PDA

View Full Version : Releasing records

sack316
05-26-2008, 12:22 AM
SO McCain released his medical records, and from the sounds of it all good news (not a partisan comment there, happy anytime to hear a fellow human being is in good health... especially someone who has had previous medical problems they have fought through). That's done.

Then something hit me, for all the talk of the right's hypocrisy via demanding financial records etc. as Cindy's remained private... it is eerily silent on the fact that neither Clinton nor Obama have released their medical records as demands came down on McCain to release his. Now, I of course realize his age is a big issue... but Clinton is no spring chicken and Obama is (now says he has quit) a smoker.

Forgive me if it seems I am reaching again... but it seems to me that perhaps BOTH sides would be equally hypocritical, no?

Sack

LWW
05-26-2008, 06:26 AM
Not quite yet.

Billy Jeff has yet to release his from 1992 or 1996.

He also was the first POTUS to hide assets in the spouse's name.

Of course the far left has given him a complete pass on both counts.

Only when THE PEOPLE stop being partisans and holding both sides accountable will this ever change ... and under Billy Jeff the left gave a pass to MANY things which set a very dangerous precedent for our future.

As an example, IF a secret service agent witnessed Bush commit every crime the left has accused him of he wouldn't be allowed to testify because of the Clintonista and the precedent they went to court to set.

LWW

Gayle in MD
05-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Sack,
McCain's age is a big issue IMO. Seventy one is too old, period. We already know that REagan was already suffering from a lack of mental sharpness during his term, as many doctors have studied tapes of him while in office, and they say that the horrible disease which he died of, was already affecting him, during his term.

McCain has already demonstrated a lack of sharpness in some of his statements, and that is cause for concern, however, IMO, his positions are cause for far greater concerns, and his statements about Iraq, many of which represent the same Bush denials, are totally out of touch with reality.

Regardless, I'm sure many from the right will vote for him nevertheless, in spite of his constant flip flops, and his subscribing to policies which have severely hurt our country, purely for partisan purposes. That is the sad part. Fortunately, many more understand the damage we are presently dealing with after these last years of Republican policies, and I believe that most will do what is best for our country, and vote against more of the same failed policies, ultimately, saving many young lives which have been wasted on wrong headed policies which have hurt our country.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
05-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Clearly someone who is 70 does not have the metal abilities to run this country. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
05-27-2008, 07:39 AM
I think that given that he would be seventy-five at the end of his first term, is certainly not a plus. Hell, I've been accused of being senile on here, and I'm only sixty-three! Funny, I don't hear those same righties accusing McCain of senility, and I know what happened to the Soviet Union! A even who the Supreme Leader is in Iraq~! And EVEN understand the difference between Sunni and Shiite! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

If a Democratic candidate had gotten such central important facts wrong, we'd still be watching the re-runs!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
05-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I would not accuse McCain of being senile without some evidence of that. I don't think the disagreements over who is the elected vs. actual leaders of Iran is that type of evidence. If, on the other hand, McCain is shown to be having mental problems, that should be weighed by the electorate.

If a Democratic candidtae had gotten facts wrong? What do you think they did to Hillary? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BY the way, I agree her remark on Robert Kennedy was harmless and not an issue. Even RFJ jr. was not offended but I think Obama was "acting Offended" as were the left to try to wrap this thing (Primary) up quicker.

Gayle in MD
05-27-2008, 08:09 AM
I agree, and also think it is unfair. Believe me, if Romney were as close to McCain's numbers, as Hilary is to Obama's, he would still be in the race, and no one would be calling for him to get out.

Romney was the choice of Republicans inside the Beltway. Most of them can't stand McCain, and particularly Republican representatives on the Hill. Leiberman is not well liked, either. Most of the insiders in the Republican party were shocked, and disappointed, when McCain won the nomination, or so I hear.

This will be a very interesting race, don't you think?

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
05-27-2008, 09:02 AM
So after all that typing you ignore the question. Status quo.

eg8r

DickLeonard
05-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Deeman George W has a Quality force to turn over to him, so if he were to win it would be piece of cake on day 1.

Just kiding I am just 70 and I can't remember where I left my glasses. I am always leaving the house without my false teeth.
what about my 2 hour nap of course I have learned how to sleep with my eyes open. My family think I am having seizures but their interrupting my nap to ask me stupid questions.####

Deeman3
05-27-2008, 09:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deeman George W has a Quality force to turn over to him, so if he were to win it would be piece of cake on day 1.

Just kiding I am just 70 and I can't remember where I left my glasses. I am always leaving the house without my false teeth.
what about my 2 hour nap of course I have learned how to sleep with my eyes open. My family think I am having seizures but their interrupting my nap to ask me stupid questions.####

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Dick,
I think you do pretty well for 70 years old. LOL, I think we all forget things these days but if you happen to be over 60, you may ask yourself, "Is this a senior moment?"

Next time they see you alseep with your eyes open and wske you up, jump at them like a banshee. That'll break 'em of the habit!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

sack316
05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm only 28... some days I have trouble remembering which job I have to go work at... among many other "oopsies" during my day. I'm pretty senile myself /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif In all actuality, if I can be in the same health and as active as McCain is when I'm 71, I'll be pretty satisfied. But then again I'm one of those who, when made fun of by younger friends for approaching 30, simply tells them who knows if I'd even make it that far /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif I do agree his age and condition CAN be an issue, but even his "oopsies" seem to be overblown--- as would be expected in a political race--- but do NOT show any signs of an inability to do the job. Saying someone shouldn't be president due to older age would be the same discrimination we fight against every day, and no different that saying elderly shouldn't drive based on a number. In the end, I say it should come down to the individual themselves and not a number attatched to them. 71 for one person can be severly different than 71 is for another. besides, isn't 71 the new 51 or something? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Regardless, I'm sure many from the right will vote for him nevertheless, in spite of his constant flip flops, and his subscribing to policies which have severely hurt our country, purely for partisan purposes. That is the sad part.
</div></div>

I beg to differ on that. There are many such as myself who will vote for him... but not for partisan purposes, it will be simply because they are NOT voting for the other option that will be available. Were it to be McCain vs. Edwards come November, I quite likely would be voting against my party this go around. As forward thinking and admirable as the two options the left has out there right now, most liberals fail to see that they really pushed away a huge number of voters via the two current options. Even with the shift there already is going on in this country, the democrats are wasting a valuable opportunity for clear cut domination for years to come. Now, even IF Obama (or maybe Hillary) wins the white house, either of them will have to do an exceptional job and live up to a higher standard in office to maintain it... whereas an Edwards or someone like that could win easier in the first place, and only really need to be a very "average" president to keep the party lines shifting for future party lotalty from the "tweeners" right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So after all that typing you ignore the question.

eg8r </div></div>

yeah, I noticed that too.

Sack