PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy's Cancer

Sid_Vicious
05-22-2008, 05:24 PM
I highly suspect that the haters for the Kennedy dynasty will not listen "and feel" here, but being someone who has had brain cancer within the family, and also very good friends who has gone through the demise with this perilous ending, NOBODY in Kennedy's position today deserves less than total respect. If you've not experienced and seen someone you have known run this gambit, you are lucky. sid

pooltchr
05-23-2008, 04:34 AM
While I have never held TK in high regard, based on his entire history of both driving, drinking, and his ultra liberal policies while in office, I sincerely wish him a speedy recovery. Having watched my first wife succumb to cancer, I have nothing but best wishes for him during this trial. While the doctors don't seem to be very positive, God can and does still perform miracles. We can only pray for one for him.
Steve

eb_in_nc
05-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Families like the Kennedy's & Rockerfellers are pretty much a thing of the past. They are enwrapped in decades of history that will be for our future generations to read about.

Although I also don't share in holding the high regard for TK, I wish him well. His mortality is truly in GOD's hands now.

Deeman3
05-23-2008, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I highly suspect that the haters for the Kennedy dynasty will not listen "and feel" here, but being someone who has had brain cancer within the family, and also very good friends who has gone through the demise with this perilous ending, NOBODY in Kennedy's position today deserves less than total respect. If you've not experienced and seen someone you have known run this gambit, you are lucky. sid </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF9900"> Sid,

As ignorant as most of your post are, this takes the cake. I do not believe any of us have rejoiced at Ted Kennedy's misfortune in regard to his tragic disease as many on the left did over, for instance, Tony Snow's cancer. While many of us have issues with Ted Kennedy, no one deserves to be struck with this horrible situation and I salute his bravery at facing it as he has.

Please understand, some people can separate politics from hate filled dialog. I only wish the best for him and his family as they have both been the recieients of great fortune and tragedy over the last 60 years.

Grow up and think before you post this drivel. </span>

eg8r
05-23-2008, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I highly suspect that the haters for the Kennedy dynasty will not listen "and feel" here, but being someone who has had brain cancer within the family, and also very good friends who has gone through the demise with this perilous ending, NOBODY in Kennedy's position today deserves less than total respect.</div></div> Sid, I know you rarely if ever answer any questions to your posts, but can you tell me why on earth because of Kennedy's position he "deserves" total respect? Do you think Mary Jo's family should feel the same way? I am guessing they are starting to finally, after all these years, feel a little relief.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you've not experienced and seen someone you have known run this gambit, you are lucky. sid
</div></div>I totally agree with this statement.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-23-2008, 10:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As ignorant as most of your post are, this takes the cake. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Grow up and think before you post this drivel. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not believe any of us have rejoiced at Ted Kennedy's misfortune in regard to his tragic disease as many on the left did over, for instance, Tony Snow's cancer. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please understand, some people can separate politics from hate filled dialog. </div></div> <span style="color: #000066">This post is surely no example of that. I'm shocked over it. </span>

<span style="color: #000066">I can't believe you wrote this, and thought Martin was a friend of yours. I don't recall him ever dressing you out like you have done here, to him. I also don't recall anyone form the left, as you put it, rejoicing over Tony Snow's cancer. </span>

<span style="color: #000066">I think Martin makes many good points in his posts, which make a great deal of sense. He has never insulted you here, that I know of.

Gayle in Md. </span>

Deeman3
05-23-2008, 10:28 AM
If you don't recall the boyant joy over Tony Snow's cancer and comments like "where is Lee Harvey Oswald when we need him" in regard to President Bush, you are, again, only recalling what you wish to recall.

If, on the other hand, we had been making such cruel remarks about Ted Kennedy's unfortunate health issues, Martin would have been perfectly right to call us out.

However, posting remarks saying as much when this clearly did not happen was opportunistic and you defense of this type of bashing shows clearly you only care about defending name calling and fasle accusations.

His remarks were offensive and a general slam against people who did nothing to warrant that type of treatment. If we had been as thoughtless in our comments as the left has been, we would have deserved this type of statement. We did not.

If everyone else feels I am wrong, pile on. I stand by my words.

Gayle in MD
05-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Deeman, all due respect, I know Martin, and I know him well enough to think that he was aiming his statement at one or two of the new, rude, offensive nuts we have around here, but not at people like you, as you do make an effort to be fair, and cordial, in many of your posts. He clearly aimed his statements at the Kennedy haters, not at the right.

I certainly have never posted any glee over Tony Snow's misfortune. I admit, I did so about Falwell being gone, and even joked about it. I think he was deserving ofmy wrath, given the statements he made after 9/11, but not about Tony Snow's medical condition, nor do I recall anyone doing so.

Believe me, I'm not trying to "Pile on" you, but Martin speaks highly of you, in spite of your differences about political things.

