PDA

View Full Version : Why is McCain getting $58,000 a year in disability

Qtec
06-09-2008, 06:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunday, June 08, 2008

Why is McCain getting $58,000 a year in disability income?

John Aravosis (DC) 6/08/2008 12:07:00 PM ET Link
141 Comments reddit FARK Digg It!

First off, I find it fascinating that John McCain, who is refusing to vote for the GI Bill for our troops because "it's too generous," is himself getting $58,000 a year, tax-free, from the US government for his military service. Had McCain been getting that amount every year since Vietnam, that would total $2,000,000 for the man who isn't into overgenerous government. I just find that interesting.

His staff responded with the classic "he was tortured for his country." Yeah, we get it. The torture card. It's to McCain what 9/11 was to Giuliani's candidacy - the never-ending name-drop. Though what McCain's staff actually said was downright, um, we're being nice to Clinton now, so I won't say Clintonian. Here's the quote:

McCain campaign strategist Mark Salter said Monday night that McCain was technically disabled. "Tortured for his country -- that is how he acquired his disability," Salter said.

Technically? What does that mean? Usually, it means that under the strict reading of the law, you're covered, but in fact it's kind of a nudge-nudge-wink-wink situation - that's what "technically" means. It's called parsing, which is something you do to "technically" claim something is true, when on its face it really isn't. So is McCain "technically" disabled, and taking $58,000 a year tax free from the government, or is he actually disabled? I would imagine there are other solders who are actually disabled who could use the money. And if he is actually disabled, just how disabled is he?

I think our troops should only get the best, and we've beaten up the administration a lot for leaving our injured troops and vets in the lurch. But I also remember from those articles how hard it is for our current injured troops to get the health care they need (the military is actually refusing to diagnose PTSD in order to save money on benefits!). I'm just not sure that the McCains, who own "eight or nine houses," should be getting $58k a year tax-free from the government for a "technical" disability when others who don't have families worth a gazillion dollars could use that support a lot more. The median household income in the US in 2006 was $48,201. I know vets who have done well for themselves in the workplace and, as a result, refuse to take any federal medical benefits. They feel it would simply be wrong to take what amounts to federal welfare when they're rich.

<span style="color: #990000">I mean, the man built his own lake to go fishing at one of his 8 or 9 houses. Yes, he served his country. But something is wrong when we're paying millionaires $58,000 a year, especially when those same millionaires complaine that we were being "overly-generous" to our troops currently fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. At the very least, it's terribly hypocritical.
</span>
PS Let's not forget that the Republicans decided that the last election should be about whether a Vietnam war hero, who was awarded the Purple Heart, really was injured enough to get those medals. Imagine what the Republicans would have done had the Democratic candidate been profiting to the tune of $58,000 a year from the feds for a "disability" that didn't stop him from staying in the military another eight years, where he took over the command of a training squadron, and which didn't stop him from later getting elected to the US Congress for 26 years. Yes, you can be disabled and do all that, but again, imagine had the Democratic candidate had the vigor of John McCain, while claiming to be disabled to the tune of $58k a year. They'd eviscerate us. And they did, when the candidate was John Kerry.

A Second PS: Imagine had the Democratic candidate served in Vietnam, been captured, and then made propaganda videos for the enemy while claiming all the while to be a hero. That's a story for another day, but just imagine had our candidate run on his war record, and used his captivity to justify $58,000 a year in benefits, when during such captivity he made propaganda videos for the enemy. I have a feeling our guy would be laughed out of the race.</div></div>

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Q

Deeman3
06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Why is McCain getting $58,000 a year?

Probably because he earned it.

Gayle in MD
06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
If one can work, which he obviously is doing, and has done all these years, I'd call this a case of fraud, the worst kind, given he has voted against additional financial and health benefits for our troops.

If this is true, then it is really a disgrace, and the only disability he demonstrates, is one of conscience, and honor. I have a number of friends, and several relatives, who would qualify for Veterans benefits, who do not collect anything, out of their sense of honor.

