PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Lied, Soldiers Died...and still are.

llotter
06-09-2008, 05:50 AM
There is nothing more despicable than the Democrats who helped get us into war in Iraq and then, for pure political gain, undermined our soldiers and their leadership at every opportunity. These contemptible characters should be held to account by the public and would be if it were not for the fact that the Big Lie has trumped the truth, as it so often does. Being tarred and feathered would be a more appropriate justice for such low life.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/08/AR2008060801687.html

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 07:02 AM
A complete crock of BS from a desperate right wing nust who was among other right wing nus who helped the Bush administration to
trump the intelligence.

Sighting that intelligence generally supported the underlying reasons given, fails to address the basic fact that the intelligence was trumped up from the start.

No one gave George Bush permission to launch an un-necessary invasion and extended occupation in a country which posed no immediate threat. No one knew in advance of their vote, the extent to which cheney, Bush and Rice, had lied.

There is no way to paint Democratics as the creators of illogical and failed ideologies, such as spreading democracy at the end of guns and bombs, and launching a War On Terror, another false propagandist semantically incorrect ideology.

No one gave Bush a go ahead to fight pre-emptive war against a nation which was only a threat if viewed through the proprganda which he himself created.

As usual, another Republican who refuses to acknowledge the colossal mess that Neocon REPUBLICAN Hawks have created, and the far reaching consequences we have suffered as a country, due to their failed, illogical, decietful manueverings and incompetence.

This is Bush's war, no one elses. The only thing he has accomplished is to put America through hell, and closer to annihilation.

Gayle in Md.

llotter
06-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Repeating the same lie over and over has always been and still is a very successful tactic to overwhelm the truth, it is still, none the less, a lie.

Deeman3
06-09-2008, 08:06 AM
After all, it was not Bush, but Rockefeller, who said in October 2002: "There has been some debate over how 'imminent' a threat Iraq poses. I do believe Iraq poses an imminent threat. I also believe after September 11, that question is increasingly outdated. . . . To insist on further evidence could put some of our fellow Americans at risk. Can we afford to take that chance? I do not think we can."

Qtec
06-09-2008, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But statements regarding Iraq's support for terrorist groups other than al-Qaeda "were substantiated by intelligence information." Statements that Iraq provided safe haven for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and other terrorists with ties to al-Qaeda "were substantiated by the intelligence assessments," and statements regarding Iraq's contacts with al-Qaeda "were substantiated by intelligence information." The report is left to complain about "implications" and statements that "left the impression" that those contacts led to substantive Iraqi cooperation.

In the report's final section, the committee takes issue with Bush's statements about Saddam Hussein's intentions and what the future might have held. But was that really a question of misrepresenting intelligence, or was it a question of judgment that politicians are expected to make? </div></div>

There is a difference between making a true statement and telling the truth. Using these standards, Bush could point to ANY unconfirmed claim by ANY Iraqi defector and be making a true statement but not portaying a true representation of the facts.

The fact remains that Colin Powell in his speach to the UN relied on testimony from an Iraqi taxi driver who the US NEVER even interviewed! [Curveball..look it up.] How desperate can you get. -

Today, even after the 9/11 Com has said quite clearly that there was no intel that confirmed any link between Saddam and Al Q we still get this crap being spewed by the mainstream [ leftwing??] press.
The Govt did everything they could to suggest a link between Al Q, 9/11 and Saddam.
This conclusion was not based on the intelligence.

No WMDs.
No WMD program.
No link to OBL.
No threat to America.

A lot of people have died , a lot are injured and a lot are scarred for life, if not physically then mentally.
This war was about protecting US [ oil addicted ] interests but now oil is $140 a barrel and the Dollar is losing value.

Who is making the money and who is paying?

Q

eg8r
06-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Why even bother to discuss this with Gayle? The queen sheep has her marching orders and her cliff is near.

eg8r

Deeman3
06-09-2008, 08:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why even bother to discuss this with Gayle? The queen sheep has her marching orders and her cliff is near.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed,

Because it's so much fun! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 08:40 AM
You should know, that is precisely what you are doing with this post, and quoting one of Bush's lap dogs, at that.

