PDA

View Full Version : Summing up Scott McClellan

eb_in_nc
05-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Scott,

There are miserable creatures like you in every administration who don't have the guts to speak up or quit if there are disagreements with the boss or colleagues. No, your type soaks up the benefits of power, revels in the limelight for years, then quits, and spurred on by greed, cashes in with a scathing critique.

In my nearly 36 years of public service I've known of a few like you. No doubt you will "clean up" as the liberal anti-Bush press will promote your belated concerns with wild enthusiasm. When the money starts rolling in you should donate it to a worthy cause, something like, "Biting The Hand That Fed Me." Another thought is to weasel your way back into the White House if a Democrat is elected. That would provide a good set up for a second book deal in a few years.
I have no intention of reading your "exposť" because if all these awful things were happening, and perhaps some may have been, you should have spoken up publicly like a man, or quit your cushy, high profile job. That would have taken integrity and courage but then you would have had credibility and your complaints could have been aired objectively. You're a hot ticket now but don't you, deep down, feel like a total ingrate?

BOB DOLE

<span style="color: #FF0000">I think Bob Dole's email to Scott McClellan sums it up quite eloquently.</span>

nAz
05-30-2008, 01:06 PM
speaking out then vs. now is my big problem with this guy too... (kinda like all those generals did during the lead up to the war)
right not the bUSH machine is hard at work trying to make this guy look like some ahole... and maybe they are right.
they need to deflect any attention a way from the real question, the one that everybody should be asking especially in reference to the propaganda campaign for the real motives behind the War is true? and if it is does this change your opinion on the people in power who orchestrated it? (I doubt this some people can never fess up to voting twice for bush)

wolfdancer
05-30-2008, 03:36 PM
think what you will of the guy, and his "timing"...nobody likes the whistle blower.....but the more important issue is....
is his story true? ...or is he "a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"?
My guess, since GW took the preventative measure of giving himself a free pass for any crimes committed during his Presidency....is "it's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

Sid_Vicious
05-30-2008, 10:07 PM
""a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"

Nice touch Wolf, Kristopherson was a word/lyrics man for sure...sid

Qtec
05-31-2008, 09:19 AM
McClellan might be a wimp but there is no disputing the fact that Rove and Libby both lied to him. In doing so they were deliberately lying to the American people through the voice of the President, so why aren't they in jail?
Scott was forced to quit because he had no credibility anymore. Just like Bush.
Q

Sid_Vicious
05-31-2008, 10:19 AM
"they were deliberately lying to the American people through the voice of the President"

Exactly...sid

wolfdancer
05-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Sid, besides the song writing, an amazing list of accomplishments as well.
I wouldn't try to knock Bob Dole, but reading his "scathing indictment"....he never calls Scott a liar, just an ungrateful opportunist.
This goes far beyond Watergate and "Deep Throat" though.....
AND, a Republican complaining about somebody trying to make a buck?

Sid_Vicious
05-31-2008, 08:43 PM
I really hope that justice is eventually served with the ugliness of these admin jokers in office today. It's best for the dirty laundry to mome out IMO, to begin healing our worldwide reputation, AND in the end, to correct itself within. Frankly, I don't fault ANY young developing American coming into the voting system for saying "F-it, my decision really does not count anyway!" This news today that the Florida and Michigan delegages will be halved, at a point in time that Obama isn't even on the Michigan ticket, expands my reasoning. I don't say that due to especially liking Hillary mind you, but would a pool($$$) game, with one player down in a set, be properly treated by splitting the finish by such BS? Yea it happens, but the media and organized government branches are out in the open with this one....sid

Deeman3
06-02-2008, 07:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really hope that justice is eventually served with the ugliness of these admin jokers in office today. It's best for the dirty laundry to mome out IMO, to begin healing our worldwide reputation, AND in the end, to correct itself within. Frankly, I don't fault ANY young developing American coming into the voting system for saying "F-it, my decision really does not count anyway!" This news today that the Florida and Michigan delegages will be halved, at a point in time that Obama isn't even on the Michigan ticket, expands my reasoning. I don't say that due to especially liking Hillary mind you, but would a pool($$$) game, with one player down in a set, be properly treated by splitting the finish by such BS? Yea it happens, but the media and organized government branches are out in the open with this one....sid </div></div>

<span style="color: #FFCC66">Sid,

What would have been fair in the Florida and Michigan Primaries? </span>

eg8r
06-02-2008, 07:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McClellan might be a wimp but there is no disputing the fact that Rove and Libby both lied to him. In doing so they were deliberately lying to the American people through the voice of the President, so why aren't they in jail? </div></div> My guess is because the real truth is probably not as clear cut and dried as you make it out to be.

eg8r

eg8r
06-02-2008, 07:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but the more important issue is....
is his story true? ...or is he "a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"?
</div></div>My guess is the latter.

eg8r

eg8r
06-02-2008, 07:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't try to knock Bob Dole, but reading his "scathing indictment"....he never calls Scott a liar, just an ungrateful opportunist. </div></div> I wonder if anyone has really proved this was from Dole and not just another internet/email hoax?

eg8r

Qtec
06-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Deeman, I find that yellow text difficult to read.