Gayle in Md.

cheesemouse
06-09-2008, 03:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is McCain getting $58,000 a year?

Probably because he earned it. </div></div> I suspect it is not for a physical disability.

LWW
06-10-2008, 04:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is McCain getting $58,000 a year?

Probably because he earned it. </div></div>
Thank you..We are seeing how much the radical left actually "LOVE" our troops.

LWW

LWW
06-10-2008, 04:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheesemouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is McCain getting $58,000 a year?

Probably because he earned it. </div></div> I suspect it is not for a physical disability. </div></div>
I suspect you are a partisan moonbat.

LWW

LWW
06-10-2008, 04:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If one can work, which he obviously is doing, and has done all these years, I'd call this a case of fraud, the worst kind, given he has voted against additional financial and health benefits for our troops.

If this is true, then it is really a disgrace, and the only disability he demonstrates, is one of conscience, and honor. I have a number of friends, and several relatives, who would qualify for Veterans benefits, who do not collect anything, out of their sense of honor.

Gayle in Md. </div></div>
Have you no decency?

LWW

Wally_in_Cincy
06-10-2008, 06:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I have a number of friends, and several relatives, who would qualify for Veterans benefits, who do not collect anything, out of their sense of honor.

</div></div>

Oh really? You have multiple friends and multiple relatives who qualify for veteran's benefits and politely decline to take them?

Color me skeptical.

Deeman3
06-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Wally,

It is clear from Gayle's report that McCain is indeed, an evil man who manipulated that bomb to go off on deck of that aircraft carrier and had himslef imprisoned for years so that he would, many years later, benefit from the experience politically. He is Hitler in disguise just waiting to unleash his mighty rage and temper on Washington and start a war to further defend those evil Jews should they get in the way of an Iranian missle exercise.

DickLeonard
06-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Wally I color myself red when I read of disabled Vets voting against aid to the service men. This Iraq war will cost Billions in aid to our one legged,one armed,no legs,no arms veterans.

I am always being pestered for donations to phony veterans organizations. My reply is get the aid from George Bush as it should be. Veterans shouldn't need handouts, the Govt should provide for their future. Then they might not be so willing to go off half cocked.

Always nice to see you posting.####

Gayle in MD
06-10-2008, 08:35 AM
WOW, you are stooping to the level of wing nut racist accusations against me?

I think that is beneath you, friend.

Deeman3
06-10-2008, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, you are stooping to the level of wing nut racist accusations against me?

I think that is beneath you, friend.

Of course, what I am saying is over the top. However, I do see the trend now of character assasination beginning now, both on the left and soon to be on the right.

If we can't have discussions on policy and real differences between the candidates this will quickly degenerate to name calling, questioning the character and even the history of both Obama and McCain.

References to Hitler-like personality and questions of money for disability may be fair game but soon questions about Obama may come up that are in the same vein and they will be "unfair."

I have not said you are a racist. I don't beleive you are. I do believe you will question McCain's senility while railing against the thought of someone, for instance, asking about Hillary's dealings with contributors, land deals and the many other issues she has had.

If McCain did serve with honor and has been prounced healthy and competent by doctors, why bring these things into the fray inviting counterattacks against Obama, for instance.

Why can't the issues and the stands of the candidates not be the main focus instead of all this focus on personality? Is it possible a person of advanced years can be a candidate for president without age discrimination? Is that, somehow, less appalling than the so-called woman hating that you felt was used against Hillary?

Am I stooping to the level of the worse on both sides of the political slate? No, not close in my opinion. I just hate see trading one bit of garbage for another. Age Discrinination for Gender Discrimination.

</div></div>

Gayle in MD
06-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Dick,
The Republican president lied us into this war, and then Republicans stonewalled every measure to improve conditions for our troops. McCain voted for all of it.

McCain back off his anti torture, backed off his original stand against illegal wire taps, back off his stand against the tax cuts for the wealthy corporate fascists, and has proven himself the most flagrant flip flopper of our times.

