PDA

View Full Version : Happy today...

sack316
05-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Hope everyone that gets it enjoys their extra day off during the 3 day weekend. Have fun at the BBQ's, parties, beach, etc...

I just hope we remember what today is for (and no, it's not because you work so hard and deserve a day off). Please take the time to think of and pray for all our troops currently serving, and to remember those who have not made it this far. I know it's a negative time, and the tone right now is "f*** Bush, f*** gas prices, f*** the war... etc.", but at some point somewhere sometime, someone connected to you died so you COULD have the freedom to say those things... and right now there are millions of US willing to lay down their lives as well to preserve that for you.

So at least for today, let's just say "f*** party lines, f*** partisanship" and take the time to say thanks to those who deserve it most, and to remember the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice for you and me.

Sack

nAz
05-26-2008, 08:30 AM
ya have a great memorial day everyone... im off with my kids to check out a couple of the frigates and destroyers docked near by me, fleet week is so cool. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
05-27-2008, 09:48 AM
While I think your sentiments are nice, Sack, I don't think we should forget the inhumane circumstances of this administration which are presently killing and injuring our young American troops, and which they are being forced to endure.

This week-end yet another Iraq Veteran has committed suicide after begging for help with PTSD, and being sent back, just the same. The suicide numbers are going through the roof, in Bush's War, due to the continuing re-deployments of American Troops, who are not fit for combat.

I hope that Memorial Day will trigger some acknowledgment by Americans that this administration is forcing ill American Troops, back into combat, with mental injuries, and take the time to read about what they are going through in what is a political tactic to avoid bringing a failed polity to an end before the election.

That George Bush would have the nerve to speak about the sacrifice of American heroes, on Memorial Day, after his lies and incompetence which have cost the lives and limbs of so many of our brave young people, is beyond comprehension. If he said anything, it should have been "I'm sorry, and I hope the American heroes of this war, can find it in their hearts to forgive me for what I've done to them."

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
05-27-2008, 11:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I think your sentiments are nice, Sack, I don't think we should forget the inhumane circumstances of this administration which are presently killing and injuring our young American troops are being forced to endure.</div></div> So basically what Gayle is saying is that is a great idea but she is incapable of putting her partisanship behind her for one moment.

eg8r