Q

Deeman3
06-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Q, I said, "Sid, What would have been fair in the Michigan and Florida Primaries?"

Qtec
06-03-2008, 07:27 AM
They lied! That much is clear cut.

What happened was that W came out and contradicted the picture that the Govt was painting. It was a very brave thing to do. He suffered a co-ordinated propaganda campaign by the Govt to discredit him and his wife had her career destroyed.

GW said that Iraq had RECENTLY tried to aquire Uranium from Niger but the fact was that even if it was true it would have been in 1996, hardly recent.
Condi said the Alu tubes could ONLY be used for enrichment when the EXPERTS dis agreed- it was in the NIA, the part GW didnt release!
Condi lied.

What happened is clear. The US Govt manipulated the US pop into supporting a war based on false information.

Q

Qtec
06-03-2008, 07:32 AM
As I understand it they already had agreed on what would happen in this instance. Now that Hillary is behind she wants to go back on the deal.
Thats why I don't trust her, she will do anything to get elected. I do believe Obama still has a heart.

Q

Deeman3
06-03-2008, 07:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I understand it they already had agreed on what would happen in this instance. Now that Hillary is behind she wants to go back on the deal.
Thats why I don't trust her, she will do anything to get elected. I do believe Obama still has a heart.

Q </div></div>

Q, I think you have it exactly, they voted for the rules until the rules did not benefit them. If there was no penalty, they would have a real mess next election. Of course, no one trusts her. That's the Clinton legagy and you have seen it in this campaign many, many times. "It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to."

I hope you are right about Obama. There is very little history for us to see and, in a way, we'll be trying him out as we go. If he will go in and not blame everything that happens for the next 4 years on Bush, I will support him. I know that the Clintons would do exactly that, blame GWB for for all things, including Bill's indiscretions.

eg8r
06-03-2008, 08:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They lied! That much is clear cut.

What happened was that... </div></div>Q, at this point it should be very clear to you that I am not interested in your opinion.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Dee,
It would appear that Obama is already trying to buy votes with legislation. The man is now backing a bill (yes, he is actually trying to do something in congress!!) to allow everyone to assist, via taxes, those unfortunate people who are struggling to buy home insurance for those million dollar homes all along the Florida coast. Of course, Florida votes might carry more weight in the general election than they will at the Dem convention.
I'm still trying to figure out why a family who owns a $100k home in Wisconson needs to subsidize someone like the Kennedy or Trump families who happen to have homes in an area that might get hit by a hurricane. I guess government is the answer to everything! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
Steve

Qtec
06-04-2008, 04:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They lied! That much is clear cut.

What happened was that... </div></div>Q, at this point it should be very clear to you that I am not interested in your opinion.

eg8r </div></div>

Its not my opinion , these are facts.

Fact.
Rove and Libby lied to McClellan and in doing so misled the American public.

Condi.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On September 20, 2002, The United Press International reported that the there were:

... doubts about the quality of some of the evidence that the United States is using to make its case that Iraq is trying to build a nuclear bomb emerged Thursday. While National Security Adviser Condi Rice stated on September 8 that imported aluminum tubes 'are only really suited for nuclear weapons programs, centrifuge programs' a growing number of experts say that the administration has not presented convincing evidence that the tubes were intended for use in uranium enrichment rather than for artillery rocket tubes or other uses. Former U.N. weapons inspector David Albright said he found significant disagreement among scientists within the Department of Energy and other agencies about the certainty of the evidence.

In September 2006, Representative Heather Wilson, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, disclosed that she had learned, in 2002, that the Department of Energy disputed whether those tubes could be used in the centrifuges needed to enrich uranium for bomb fuel. Wilson said that she had questioned CIA officials about the aluminum tubes at classified briefings for members of Congress, prior to the October 11, 2002 vote in Congress to authorize force against Iraq. Wilson told The Albuquerque Tribune that she did not publicly disclose the Energy Department's doubts about the aluminum tubes before Congress voted because the information was classified </div></div>

Condi's assertion is totally in conflict with the facts. There was <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">significant disagreement among scientists within the Department of Energy and other agencies about the certainty of the evidence. </div></div>
Bush and Co basically picked out the parts of the classified NIE that they liked, secretly de-classified those parts and leaked it to the media- using Judith Miller among others- to present a false picture of the evidence.