Bush destroyed our reputation, the value of our dollar, our manufacturing jobs, our sovereignty, (heard yet about his secret plans for the super highway for Mexico's excellerated invasion? On behalf of the corporate fascists, btw.)outed a CIA AGent, lied us into an unnecessary war in Iraq, which some of our righties here claimed was to defend our interests, translation, OIL.

I believe Deeman once jabbed me with threats about what I would have to pay for gas for my Caddie, and my boat, if we didn't invade Iraq.

Ha ha ha...it seems, plans went wrong somehow? We have over $4.00 a gallon gas, unprecedented debt, declining manufacturing jobs, an unstable Middle East, Bernanki is spreading fantasy predictions, as the stock Market laughs behind his back, scratching their heads, we're paying cut throats not to kill our troops, and there is wide spread refusal in Iraq to agree to the complex Security Agreement with the US that Bush wants, probably as a desperate measure to justify his Vatican styled city he built there, no doubt paid for with borrowed money from china, with interest, and no one can tell me what America has gotten out of this invasion?

Of course, Deeman says we are distracting every single crazy, death to America terrorist in the world, by fighting in Iraq, sacrificing our young heroes, but then, Deeman thought that by invading Iraq, we'd get cheaper oil...

Tell me, if we're resorting to paying off the insurgents, in order to keep some peace for the benefit of the Republican bull**** foreign policy propaganda, is the "Surge" working, when Iraq is now hinting that they refuse to sign the Security agreement during Bush's term? I don't think so. A Reduction in violence, that we have to buy from unsurgents with our money, and with their declining willingness to sign agreements, as they continue to stonewall us, is not success.
Tehy are simply ripping us off for money, with the full intention of killing Our troops, again,.eventually, and our people are still being killed, and there are still car bombs going off IN Baghdad, but the "Surge" has been a success?

BWA HA HA HA...

"If you deny till you die, you must be a Republican."

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
06-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Deeman,
I think the mental health of a candidate, who will be seventy-two, and has had a cancer which has a high rate of recurrance, is both a logical and reasonable political point.

I also think that his failure to stand against torture, and the fact that his campaign if chock full of people who have represented terrorist nations, and also rogue nations, is also reasonable.

His votes for corporate tax cuts, also reasonable.

As for Hillary, she has not ever been convicted of a crime, yet you have painted her as some kind of criminal throughout. You accused her of being an opportunist, when we all know that every political figure, is an opportunist, and you have constantly made fun of Bill Clinton's obvious sexual addiction, but apparently think it is unfair for me to highlight McCains falandering behavior, and his own history of dumping an invalid wife, and marrying a woman whose father had tremendous money and political connections.

You thought it was fine what the swift boaters did to Kerry, but condemn what John McCain's Annapolis friend of decades, who knew both McCain and his first wife, was in their crowd, and has stated about how he ran around on a wife who remained loyal to him, and dumped her when she lost her sexual appeal through a devastating auto accident, to marry the woman he had been screwing, all over Washington D.C., and elsewhere, for political gain.

Age, is a reasonable concern about a presidential candidate, as is health. Gender, OTOH, is not. Doctors now say that REagan displayed signs of Alsheimers while in office, and I have heard for years about McCain's emotional problems, long before this campaign ever got started. I think, since a Republican has stated that he should not even be considered, due to his emotional behavior, that that, too, is a reasonable point to discuss.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Then we will continue to discuss this for the next 5 months.

eg8r
06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for Hillary, she has not ever been convicted of a crime, yet you have painted her as some kind of criminal throughout. </div></div> Neither has W, Cheney, Rice, and Rove, yet you have hypocritically painted them as criminals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You thought it was fine what the swift boaters did to Kerry,</div></div>You hated the swift boaters and what they did to Kerry yet you are now doing the same thing to McCain.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-10-2008, 11:05 AM
As I said, age is a legitimate issue for a president, gender, is not.

Mental stability, also legitimate.

And if womanizing issues were fair during Clinton's administration, why should they be off the record, for McCain?

Why should stuffing $58,000 dollars in his pocket, when he obviously is capable of working, and has been all along, be unfair to discuss?

