PDA

View Full Version : More On detainee Abuse of "Suspected" Terrorists.

Gayle in MD
05-21-2008, 08:30 AM
This is absolutely disgusting. If anyone saw the statements made yesterday to the investigating committee, by the Islamic man from Germany, and innocent man, sent to Gitmo, who was tortured, and dozens more innocents, also tortured, there would bo no wondering why AMerica has lost its moral high ground.

One can only hope that those responsible for this, in the White House, recieve the correct punishment for the crimes they have committed on innocent people. It seems that all one had to do was be Islamic, and fly in or out of Germany, to be arrested and tortured. This is a national disgrace, and those who defend it should consider that many innocent people were tortured, and deprived of human rights.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...d=moreheadlines (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/20/AR2008052001123.html?hpid=moreheadlines)

LWW
05-21-2008, 08:35 AM
I think they should be subjected to a reading of a few of your rants.

LWW

eb_in_nc
05-21-2008, 09:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they should be subjected to a reading of a few of your rants.

LWW </div></div>

LMAO!!

Deeman3
05-21-2008, 09:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eb_in_nc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they should be subjected to a reading of a few of your rants.

LWW </div></div>

LMAO!! </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">That would get waterboarding back on the table! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Bobbyrx
05-21-2008, 10:16 AM
[quote=Gayle in MD]This is absolutely disgusting. If anyone saw the statements made yesterday to the investigating committee, <span style="color: #FF0000">You got that right. "A handful of US lawmakers gave only half an ear to the testimony on Tuesday of a former detainee at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Facing the screen, the majority of seats for committee members sat empty. Barely half a dozen lawmakers came to listen to the former detainee, and most were unable to remember his name, with one even calling him "Mr. Karzai."
<span style="color: #FF6666"> </span> <span style="color: #FF0000"> </span> </span> by the Islamic man from Germany, and innocent man, sent to Gitmo, who was tortured, and dozens more innocents, also tortured, there would bo no wondering why AMerica has lost its moral high ground.
<span style="color: #FF6666">And surprise, he's selling a book "Many of the details are included in his book, "Five Years of My Life: An Innocent Man in Guantanamo," recently released in the United States."

</span>
One can only hope that those responsible for this, in the White House, recieve the correct punishment for the crimes they have committed on innocent people. <span style="color: #FF0000">Where is there any proof that Bush ordered the CIA and FBI to go out and arrest and torture innocent people? </span> It seems that all one had to do was be Islamic, and fly in or out of Germany, to be arrested and tortured. This is a national disgrace, and those who defend it should consider that many innocent people were tortured, and deprived of human rights.
<span style="color: #FF0000">What's not amazing is that you are first to believe anything anyone will say without question if it makes the U.S. look bad , especially Bush, not questioning their motive or agenda. It is sad that he was kept this long and then not charged, however, "Pentagon spokesman Commander Jeffrey Gordon wouldn't discuss whether the DoD now acknowledges Kurnaz was innocent, but he "...stressed that a substantial amount of information about Kurnaz remains classified" but I'm sure he's lieing while the Islamic extremist is telling the truth. They never lie only Rupublicans</span>

Gayle in MD
05-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Maybe you don't care if your President has lied about torturing innocent people. I do. I watched the man testify. You didn't. Our FBI was alarmed about what was going on. I've watched dozens of whistleblowers testify about this same subject.
I suppose you can just choose to believe enything, and everything that George Bush and Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and the rest of these proven liars tell you, but as an AMerican, I find it necessary, and a duty, to stay abreast of what my country doesn, and who is behind it.

You, OTOH, obviously have a philosophy of, "My country, right or wrong" that is up to you, however, that is not an attitude that strengthens our country, or promotes our own freedom.

Generals, FBI agenst, Pentagon experts, the outcry against such inhumane activities has been wide, and far, including people of all political persuasions, but anything that proves that George Bush has been a POS president, goes automatically against your grain. Fine. don't believe anything, unless he tells you it's true. Watching a person speak about what happened to him, live, is about the best opportunity an individual can have to make judgements about whether or not he's telling the truth. That's something you don't want to bother about. hence, you never know what you're talking about, nor do any of your other right wing geniuses.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
05-21-2008, 12:15 PM
It does make you wonder why the pleadings of the families of those beheaded by the Islamic Terrorists dooes not get near the playtime, wait, any play time from all these concerned on the left? Not one minute of concern over those people's rights but volumes about abuse from our side.

Yes, some of it did happen. Wanna compare the number and severity of the abuses from our side vs. their side over the last 7 years? No, you want to only look at things that make us appear as evil in the eyes of the world.

