PDA

View Full Version : El Dubb's Best Dmaned DIY TV Snack!

LWW
05-28-2008, 08:46 AM
tems needed:

1- Blender or food processor.

1 - Good kitchen knife.

3 - Bowls.

1 - 16 oz Can of beans. I prefer pinto for this, but black beans work out OK as well. Really a matter of taste. I do prefer organically grown

1 - 6 oz can of tomato paste.

1 Jar of salsa. I prefer La Victoria Suprema, but any will do.

1 - Jar of minced garlic.

1 - Jar of minced onions.

1 - Jar of Salsa Con Queso. I prefer Mrs Renfro's, but again it's a matter of availability and taste.

1 - Bag of tortilla chips. I prefer the lowest salt variation available, El Milagro being my favorite.

1 - Bottle of extra virgin olive oil.

1 - Bottle of vinegar.

1 - Jar of hot sauce, again per your own liking. I prefer Hurtin Habanero but regular Tabasco or others will suffice.

Several peppers to your own taste. I like banana peppers and green peppers organcally grown, but again it's personal preference.

I have made ingredient selections to my own taste and also health concerns. Junk food isn't good for any of us, but I have came to the conclusion that it can be done far less expensively and more healthily with only a few minutes of time exerted.

LWW

LWW
05-28-2008, 08:47 AM
<u>STEP #1</u>
Drain liquid from beans. No need to wash them, just drain all but maybe a spoon or two of the liquid. Place beans into food processor or blender. Hit pulse 2 or 3 times. Just enough to mix them up a bit.

<u>STEP #2</u>
Add tomato paste to the beans and hit pulse 2 or 3 times again.

<u>STEP #3</u>
Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Low for maybe 5 seconds on the FP. Taste. Add more olive oil if needed. Hint - more than 1 teaspoon and it's probably ruined.

<u>STEP #4</u>
Add 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar. Low for a few seconds and taste again as with the olive oil. Moe than a teaspoon and agin, it's probably going to taste like shiite.

<u>STEP #5</u>
Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon of minced onion and hit low for a few seconds. Taste and add if needed. I like about 1 teaspoon but you may prefer more ... or less.

<u>STEP #6</u>
Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic and hit low for a few seconds. Taste and add if needed. I like about 1 teaspoon but you may prefer more ... or less.

Your base is now complete.

LWW

LWW
Turning up the heat!

<u>STEP #7</u>
Chop peppers finely and add to the base. Pulse a couple of times and taste. Add as needed.

<u>STEP #8</u>
Add hot sauce sparingly. Pulse and taste. It is very easy to ruin it at this stage.

<u>STEP #9</u>
Set any unused but already chopped peppers to the side.

LWW

LWW
Finishing up.

<u>STEP #10</u>
Spin finished product in the FP until it reaches the consistency you prefer. Put some bean dip in a bowl for consumption. Refrigerate the rest. It has a shelf life of near eternity if sealed and put away properly, but it probably won't last near that long, at least not at our house.

<u>STEP 11</u>
Place Cheese Con Queso in a second bowl and mix in any unused sliced peppers.

<u>STEP #12</u>
Place chips in the third and largest bowl, or eat directly from the bag.

<u>STEP #13</u>
Select cold beverage of choice.

<u>STEP #14</u>
Locate TV remote and select sporting event or movie of choice. I prefer baseball and anything with the Marx Brothers, but your tastes may vary.

<u>STEP 15</u>
Enjoy a job well done..

May your team win and you laugh till your ribs hurt.

LWW

Deeman3
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Sounds good except for the carnovore in me wants to know where the 4 lbs. of animal proteen is??????

LWW
05-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Finely chopped ground beef mixed in works well also, but obviously the fridge life is shortened.

LWW