And, patricularly since he has voted against everything to help our troops, including maintaining R & R Army Manual Standards, and safety equipment, and raising their medical assistance to make it easier for those with grievious injuries to access medical attention after they come home.

I don't see this man as being a man of principles, at all. I believe that principles, are a fair issue, for making a presidential choice, particularly in issues of war.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
06-10-2008, 11:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mean, the man built his own lake to go fishing at one of his 8 or 9 houses. Yes, he served his country. But something is wrong when we're paying millionaires $58,000 a year, especially when those same millionaires complaine that we were being "overly-generous" to our troops currently fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. At the very least, it's terribly hypocritical.

</div></div>

Tap Tap Tap!

PoolFool
06-10-2008, 08:36 PM
The $58K is not for disability. He retired as an O-6. An O-6 earned about $101,000. last year. McCain retired after 23 years of service. The $58K is retirement income. It is tax exempt because of his disability. Any decent company that has a pension plan would pay over 50% of salary in retirement benefits.
I don't want to vote for the man but I see nothing wrong with him getting his due retirement.

PoolFool

pooltchr
06-11-2008, 04:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PoolFool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The $58K is not for disability. He retired as an O-6. An O-6 earned about $101,000. last year. McCain retired after 23 years of service. The $58K is retirement income. It is tax exempt because of his disability. Any decent company that has a pension plan would pay over 50% of salary in retirement benefits.
I don't want to vote for the man but I see nothing wrong with him getting his due retirement.

PoolFool </div></div>

Now you've done it! Using actual facts to shoot down a left wing fabricated "story" just isn't fair. After all, they don't understand "facts". I'm betting there isn't much more commentary here on this particular item.

Anyone who spends 20 years in the military has earned every penny of retirement they get!

Steve

Qtec
06-11-2008, 04:38 AM
McCain was deemed to be %100 disabled and pays zero tax on his disability pension. He takes a measly $60 grand fron the Govt while he and his wife are worth a billion $. Then he votes against better deals for Vets!

McCain bends with the wind. Is this guy really fit to be President?

derailed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c)

The GI Bill!
link (http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/34701-why-won-t-mccain-support-our-vets)

we can't make things too good ....! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z0gItNlfMM&amp;feature=related)

Q

sack316
06-11-2008, 04:43 AM
Indeed steve and PoolFool. Let us also note that any apparent votes he happens to give against increasing benefits, is because he doesn't give a damn about the troops. However, were he to vote in favor of better benefits, it would surely only be to pad his own pockets.

I'm sure the hard work, dedication, and honor in achieving O-6 will be overlooked simply because he doesn't need that money. Shame on someone for collecting something they've earned. He may even have the gaul to collect social security! I don't know this, but I'm sure that'll be the next issue.

Sack

sack316
06-11-2008, 04:56 AM
Q, not that it necessarily takes away from the moot point you are attempting to make, their worth is a far cry from "billions".

I'll admit that I don't personally know a whole lot about the GI bill, other than the fact that I have several classmates at a pretty expensive college I attend, that get paid to get their education. Along with countless other friends that did manage to get their college degree thanks to the military. Do they deserve more? Sure as hell they do... but the current GI Bill is not all smoke and mirrors as many would have you believe.

I know many a people who have used military service to build a great life for themselves in a short time that they otherwise could not have had. I also know quite a few who used all the benefits and extra monies recieved for various things as simply a means to expand their drinking budgets. out of those two groups of my friends, guess which ones are the ones who complain?

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I have a number of friends, and several relatives, who would qualify for Veterans benefits, who do not collect anything, out of their sense of honor.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Oh really? You have multiple friends and multiple relatives who qualify for veteran's benefits and politely decline to take them?

Color me skeptical. </div></div>

No response from Gayle.

As usual, every time I shine a light on her bulls**t.

sack316
06-11-2008, 11:53 AM
short reply to original question is this:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44535000/jpg/_44535297_vietnam67_ap226b.jpg

http://media.myfoxphoenix.com/mccain-tracker/pictures/mccain_pow.jpg

Sack

Vapros
06-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Everything is relative, Q-tip. You ask if McCain is fit to be President. It's either him or Barack Hussein Obama. Democrats, liberals and Muslims like Obama, except for maybe the diehard Hillary fans. Woman scorned, pal.

