PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Michigan City?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
We are planning to attend the WPBA tourney in Michigan City IN the weekend of June 28. We did not get to a tourney last year and we are really looking forward to this one.

Is anyone from this forum going to be there? I would certainly expect to see williebetmore there and maybe rukiddingme.
Possibly sjm from the AZB board.

Also, are there any pool halls near there that would be worth checking out?

jennycorvette
07-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Hope you enjoyed yourself, Wally. I was there Saturday nite with some friends and we enjoyed all the double hill matches.

What day/nite did you go?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-11-2008, 09:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jennycorvette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope you enjoyed yourself, Wally. I was there Saturday nite with some friends and we enjoyed all the double hill matches.

What day/nite did you go? </div></div>

We were there from Thursday thru Saturday night. We did not stay for the tv taping. Been there, done that. Once is enough.

The Saturday night matches are usually the best.

It was good to see Sarah Rousey make the top 16. Also got to talk a lot with CarolNYC who was working the booth. Sweated a match with "sjm". Always enjoy his expert commentary.

When I was checking into the hotel I ran into Mr. and Mrs. Willie Betmore, Jeanette Lee and her daughter Cheyenne. When I told them we had just driven 300 miles Jeanette said "Oh thak you so much for coming. Let me give you a hug for all your effort."

I let her.