black, who is a notorious lobbyist with connections to several unsavory dictatorships. Campaign Money Watch has penned an open letter urging the removal of three lobbyists/adivsers, including Black, who have or currently represent regimes know for committing human rights abuses. Meanwhile, MoveOn.org has published a short video of his most nefarious clients, and is seeking Black's ouster from the McCain camp.

John McCain says we're fighting in Iraq to plant "the seeds of democracy," but the firm of his "chief political adviser" Charlie Black made millions lobbying for the world's worst tyrants...

...Ferdinand Marcos, who executed thousands of his own citizens in the Philippines...

...Zaire's Mobuto, who publicly hanged his opponents and looted his country's vast mineral wealth...

...and rebel leader Jonas Savimbi, a mass murderer, who covered Angola with landmines.

Charlie Black said he didn't do anything wrong. John McCain should tell Black he did. Call John McCain and tell him to fire Charlie Black.

And while you're at it, tell him that a three trillion dollar war is a good reason why we're in the economic mess we're in right now, and explain hwo the hell we're going to get out of it while we spend billions subsidizing oil companies that do nothing to improve our circumstances.

REagan took this country away from energy independence, Reagan, Bush and Bush. Carter tried to get us to face the coming problems due to our oil dependence on rougue nations. Look where we are now! THINK!!!

Gayle in MD
05-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I'll say it was! Can't you just imagine the same sort of dazed and confused response from Bush. I kept thinking, if Bush was the guy in the hot seat, the answers would likely be identical. Remember his answer to the question about sovereignty!

I just heard about all of lobbyists in John McCain's Campaign who have been on the payroll of countries that are considered rogue nationa, which practice inhumane activities, and human rights violations.

But, you know, the nutty 19 to 22 percent from the right, you know the ones, the kinds of people who point to flawed economic statistics, while completely ignoring a three trillion dollar war, and nine trillion in deficits, and terrorism expanded all over the world, but their ready to vote for more of the same!

Sheep are dumb, and they stink!

Republicans will be slaughtered in the next election. BRAVO!

Deeman3
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
Don't you ever stop to think about anything before you speak? Hamas has come out in support of Obama. Steve [/quote]

<span style="color: #FFCC66"> I think the Hammas thing is good for Obama. It will give him even more of the left vote, that demographic that will see him through the November election. You know, I know, they know, they have picked a bad horse, even the enlightened one is only a week or so from saying he is not qualified to run the country, buyer's remorse is setting in, now they all of a sudden they find him a defendable candidate despite his empty words they were critiquing a few weeks ago.

So, as we cling to our guns and religeons, Obama will further develop the upper class whites in the Northwest and Northeast and the flyover States who loved Hillary will see Obama for who he is, an elitist (is that what Hillary called him) and give their Nascar Votes to McCain. After all, with the far left and the Muslim vote, who needs the flyover moderates? </span>

LWW
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Gayle has no respect of reality ... as we all know.

Truth is an attack.

Quite an amazing political philosophy.

She has uttered one line I agree with though, and she proves it on a regular basis ... "sheep are stupid, and they stink".

LWW