I'm not real comfortable with it, but I sure have to go the other way. You guys better stock up on mudpies and brickbats - four more years. Bet the rent.

Deeman3
06-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Sack,

I wonder how long it will be before the other candidates have photos like this to post up, Obama fighting in Hawawi and Hillary in the Goldwater Girls uniform?

He may be too hostile and conservative to be the next president but he sure stood up when it counted. Of course, that does not mean he will be a good president, just that he probably can't be intimidated very much by the patriots on the left.

Some good news for the rest of you. I just filled 16 - 55 gallon drums with gas yesterday afternoon. Ask Wolfdancer, this is a certain sign that the bubble will burst in a week and gas will be going for less than $2.00 a gallon or a mighty storm will hit my storage building. Have you ever tried to move a 55 gallon drum with a fork truck when it is not on a pallet? Don't!

LWW
06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PoolFool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The $58K is not for disability. He retired as an O-6. An O-6 earned about $101,000. last year. McCain retired after 23 years of service. The $58K is retirement income. It is tax exempt because of his disability. Any decent company that has a pension plan would pay over 50% of salary in retirement benefits.

PoolFool </div></div>
Thank you, and the moonbats see nothing wrong with vicious lies about American heroes.

Tell us again about how much you support our beloved service folks Gayle.

It's a real hoot.

LWW

LWW
06-11-2008, 01:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As usual, every time I shine a light on her bulls**t. </div></div>
Be careful, it burns easy.

LWW

Qtec
06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vapros</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything is relative, Q-tip. You ask if McCain is fit to be President. It's either him or Barack Hussein Obama. Democrats, liberals and Muslims like Obama, except for maybe the diehard Hillary fans. Woman scorned, pal.

I'm not real comfortable with it, but I sure have to go the other way. You guys better stock up on mudpies and brickbats - four more years. Bet the rent. </div></div>

Obama is not a Muslim. shame on them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbsihrdn-_s&eurl=http://exposeobama.com/)

Q

Gayle in MD
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't flatter youself. I'm not about to give you their names and addresses. There ARE people who are well off, who don't grab at every dollar that's coming to them, believe it or not, and in fact, yes, I know quite a few people like that, who, unlike McCain, do not collect. I realize that for a Republican, who prefers leaving their own kids burried in debt, to paying any extra taxes themselves in order to help plow America back up into the black, thanks to George Bush, and the piss poor judgement of those who voted those who voted for the idiot, might find such people of honor hard to imagine.

McCain votes against giving them the same benefits in the G.I.Bill that others who have served our country have gotten.

These guys and gals have been through hell. Sure, War is always hell, but they've carried a big load, for a long damned time, spread among relatively few people, compared to the way these operations are usually handled.

McCain made statements today that will destroy him, anyway, and there will be more and more people who have known him, even in his own party, who will eventually speak up. Even some of the old line Republicans aren't stupid enough to want to see this country in the hands of a man who is unstable.

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-12-2008, 03:14 PM

There ARE people who are well off, who don't grab at every dollar that's coming to them, believe it or not, and in fact, yes, I know quite a few people like that, who, unlike McCain, do not collect.
</div></div>

Interesting. You must know a lot of people. I doubt I have ever met more than a handful of such folks in my entire life and if I have I can't remember anyone specific.

I guess you know more rich folks who don't need it than I do.

Gayle in MD
06-12-2008, 07:47 PM
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/new-gang-of-14-wont-back-mccain-2008-06-11.html

YOU, shine a light on MY ....

That' pretty funny. I think my predictions have been a hell of a lot better than yours.

McCain's POW status should have absolutely no weight on whether he should be president. His emotional problems should exempt him from running, as one of the Republican Senators have already stated.