Nice Double Standard

LWW
05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Gayle in MD]This is absolutely disgusting. If anyone saw the statements made yesterday to the investigating committee, <span style="color: #FF0000">You got that right. "A handful of US lawmakers gave only half an ear to the testimony on Tuesday of a former detainee at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Facing the screen, the majority of seats for committee members sat empty. Barely half a dozen lawmakers came to listen to the former detainee, and most were unable to remember his name, with one even calling him "Mr. Karzai."
<span style="color: #FF6666"> </span> <span style="color: #FF0000"> </span> </span> by the Islamic man from Germany, and innocent man, sent to Gitmo, who was tortured, and dozens more innocents, also tortured, there would bo no wondering why AMerica has lost its moral high ground.
<span style="color: #FF6666">And surprise, he's selling a book "Many of the details are included in his book, "Five Years of My Life: An Innocent Man in Guantanamo," recently released in the United States."

</span>
One can only hope that those responsible for this, in the White House, recieve the correct punishment for the crimes they have committed on innocent people. <span style="color: #FF0000">Where is there any proof that Bush ordered the CIA and FBI to go out and arrest and torture innocent people? </span> It seems that all one had to do was be Islamic, and fly in or out of Germany, to be arrested and tortured. This is a national disgrace, and those who defend it should consider that many innocent people were tortured, and deprived of human rights.
<span style="color: #FF0000">What's not amazing is that you are first to believe anything anyone will say without question if it makes the U.S. look bad , especially Bush, not questioning their motive or agenda. It is sad that he was kept this long and then not charged, however, "Pentagon spokesman Commander Jeffrey Gordon wouldn't discuss whether the DoD now acknowledges Kurnaz was innocent, but he "...stressed that a substantial amount of information about Kurnaz remains classified" but I'm sure he's lieing while the Islamic extremist is telling the truth. They never lie only Rupublicans</span> </div></div>
Proof?

What is this madness of which you speak?

Don't you know that that anyone who blames the USA must be believed?

Don't you know that anyone who howls B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! has to be telling the truth?

LWW

LWW
05-21-2008, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you don't care if your President has lied about torturing innocent people. I do.
Gayle in Md.</div></div>
No you don't.

If you did you would have condemnation for the dems who were in on the planning of the tactics used, wanted them used more often, and wanted more severe tactics used.

But you don't.

If you did you would have condemnation for the dems who lied about it being heinous, undermining the US during time of war, after they had been willing accomplices.

But you don't.

If you did you would have condemnation for the dems who leaked national security issues which aided and abetted terrorists and helped UBL evade justice.

But you don't.

Please, come down off you hypocritical high horse. You fool nobody.

LWW

Chopstick
05-21-2008, 01:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eb_in_nc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they should be subjected to a reading of a few of your rants.

LWW </div></div>

LMAO!! </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">That would get waterboarding back on the table! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

I never did get all the whoopla over water boarding. If you had a choice of having water poured up your nose or having your nuts set on fire, which one would you chose?

eb_in_nc
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Deeman3][quote=eb_in_nc][quote=LWW]I
I never did get all the whoopla over water boarding. If you had a choice of having water poured up your nose or having your nuts set on fire, which one would you chose? </div></div>

Depends if you have nuts or not. Let's ask Gayle what her choice would be?

sack316
05-21-2008, 02:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> there would bo no wondering why AMerica has lost its moral high ground.

</div></div>

When since colonization have we ever really had a moral high ground anyway, if you think about it?

Sack

LWW
05-21-2008, 03:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eb_in_nc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think they should be subjected to a reading of a few of your rants.

LWW </div></div>

LMAO!! </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">That would get waterboarding back on the table! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

I never did get all the whoopla over water boarding. If you had a choice of having water poured up your nose or having your nuts set on fire, which one would you chose? </div></div>
I find it appalling that a nation would stoop to pouring water up a terrorist's nose in order to save thousands of it's citizens.

LWW

Bobbyrx
05-21-2008, 04:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you don't care if your President has lied about torturing innocent people. <span style="color: #FF0000">Sure I do. Soon as you have anything showing me that GWB knowingly ordered innocent people tortured let me know </span> I do. I watched the man testify. You didn't. <span style="color: #FF0000">Neither did anyone elso including The House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs who <span style='font-family: Arial Black'>he was supposed to be speaking to. </span> </span> Our FBI was alarmed about what was going on. I've watched dozens of whistleblowers testify about this same subject. <span style="color: #FF6666"> Who have you watched say that GWB said "go out and grab some innocent people and torture them"?</span>
I suppose you can just choose to believe enything, and everything that George Bush and Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and the rest of these proven liars tell you, but as an AMerican, I find it necessary, and a duty, to stay abreast of what my country doesn, and who is behind it. <span style="color: #FF0000">And you know who is behind it how? I have always wondered how you know about all these "secret meetings" with big oil or big corporation etc. because if they occured........ <span style='font-family: Arial Black'> they were a secret!!</span> </span>

