More rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe

it's time for the government

To take down the bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not,

Continue cleaning up the poop!

Deeman3
05-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Soldier on, good buddy. Help is only an election away. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

DickLeonard
05-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Wolfdancer are you sure your not LWW in disguise?####

eb_in_nc
05-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Nice analogy but people are not birds pooping on your deck, so it's hard to see the inference you are trying to make about the illegal aliens in the US.

You're right to some extent in that we have compromised ourselves in education and other services where English should be the accepted norm, but we just cannot take down the proverbial "bird feeder" as the dynamics would spin this country out of control.

Think about it, who would do the work for the same pay as is now being provided by the illegals? If you think things are expensive now, you have no idea about how high they would be without them. I run a local business in North Carolina and my biggest problem is finding good people who have the right work ethic. I hate to say this but I have more issues with the locals then I do with the Hispanics.

Gayle in MD
05-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Good one, Reagan sure opened up the flood gates with his amnesty policies, and Bush has completely ignored the safety of this country in every improtant way, from failing to protect our borders, by removing helf the border patrols, failing to deal with the Mexican government, failing to protect our ports, and allowing the illegal population to grow out of control throughout his tenure.

It all started with Reagan's Amnesty Policy, which was a big green light to all who began to lay further plans to occupy America, illegally. The numbers prove that. Democrats, must now figure out some humane way to deal with the problem the Republicans created, in order to supply an illegal slave population for the corporate fascist pigs.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
05-28-2008, 10:47 AM
it's not my writings......
it was just one of those "Maxine" emails that I copied....AND
I believe it is a metaphor, and not to be taken literally.
Kind of a dichotomy that you brought up...businesses, individuals, like the cheap labor, and getting the jobs done that no one else will do (for that money)....but object to the "free" services; health care, food stamps,etc....that they need to exist on substandard wages.

wolfdancer
05-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Dick, we've gotten along nicely all these years.....and now you have delivered the greatest insult ever.....you really know how to hurt a guy

eg8r
05-28-2008, 11:06 AM
I knew the die hard lefties would not like the analogy because it fits perfectly.

eg8r

eb_in_nc
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's not my writings......
it was just one of those "Maxine" emails that I copied....AND
I believe it is a metaphor, and not to be taken literally.
Kind of a dichotomy that you brought up...businesses, individuals, like the cheap labor, and getting the jobs done that no one else will do (for that money)....but object to the "free" services; health care, food stamps,etc....that they need to exist on substandard wages. </div></div>

Didn't take it literally, but the message of it was clear, literal or figurative.

Yes it is a dichotomy as such. Many things in life are. You mention cheap labor but I refer to minimum wage which is a legal wage. Most locals I know won't do any sort of work for minimum wage, not true for others of different ethnic backgrounds. So the question remains, with the current legal minimum wage, who would do the work that needs to be done in this country?

wolfdancer
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
What fits your description of a die hard lefty? Someone who objects to Bush, is concerned about the failing economy, and the environment, objects to the giveaway $$ to "insiders", and contributers, questions the war, and cares about the unnecessary loss of young American lives.....??????????????????
I'd place the illegal immigrant problem in the same contest with lww's "sheeple" post, (but EB has pointed out how much the right loves the cheap labor....which is the real root cause)
You can't lay the entire blame on one party though.....besides this ***** war is costing so much, it makes all the entitlement programs pale in comparison. But you don't object to the costs of killing people...just the costs of feeding them......
You're the most unChristian, Christian...that I've ever had the displeasure of "knowing"...
AND.....
and with your your superior attitude, and condemnation of anybody that disagrees with your political bent... I had to delete the rest of this....my X-rated opinion of you ....the biggest bigot on the board

Bigot definition, and my description of you:

a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group,) [political or economic] with hatred and intolerance.

eb_in_nc
05-28-2008, 12:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(but EB has pointed out how much the right loves the cheap labor....which is the real root cause)
</div></div>

Wolfie (can I call you Wolfie?), this talk is so too old. If it were not for labor unions, we would not even be having this conversation. Look at US automotive industry as a classic example. They are all suffering big losses and they cannot afford to continue to pay the high average hourly wages, forget about the pension plans that have been in effect for decades. How do you suppose they can ever find their way back to profitability when we protect the auto worker to the extent that the business itself has no choice but to die? You talk about dichotomies?

Yet Japan's auto industry prospers because they have good cost controls in place. Ironically enough, the Japanese industry benefited from Dr. Deming in the 70's through his teachings of statistics and process control whereas he could not get the same recognition from the US manufacturers.

Again, I ask you the question, who will do YOUR dirty work for you at minimum wage?

LWW
05-28-2008, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eb_in_nc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(but EB has pointed out how much the right loves the cheap labor....which is the real root cause)
</div></div>

Wolfie (can I call you Wolfie?), this talk is so too old. If it were not for labor unions, we would not even be having this conversation. Look at US automotive industry as a classic example. They are all suffering big losses and they cannot afford to continue to pay the high average hourly wages, forget about the pension plans that have been in effect for decades. How do you suppose they can ever find their way back to profitability when we protect the auto worker to the extent that the business itself has no choice but to die? You talk about dichotomies?

Yet Japan's auto industry prospers because they have good cost controls in place. Ironically enough, the Japanese industry benefited from Dr. Deming in the 70's through his teachings of statistics and process control whereas he could not get the same recognition from the US manufacturers.

Again, I ask you the question, who will do YOUR dirty work for you at minimum wage? </div></div>
The dirty little secret the unions don't want out is that Japanese pay more in wages and benefits in the US than the UAW plants.

The difference is made up by the fact that they produce each car with 40% fewer labor hours ... IOW the people actually work.

Here in Dayton the IUE and UAW had GM and Delphi so hamstrung that there were THOUSANDS of employees who couldn't be laid off and they had no work for them. The plants HAD to pay them to quite literally sit in the cafeteria and play cards at the rate of $25+ per hour plus benefits.

The unions refused to budge an inch. Now Delphi has been spun off from GM and Delphi America is in chapter 11. They had 30,000 jibs here 10 years ago. They could have maintained 22,000. They refused. Now there are 3000 at the Moraine assembly plant and it has no future product assigned to it after the Envoy.

SHREWD!

LWW

eg8r
05-28-2008, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What fits your description of a die hard lefty? </div></div>Dick Leonard. Even though the analogy was a perfect example he still did not want to hear it. I would not consider Gayle a die hard lefty because she is no more than a sheep being told what to believe. She has no thought for herself just what her books tell her (ignoring the fact that those books are sold for profit not legitimacy). Dick on the other hand sticks with what he beleives in even if that involves free hand outs to illegal aliens.

eg8r