PDA

View Full Version : John Smoltz

sack316
06-04-2008, 03:37 PM
out for the season... wants to pitch again. Easy first ballot hall of famer... this is gonna be a big hard rehab for him. Should he hang it up or give it a go?

He's one of the players I truly admire most out there, and his career is a storied one to say the least. I'd love to see him come back and play as long as he'd like to and be able to go out on his terms... but I'd hate to see him pull a Trent Green and end on that sort of note.

Sack

pooltchr
06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
What is he? 40? 41?
It's time to retire. He's had a great career. I'd hate to see him try to come back and fall flat.
Steve

sack316
06-05-2008, 12:06 AM
yeah, he's 41. Even more amazing that I didn't realize is that he's been pitching for a year with this injury... and was still a top tier pitcher all the while throwing with an injury that will require major repair work. Incredible.

I'm kinda hoping he'll retire too, go out on top still. But I suppose if anyone would be able to come back at 42 after major shoulder surgery, he would be the guy to do it.

Sack

LWW
06-05-2008, 02:44 AM
I doubt he can make it back at his age but hope I am wrong.

LWW

eg8r
06-05-2008, 08:45 AM
I think he should go for it. He stil would have a few years as a closer and what does it hurt. If his love for the game is still there then why not.

eg8r