You, OTOH, obviously have a philosophy of, "My country, right or wrong" that is up to you, however, that is not an attitude that strengthens our country, or promotes our own freedom. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Nope, I just don't blame my country first especially when I've seen what the people we are fighting will do</span>

Generals, FBI agenst, Pentagon experts, the outcry against such inhumane activities has been wide, and far, including people of all political persuasions, but anything that proves that George Bush has been a POS president, goes automatically against your grain. <span style="color: #FF0000"> How many times do I have to tell you I don't like Bush as a president, but you have shown me nothing to show and no motive behind him targeting innocent people</span> Fine. don't believe anything, unless he tells you it's true. Watching a person speak about what happened to him, live, is about the best opportunity an individual can have to make judgements about whether or not he's telling the truth. <span style="color: #FF0000">Especially when they are selling a book. I'm sure you believed Kitty Kelley </span> That's something you don't want to bother about. hence, you never know what you're talking about, <span style="color: #FF0000">In your ususal humble opinion </span> nor do any of your other right wing geniuses.

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

nAz
05-21-2008, 06:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does make you wonder why the pleadings of the families of those beheaded by the Islamic Terrorists dooes not get near the playtime, wait, any play time from all these concerned on the left? Not one minute of concern over those people's rights but volumes about abuse from our side.

Yes, some of it did happen. Wanna compare the number and severity of the abuses from our side vs. their side over the last 7 years? No, you want to only look at things that make us appear as evil in the eyes of the world.

Nice Double Standard </div></div>

Double standards? Dee I always thought this Country was supposed to be be better then that? BTW is this thread not about an innocent man who was tortured?

LWW
05-22-2008, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does make you wonder why the pleadings of the families of those beheaded by the Islamic Terrorists dooes not get near the playtime, wait, any play time from all these concerned on the left? Not one minute of concern over those people's rights but volumes about abuse from our side.

Nice Double Standard </div></div>
Maybe.

This is about a man who claims to have been tortured and is writing a book about it that he'd like you to buy.

As far as evidence, he doesn't seem to have any.

Now, think this through, if they were going this far why would they ever release him and if they did why would n't they just kill him if he went public?

LWW

Double standards? Dee I always thought this Country was supposed to be be better then that? BTW is this thread not about an innocent man who was tortured?
</div></div>

DickLeonard
05-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Gayle my real problem with this torturing is the low ranking soldiers are serving time while their Brass are walking free. The WhiteHouse doesn't have the balls to set them free. ####

Gayle in MD
05-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Testimony has proven that the orders came from the top. You have to ignore many of the people who post on here, they do not read books, nor do they watch the live testimony. If Rush doesn't say it, they don't know about it. they aren't interested in facts, just bashing people who have them.

WE seem to have a whole new group on here that bashed us for years because we bashed Bush, now their all stating that they don't approve Bush, however, they still bahs those of us who pointed out throughout this administration the damage he was doing, would do, and now has done.

The bottom line is that it is easier for them to jump on here and call people anti-semite, and terrorist lovers, and all the other rhetoric they use to muddy up the water, than it is for them to say, we were wrong about Bush, and now that we see how much he has hurt this country, we know that your statements about what to expect from him were correct.

Little minds prefer to focus on typos, slander, sexist remarks, and spelling, it's easier than acknowledging the FUBAR Republicans have created, and the colossal bad judgement they used when voting twice for George Bush, the president who will be known for giving us $6.00 a gallon gas, and dancing, kissing and hugging the people who are digging our grave.

Bush is an A$$HOLE, anyone who can't see the likeness between Bush and McCain should get their head examined.

There has been testimony after testimony, all of it about how this administration sliced up law books in an effort to cover their asses over what they did to innocent people. IMO, AMericans who don't give a damn whether their country tortures innocent people or not, and lies about it, or not, and ruins other people who were forced to abide their wrong doing, is just as bad as anyone else, anywhere else in the world, who justifies killing and torture out of anger, or rhetoric, or fear.

Wrong is wrong. Inhumane treatment of any human being is wrong, regardless of what they have done, and when one does so, one is just as bad as their prisoner, and supporting inhumane treatment of another human being, lines a person right up beside the radical Islamists, al Qaeda, the Talliban, bin Laden, all who can also justify every inhumane act they commit.

Gayle in Md.