Cheney had 'no doubt'.
Condi said 'only'.
Rummy said 'they are East, West'etc.
GW mentioned the 'mushroom cloud'.

Not one single statement above has turned out to be true while, at the time, they were so sure.
Either the whole US intel service [ with their billion$ budget] got it wrong or the Govt used shady info to make a case for war- these are the only two possibilities.

Q

Curveball, one of the main sources for the Govt's case for war [ the mobile Chem Labs] was a taxi driver. A man they never even interviewed![ thats a fact]

eg8r
06-04-2008, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not my opinion , these are facts.</div></div>Yes, once again Q and his "facts".

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Every single point you have made has been thoroughly documented. I do give AMericans some credit, for the most part. There are only 23% who approve of Bush, and some polls say even fewer.

According to my calculations over the years, regarding the nutty 28%, that would indicate that even some of the smelly, stinky sheep, have come to their senses! However, a few of the stinkiest deniers of facts, post on this website! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
06-05-2008, 08:32 AM
All hail the queen sheep.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I thought it was the right that blamed Clinton's BJ for all of Bush's disasters?

How can the next Democratic president, and it will be a Democratic White House, deal with all the messes Bush is leaving behind without ever referring to the messes Bush is leaving behind?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

nAz
06-08-2008, 11:15 AM
come on Gayle don't you know by now that the modern Republican does not believe in owing up to responsibility... unless your on welfare that is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

seriously though what happen to being responsible? I mean this about both sides, but mostly and rightfully about the party that has been in charge for the last 7 years?

Qtec
06-08-2008, 08:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not my opinion , these are facts.</div></div>Yes, once again Q and his "facts".

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle.....' Every single point you have made has been thoroughly documented.' </div></div>

By all means, if you contest my facts or if you see any inaccuracies in my post, please point them out and we can discuss them.
Like G confirmed- and she is obviouisly much more well read on these subjects than you are- these are all well documented FACTS. Your cheap pointless, useless, idiotic one liners are not contributing to the discussion.
All you have [ and obviously its all you need ] is your own warped, narrow-mined opinion. You are not interested in the real truth because you dismiss the facts when it suits you.

Do you know what it means when someone says they have "no doubt"?

What would be your understanding if someone says to you "I KNOW where they are".

Q.

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 07:28 AM
It should be about the party that has been in charge, shouldn't it?

Republicans never take responsibility for any of the huge messes they aalways make. Reagan, for example, with his BS Amnesty policy, which they also refuse to acknowledge.

There have been more huge corporate profits made off this war than we can even count, while our troops are still being killed in an illogical, failed policy, which has achieved nothing but devastation for Americans.

John McCain is the son of an Admiral, who was the son of an Admiral. He's a hawk, and he's in bed with the worst of the worst of Washington lobbyists. He's a hot head, with a decades old reputation for stabbing people in the back. There is no doubt that he would be Bush on Crack! He is the abs9olute worst thing that could happen to this country at this time.

Bush's policies have strengthened every radical group in the greater Middle East, and weakened American clout, hurt our economy, and destroyed our reputation. Now, the neocons are surrying around trying to figure out how they are going to cover up for all the disasterous results that they have created.

I've had enough of the Republican BS to last me a lifetime!

The only thing bush has accomplished is to put this country, and others, closer to annihilation, and assist our enemies, while burrying us all in colassal debt, and destablizing the oil industry.

Republicans have a lot of nerve yapping about taxes! They are the ones who have had the most control over our spending over the last forty years! They are the ones who grow the government, and the national debt, by leaps and bounds, everytime they get the power. Democratics are the one who always have to clean up the messes that the Republican Party, and Republican President's make for the rest of us.

They reveal themselves as the cheapest kind of con artists one can imagine when they yap about higher taxes, given they are actually saying that they would prefer that their own kids, and grand kids, pay for all the massive debts Bush ran up, and their own poor judgement in voting for the worst president in history.

It will still be decades before the real truth comes out about Reagan's and Bush SR.'s contributions to this disasterous moment in history. Georgei boy deep sixed all that stuff as soon as he crashed into the White House, compliments of Katherine Harris, and Da Da's friends on the supreme court.

Scott McClellan is telling us the truth, just like Richard Clarke and many other National Seucrity experts have written about.

Bush is a liar, and worse, he's a big Bull****er, who believes his own lies. An egomaniac with an inflated view of himself. Cheney is even worse, and Rice, can't tell the truth about anything.

I'll be thrilled when they're all gone, and all I can say is if McCain and the Republicans somehow figure out another way to throw the next election, I think there will be riots in the streets.

Anyone who thinks this mess with the oil has nothing to do with Bush and Cheney, a the corporate hedge funders, and the destablization Bush has created in the Middele East, is a fool!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
So Gayle, you are not going to support McCain, I take it.

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 08:49 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Not a chance.