For every op-ed that you can come up with to promote this effor of yours to throw the blame for this mess onto Democrats, I can come up with a thousand pieces of documented evidence that proves you, and it, wrong.

Give it up. The whole world knows that bush lied this country into an un-necessary war, and lied to the congress and the Senate in order to pull it off, just as the whole world knows what a mess our country is presently in, thanks to bush, and the Republicans who supported him, both the voters, and the Republican Representatives on the Hill. No amount of quoted Bulls**t is ever going to change that.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
06-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Did you say something or are you just trolling again?

Your post offered NOTHING to the thread except to bait another poster. Troll behaviour.

Lets face it, you were wrong about Bush, The Iraq war, and everything else. All you can do now is admit that instead of uttering stupid, off topic, baiting one liners.

Accept it, YOU GOT CONNED. You fell for it hook, line and sinker. The pathetic part is that you actually realise that but you can't bring yourself to say,

"Q, you were RIGHT'. It was all lies. These BTDS should be in jail. "..............

...... you continue to make excuses for them and ridicule those who come with solid evidence that the WH posed an imaginary threat to the USA and used the 9/11 event to achieve their objectives.
How cheap is that. Using 9/11 to con the public into supporting an unnecessary war?

Q............

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Here, read it, and try to absorb it. There are links provided, not that I think you're interested in anything of substance, or reading any documentation.

And here is a quote from Rockafeller, which I'm quite sure you'd prefer to ignore.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2008/06/06/BL2008060602283.html?tid=informbox

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a statement from Democratic Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller: "Before taking the country to war, this Administration owed it to the American people to give them a 100 percent accurate picture of the threat we faced. Unfortunately, our Committee has concluded that the Administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence. In making the case for war, the Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed.

"It is my belief that the Bush Administration was fixated on Iraq, and used the 9/11 attacks by al Qa'ida as justification for overthrowing Saddam Hussein. To accomplish this, top Administration officials made repeated statements that falsely linked Iraq and al Qa'ida as a single threat and insinuated that Iraq played a role in 9/11. Sadly, the Bush Administration led the nation into war under false pretenses.

"There is no question we all relied on flawed intelligence. But, there is a fundamental difference between relying on incorrect intelligence and deliberately painting a picture to the American people that you know is not fully accurate."

</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

llotter
06-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Fred Haitt is hardly one of Bush's lap dogs, he is the Washington Post Editorial Page Editor and this is not so much of an opinion peace as it is reporting on the product of the Senate's Select Committee on Intelligence, chaired by Rockefeller, (D, WV). It is no surprise that Congress will never impeach Bush because they are just as culpable and a trial would easily demonstrate that fact. Even worse, the Dems have been giving aid and comfort to the enemy while fighting a war, for which they voted, for political gain. The Democrats are the ones who are repeating what they know to be lies.

The Dems have become invested in our defeat and that certainly doesn't bode well for our future as a free society. The most essential element of a working democracy is that the minority concedes when they lose the vote, even if only by one. What we have going on now is, however, no way resembles the democratic process. The 'majority' wishes they had voted the other way and are carrying on as though their wishful thinking was really what happened, the consequences be damned. If America loses the war, the Dems will feel good blaming it on the Republicans...and it looks like they will get away with it. How sad.

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 09:36 AM
You, and Fred, are full of it. The Democratic have not given any aid to the enemy, that's a lie, just like everything else you write.

Here's a statement from Democratic Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller: "Before taking the country to war, this Administration owed it to the American people to give them a 100 percent accurate picture of the threat we faced. Unfortunately, our Committee has concluded that the Administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence. In making the case for war, the Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed.

"It is my belief that the Bush Administration was fixated on Iraq, and used the 9/11 attacks by al Qa'ida as justification for overthrowing Saddam Hussein. To accomplish this, top Administration officials made repeated statements that falsely linked Iraq and al Qa'ida as a single threat and insinuated that Iraq played a role in 9/11. Sadly, the Bush Administration led the nation into war under false pretenses.

