PDA

View Full Version : Dutch immigration test.

Chopstick
06-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Dutch Make Gay Acceptance Test For Immigrants

From Ireland’s Evening Echo:

A woman wearing a Muslim head scarf walks past a lingerie advertisement at the Leidseplein in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Wednesday March 15, 2006. Would-be immigrants to the Netherlands are expected to watch a film that has images of gay men kissing and topless women on the beach. Potential immigrants, who resist acknowledging Dutch liberal views will not secure a much-needed residence permit.

Dutch set would-be immigrants a ‘blue movie’ test

15/03/2006

The camera focuses on two gay men kissing in a park. Later, a topless woman emerges from the sea and walks on to a crowded beach. For would-be immigrants to The Netherlands, this film is a test of their readiness to participate in the liberal Dutch culture.

If they can’t stomach it, no need to apply.

Whether or not they find the film offensive, applicants must buy a copy and watch it if they hope to pass The Netherlands’ new entrance examination.

The test – the first of its kind in the world – became compulsory today, and was made available at 138 Dutch embassies around the world. Taking the exam costs £240 (€360).

“As of today, immigrants wishing to settle in The Netherlands for, in particular, the purposes of marrying or forming a relationship will be required to take the civic integration examination abroad,” the immigration ministry said in a statement.

The test is part of a broader crackdown on immigration that has been gathering momentum in The Netherlands since 2001.

Not everyone is happy with the new test. Dutch theologian Karel Steenbrink criticised the 105-minute movie, saying it would be offensive to some Muslims.

There are some major exemptions. EU nationals, asylum-seekers and skilled workers who earn more than £31,000 (€45,000) per year will not be required to take the 30-minute computerised exam. Also, citizens of the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and Switzerland are exempt.

Mohammed Sini, the chairman of Islam and Citizenship, a national Muslim organisation, defended the film, saying that homosexuality is “a reality.” Sini urged all immigrants “to embrace modernity.”

I would think this would be offensive to many other people besides Moslems. And not just on religious grounds.

I guess they didn’t have the guts to use a cartoon of Mohammed.

Where is the ACLU?

link (http://sweetness-light.com/archive/dutch-make-gay-acceptance-litmus-test-for-immigrants)

Deeman3
06-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I would kid Q about this junk but in reality, in Alabama we are doing much the same in requiring that new immigrants from other parts of the country go to malls and watch women with large wallets in their back pocket, 300 lb. gals in thongs on the beach and male buttcrack displays in our schools.

Muslims? There are no Muslims in Alabama. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
06-06-2008, 01:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Muslims? There are no Muslims in Alabama. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Sure there are deeman, I thought those were all the people with darker skin that didn't speak ebonics or hick... aren't they automatically muslim in our eyes? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
06-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Damn, Sack those are from South of the Border.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

We call them Hispanics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'll make it easier, no prayer rug, no Muslim....

sack316
06-06-2008, 03:20 PM
ah, I see now. But it doesn't matter, if they don't look like me, they can't be no good. "dey took er joooobbbbsssss" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Vapros
06-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I only know of one pool player in the Netherlands. Do you know if he is in the film?