PDA

View Full Version : It's Official, Bush The Worst EVER!

Gayle in MD
06-08-2008, 10:08 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/01/bush.poll/

Well, we can rest assured Americans don't take fondly to being lied into wars, another official Senate Select finding this week, Bush Lied Us Into This War.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON DC (CNN) -- A new poll suggests that President Bush is the most unpopular president in modern American history.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Thursday indicates that 71 percent of the American public disapprove of how Bush is handling his job as president.

"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup Poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

"Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon [22 percent and 24 percent, respectively], but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland said. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

The record-low support for the war in a CNN poll could be one reason behind the president's unpopularity, but it probably is not the only one.

"Support for the war, the assessment of the economy and approval of Mr. Bush are all about the same -- bad," Schneider said
</div></div>

Gee, maybe he had a split hoof?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
06-08-2008, 03:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/01/bush.poll/

Well, we can rest assured Americans don't take fondly to being lied into wars, another official Senate Select finding this week, Bush Lied Us Into This War.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON DC (CNN) -- A new poll suggests that President Bush is the most unpopular president in modern American history.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Thursday indicates that 71 percent of the American public disapprove of how Bush is handling his job as president.

"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup Poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

"Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon [22 percent and 24 percent, respectively], but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland said. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

The record-low support for the war in a CNN poll could be one reason behind the president's unpopularity, but it probably is not the only one.

"Support for the war, the assessment of the economy and approval of Mr. Bush are all about the same -- bad," Schneider said
</div></div>

Gee, maybe he had a split hoof?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

</div></div>

It's been official with me for a long time!

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Me too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a statement from Democratic Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller: "Before taking the country to war, this Administration owed it to the American people to give them a 100 percent accurate picture of the threat we faced. Unfortunately, our Committee has concluded that the Administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence. In making the case for war, the Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed.

"It is my belief that the Bush Administration was fixated on Iraq, and used the 9/11 attacks by al Qa'ida as justification for overthrowing Saddam Hussein. To accomplish this, top Administration officials made repeated statements that falsely linked Iraq and al Qa'ida as a single threat and insinuated that Iraq played a role in 9/11. Sadly, the Bush Administration led the nation into war under false pretenses.

"There is no question we all relied on flawed intelligence. But, there is a fundamental difference between relying on incorrect intelligence and deliberately painting a picture to the American people that you know is not fully accurate."

</div></div>

It's time we ignore the trolls. Let them deny till they die!

"If you deny till you die, you must be a Repubican!"

Hey, I think I'll put that on a tee shirt, and sell it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DickLeonard
06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Gayle thanks for the laugh. I was reading your posts, still battling after 6 years of GWB it is about time you started to get paid for your hard work.####

Wally_in_Cincy
06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6 years of GWB </div></div>

7 actually

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Hello sweetheart. How are you today?

Did you happen to see the documentary about Dennis Hastard, and how he bliked his constituents behind the scenes?

No wonder he retired!

Dick, I do hope you are doing well.

Love,
Gayle

Deeman3
06-09-2008, 01:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello sweetheart. How are you today?

Did you happen to see the documentary about Dennis Hastard, and how he bliked his constituents behind the scenes?

No wonder he retired!

Dick, I do hope you are doing well.

Love,
Gayle </div></div>

Gayle,

I saw the Hastert program along with many other Republicans and Democrats who cheat. I think they, along with Nancy "Fisherwoman" Pelosi should be run out of town on a rail. None of them are even apologetic about this insane spending and the contribution kickbacks and land sales.

If Obama would run on throwing them out of Congress, I'd vote for him.

eg8r
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
How about the Nancy's latest pork spending where she is giving a billion plus to the class action lawyers.

eg8r

Deeman3
06-09-2008, 02:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the Nancy's latest pork spending where she is giving a billion plus to the class action lawyers.

eg8r </div></div>

In fairness, Ms. Pelosi has every right under equal justice to be every bit as criminal as men are, and then some.

It takes a lot of pork to pay for those fish for her brothers.

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Dee,
I think Q already dispelled that right wing fantasy about Pelosi...I could be wrong...

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
06-10-2008, 10:33 AM
LOL, it is just fun when we have people like gayle shove her foot in her mouth and look like a fool when touting these politicians as saviours and all they really are is a bunch of crooks.

eg8r

eg8r
06-10-2008, 10:34 AM
You are always wrong. It was her pork spending no one else.

eg8r

LWW
06-11-2008, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dee,
I think Q already dispelled that right wing fantasy about Pelosi...I could be wrong...

Gayle in Md. </div></div>
You are.

LWW

DickLeonard
06-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Wally I had one year where I was totally out of it. I was trying to decipher LWW posts for hidden meanings. In order to maintain my sanity I finally stop trying to decode his ramblings.####

DickLeonard
06-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Ggayle thank you for your concern I am feeling much better now. No I didn't see that documentary on Dennis Hastard. What channel was it on?

Love
Dick

Gayle in MD
06-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Sorry Dick, to have failed to answer you. I'm not around much in the summer, so I miss some questions.

I am sorry that I don't recall where I saw the program, probably PBS, or it may have been Sixty minutes, as I am thinking about it, I think it was Sixty minutes.

Maybe Deeman will help us out.

I am so happy that you're feeling better. You do still owe me a dance, remember?

Love you Dick,

Gayle