"There is no question we all relied on flawed intelligence. But, there is a fundamental difference between relying on incorrect intelligence and deliberately painting a picture to the American people that you know is not fully accurate."

The guy you quoted is a right wing nut, just like you.
Gayle in Md.
"If you deny till you die, you must be a Republican."

llotter
06-09-2008, 10:14 AM
It was the intelligence that painted the picture and that is why 89 Senators voted for the war. Of course, the Dems, for political gain, try to appease whoever will listen that it is someone elses fault.

It was not that long ago that politics stopped at the water's edge because that is what is essential for presenting a united front, especially in war. Now, cheap political shots are fired with impunity as Rockefeller did in what I assume is an accurate quote. We have a Republic and that means that the decisions are left to the elected officials to act the the best interest of the country not to somehow involve the American People. The intelligence committee had the same information as the administration and they saw the same picture. It is shameful to split the country's resolve with continued second guessing, trying to wash their own hands of any responsibility.

And, I haven't voted for a single Republican since 1988 and I had to hold my nose as I pulled the lever for Bush Sr. I am a conservative and not a Republican of whom I feel have stabbed conservatives in the back.

eg8r
06-09-2008, 11:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you say something or are you just trolling again?

Your post offered NOTHING to the thread except to bait another poster. Troll behaviour.</div></div>Hey qtip, you need to remember the issue about throwing rocks in a glass house.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was the intelligence that painted the picture <span style="color: #000066">and it was George Bush who skewed the intelligence they saw. </span> and that is why 89 Senators voted for the war. Of course, the Dems, for political gain, try to appease whoever will listen that it is someone elses fault.

<span style="color: #000066">it is the fault of the man who set out to skew the intelligence to fit his policy, which was to invade Iraq, hence, the British Memo, along with dozens of Intelligence Operatives, stated that he was fixing Intelligence to fit his desired policy. </span>

It was not that long ago that politics stopped at the water's edge because that is what is essential for presenting a united front, especially in war. Now, cheap political shots are fired with impunity as Rockefeller did in what I assume is an accurate quote. We have a Republic and that means that the decisions are left to the elected officials to act the the best interest of the country not to somehow involve the American People. <span style="color: #000066">As usual, you are quite wrong. It is not at all appropriate for a president to create a false premise to send our young people to die on foreign soil. American policy has always been that war must be a last resort. bush lied, to the Representatives, to the American people, and to the world. </span> The intelligence committee had the same information as the administration and they saw the same picture. <span style="color: #000066">Again, you are quite wrong. No one sees the same intelligence, that the president sees. It is his job to accurately present the intelligence to the public, and to our representatives, which he most certainly did not do. </span> It is shameful to split the country's resolve with continued second guessing, trying to wash their own hands of any responsibility.

<span style="color: #000066">George Bush is the person who has divided our country. The Republican agenda, also has divided our country, by seeking to capitalize on the dangerous desires of the radical religious Christian coalition, for political purposes, who wish to dictate to all others, according to their religious dogma, and criminalize those who do not agree with their agenda.</span>

And, I haven't voted for a single Republican since 1988 and I had to hold my nose as I pulled the lever for Bush Sr. I am a conservative and not a Republican of whom I feel have stabbed conservatives in the back.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I'd hardly call you conservative, given your desire to criminalize those who do not subscribe to your values, and your often mentioned parise of murdering religious fanatics, who behave much like radical Islamic terrorists.

This is Geroge Bush's war. No one else can be blamed for it, but Bush. It was his policy, and he is the one who lied to all of us in order to decieve us into giving him our trust that he would keep his promise not to use force without UN approval, and only as a last resort. then he created false intelligence, left out intelligence that did not support his case, and used out dated intelligence which he was told was not accurate.

Iraq, is Bush's war, and was not launched by Democrats. Bush lied to all.

Give it up, the world knows bush lied us into a war, F-ed it totally up, hurt our country and reputation, burried us in massive debt, and the only people who have benefitted from any of this are the contractors who have made billions off the blood of our troops.
Gayle in Md.
</div></div>