I must say, given the many vicious attacks launched at Ted Kennedy on here, and his family, which lost so many in their service to our country, I can understand how he may have anticipated more of the same, but feel certain that he was referring to those who have posted hate posts about the Kennedy family.

Gayle in Md.

eb_in_nc
05-23-2008, 11:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deeman, all due respect, I know Martin, and I know him well enough to think that he was aiming his statement at <span style="color: #FF0000">one or two of the new, rude, offensive nuts</span> we have around here, but not at people like you, as you do make an effort to be fair, and cordial, in many of your posts. He clearly aimed his statements at the Kennedy haters, not at the right.

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

Gee, my posting in this thread was kind and considerate even though I did not hold Kennedy in high regards, yet previously you accused me of being rude and offensive? Seems to confuse me because if you're not referring to me as one of these people, then who are you referring to?, Or do you just like to generalize when the situation suits you? You are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black!

Gayle in MD
05-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Well yes, in fact, I do find that you have posted some very nasty, sexist posts, and directed them right at me, however, you were not actually the one I had in mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black! </div></div>

As are you.

Deeman3
05-23-2008, 12:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black! </div></div>

As are you. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FFFF66">You guys are going to have to stop this black on black crime. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

eb_in_nc
05-23-2008, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

As are you. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FFFF66">You guys are going to have to stop this black on black crime. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

Maybe we should all kiss and makeup Deeman

Chopstick
05-23-2008, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

As are you. </div></div>

You guys are going to have to stop this black on black crime. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

LOL

Did somebody say "pot"? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Ya know Sydney, I was once diagnosed as having a brain tumor. After months of testing the end result went as follows:

"Sir we owe you an apology for what we have put you through. It turns out that you just have an asymmetrical brain."

"A what?"

"You see your brain is not shaped like other peoples but it's normal for you."

"Took you 28 MRIs to figure that out? Most people realize that when they shake my hand!"

True story. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Having walked a short way in Ted's shoes, I think the best thing is just to leave him alone. He's got a lot to make peace with before he goes, as we all do.

Deeman3
05-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Chopstick,

You remain....my Hero. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I especially like your duel brain love/hate relationship with women. I pattern all my male sexist tendencies after you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Chop, on his headstone..."He neven met a young, attractive female sex pot he didn't like/love/thow out later...."

Humanitarian Hero to the Married Among Us

Sid_Vicious
05-23-2008, 06:12 PM
It is simply an experience of loved ones going to the death bed with such a pitful way, an ugly and graphic, and very life impacting experience. If even Bush was the victim, I'd be painfully sorrowful for him...and I mean that as sincerely as I sit here. sid

Gayle in MD
05-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Dear Martin,
Knowing you, I know those are your true feelings, as they are mine.

I have been very touched by the stories I have heard from people of all political, ethnic, gender, and religious persuasions about the caring and thoughtfulness of Ted Kennedy. Regardless of a person's burden, he seems to have been the kind of man who readily reached out to do what he could do to lesson the burdens of others.

I hope he survives, with all his faculties, but his prognosis does not look good at this time.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
05-27-2008, 11:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't recall the boyant joy over Tony Snow's cancer and comments like "where is Lee Harvey Oswald when we need him" in regard to President Bush, you are, again, only recalling what you wish to recall. </div></div>The search is not working for me right now so I cannot find examples, but you are correct Gayle is forgetting even many of her own shameful posts.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Deeman,
I think you are wrong. I never liked Tony Snow, but I surely never wrote anything to suggest that I was happy that the man had cancer!

As for the "Where is Lee Harvy Oswald When We Need Him" tee shirt, which 9-ball girl wrote about, years ago, I thought most everyone here took that as a joke, which it was.

I still think Martin's remark was about Kennedy haters, according to his own words, was not directed to anyone other tha Kennedy Haters, and while you were not the culprit who has written here all the horribly nasty lies about Ted kennedy, there is one poster who has. I'm sure Martin was thinking of that poster when he wrote about Kennedy haters.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
05-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Gayle,

Martin and I have settled this privately. However, I think a memorial comment about Ted Kennedy was appropriate but having had no one on here make a rude statement about Mr. Kennedy's tragic ilness in the couple of days following the news, I did not think it appropriate to begin a tribute to him with words calling out anyone. I, and others, can dislike Kennedy and still be respectful and even sorry for his health problems.

People could say a rude and offensive comment about Mr. Kennedy would have been a "joke" as well. It would still not have made the comment right.

We all, on occasion, let the issues we discuss become a little too personal, I do myself. I just wish for some civility in discussion, not hatefulness. We will never change other's opinions especially when we all see the world in such completely different terms. We can be, I feel, more civil in general even if we "know" the other person is wrong.

I still consider Martin a friend. Friendships usually survive these things and are not worth very much if they don't.

Gayle in MD
05-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Thank you very much for the up-date, and I am glad to learn that the two of you have worked it out.

Gayle in Md.