PDA

View Full Version : L Shaped table

Rail Rat
06-02-2008, 01:50 PM
This is a table at a local pub here in Vancouver. I don't know if its a regular make or it was made special for this bar. Its a wierd to play on and leads to a lot more banking and kicks.

I wonder if anyone has seen this anywhere else?

bob_the_borg
06-02-2008, 02:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rail Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">file:///Users/user/Desktop/L%20Table.jpg </div></div>

You linked a file from your desktop. You fail at the internet.

Is this what you wanted to show us?

http://www.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/070605_clay.jpg

Rail Rat
06-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Thats close. Only this one is bigger.

My pix is showing up on my post here. I'll try and post it thru photobucket.

bob_the_borg
06-02-2008, 02:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rail Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats close. Only this one is bigger.

My pix is showing up on my post here. I'll try and post it thru photobucket. </div></div>

Hehe, you're funny.

The reason it's showing up in YOUR post is because it's on YOUR local drive.

Go with the photobucket thingee or just share your hard drive with the world and leave your computer online forever.

Rail Rat
06-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Bite me! A hundred pool players on this forum and i get the only juvenile moron!!!

Bug off...

bob_the_borg
06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Ha! you have no idea the depth of my moron-ness.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/TheWalkingDude/1201723208504.jpg

DickLeonard
06-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Gentlemen,Gentlemen your not over on AZ Billiards.Please behave like Gentlemen.####

sack316
06-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I wanna play the smartass game too! Ok, here goes:

"Well wouldn't a regular pool table still just be a lower case L anyway?"

OK, I feel better.

And Rail rat, yes thanks for trying to show the image, but you will need to have it linked from another server and not your computer. The photobucket is a good way to go, or if the bar happens to have a site with an image you can use that one directly without having to do that. Either way, Bob give the guy a break... he was trying to share something and just didn't know how he had to do it on here.

Dick, we can't expect everyone to act like gentlemen on here, as they probably go check out the NPR side too and think that's how things are /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Rail Rat
06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wanna play the smartass game too! Ok, here goes:

"Well wouldn't a regular pool table still just be a lower case L anyway?"

OK, I feel better.

And Rail rat, yes thanks for trying to show the image, but you will need to have it linked from another server and not your computer. The photobucket is a good way to go, or if the bar happens to have a site with an image you can use that one directly without having to do that. Either way, Bob give the guy a break... he was trying to share something and just didn't know how he had to do it on here.

Dick, we can't expect everyone to act like gentlemen on here, as they probably go check out the NPR side too and think that's how things are /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack </div></div>

Yeah, I try to be nice until the kiddies show up. I wish they would stay on their chat lines with their zit popping, cheeto eating little buddies and stay off a serious network.

I tried to use the drag and drop function on another site and I thought it had worked because it showed up in the my post. Embarrsing as I'm a computer artist specializing in game design.

Anyway its a full size table but in an L shape.

Rail Rat
06-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Here is the table. The black spot is where the One ball racks. The balls are more forward so that less balls will go into the extension.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/brad1943/LTable.jpg

sack316
06-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Drag and drop feature would been awesome on here! But I suppose you came along just after our recent "upgrade" on here. I think we've caught up to about '97 with the board now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

(admin: I kid, I kid!)

Rich R.
06-03-2008, 07:01 AM
If you do some searching on the internet, you may be able to find the company making these tables. I used to have the link, but, unfortunately I deleted or lost it somewhere along the line. IIRC, they make tables in several shapes, in addition to the L shaped tables. The company specializes in these odd shaped pool tables.

Rail Rat
06-03-2008, 07:18 AM
The board is certainly better now, it was pretty clunky befor. I'm on a Mac and I mistakenly use Safari sometimes, I wish Apple would trash it. I can't use some of the features on the board with it so I use fire Fox.

Rail Rat
06-03-2008, 07:23 AM
I went by the pub recently and it had closed so I don't know what happened to the L table. It was great fun to play, the games would be much longer. A run out was quite a challege and it really tested your rail and bank knowledge.

Deeman3
06-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Sack,

I'm designing a new type table. It has two foot pockets and 3 & 1/2" rails! Maybe we can get out now..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eric.
06-03-2008, 08:07 AM
South River, NJ. A bar on Old Bridge Turnpike (Sally's?) that might be out of business.

Eric &gt;couldn't make a ball

Rail Rat
06-03-2008, 09:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,

I'm designing a new type table. It has two foot pockets and 3 & 1/2" rails! Maybe we can get out now..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I'll play it, but no call shots! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
06-03-2008, 11:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,

I'm designing a new type table. It has two foot pockets and 3 & 1/2" rails! Maybe we can get out now..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

maybe, as long as we still play with a couple of mulligans like we always do... I don't want that rule to change! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Currently my "outs" consist of screwing up a run, breaking down my cue, waving good-bye to everyone as I say "I'm out people, see ya tomorrow!"

Sack