Oh, and BTW, the Supreme Court ruled against Bush, AGAIN, and also McCain, who would also like a dictatorship here in America, with no privacy, no habeas corpus, and plenty of international torture, of innocent people who were captured by thugs who wanted to get the bounty for them.

Nothing you can say has any impact on me, I've been watching this country go down the tubes since Bush got into office, and it's getting worse every day, and the fact that one in five Americans, RWnuts, still buy into his lies, same ones McCain is telling, doesn't surprise me at all, given the numbers on mental instability.

McCain votes against increasing financial help for our troops while he's double dipping, votes for turtore, after being tortured himself, botes for spending billions indefinitely in Iraq, when being there has worsened our circumstances, and people like you, who can't admit the colossal mess we're in, because YOU voted for it, are the last people in this country who
outhgt to be writing about exposing bull****.

Gayle in Md.
If you deny till you die, you must be a Republican

pooltchr
06-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Nothing you can say has any impact on me,
</div></div>

In other words, your mind is made up. We shouldn't try to confuse you with facts?

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Republicans never communicate in terms of facts, they either don't know them, or deny them completely.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
06-13-2008, 04:49 PM
We all know you hate Republicans. You just can't stand it when one of them points out when you are wrong. Maybe that's why you hate them so much....they frequently point out just how foolish you can be. I don't recall ever meeting anyone who was so blinded by the party line. You wouldn't recognize a fact if it jumped up and bit you on the butt.
Go ahead and be a good little party puppet. They need more like you.
Steve

mike60
06-14-2008, 09:03 PM
McCain is honorably discharged and disabled. That's enough for me.

As for voting against Vets Funding remember Jet Boy Bush landing on the carrier?
A carrier that steamed in circles off the west coast while the crew's family members
waited ashore after months of waiting. Jet Boy Bush signed off on taking BILLIONS
of dollars from the VA over years into the future and the same day flew out to proclaim VICTORY and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Putz.

mike60
06-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Deeman, I use US Royal fuel bladders. 45 gallons a pop. You can roll them up a ramp into the truck. Pretty cool. I got mine from surplus in Oakland CA cheap.

Deeman3
06-16-2008, 07:42 AM
I would have preferred the blatters but got a deal on a bunch of new barrels (free). Sort of like the strategic oil reserve, I then had to buy a pump so I'll be able to get the stuff out. I never knew the damned things weigh so much as I'm used to getting gas 24 gallons at a time in a built-in carrier, my gas tank.

Gayle in MD
06-19-2008, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all know you hate Republicans. <span style="color: #000066">I hate Republican policies, while you, OTOH, hate Democratics. </span> You just can't stand it when one of them points out when you are wrong. <span style="color: #000066">You just can't stand the fact that everything that has happened since Bush crashed into the White House, proves what a fool you were for voting for the incompetent SOB. </span> Maybe that's why you hate them so much....they frequently point out just how foolish you can be. <span style="color: #000066">LOL, the people who voted for this administration, were very foolish. </span> I don't recall ever meeting anyone who was so blinded by the party line. <span style="color: #000066">Coming from you that's a hilarious statement. </span> You wouldn't recognize a fact if it jumped up and bit you on the butt. <span style="color: #000066">Pahleeeze, my sides are splitting! </span>
Go ahead and be a good little party puppet. They need more like you. <span style="color: #000066">While seventy percent of the country is against the Republican policies which have put us into a huge mess, You're the last person that ought to be discussing partisanship! You're going to go 9out and vote for the man who has supported everything Bush has done. BAH BAH BAH! Go look in the mirror.</span>
Steve
</div></div>

pooltchr
06-19-2008, 07:04 PM
You are very good at changing the subject so you can spew your "facts" over and over. You have a very hard time addressing the subject at hand, because the facts point out that your liberal talking points are just that...a lot of hot air. So when confronted with facts, you loudly proclaim how anyone who voted for GW is an idiot. I guess that helps you feel superior. Well, if that's what it takes to make you feel good about yourself, please feel free to continue. If you want anyone on here to take you seriously, you might give up all the BS and try joining in on the discussion, rather than trying to take it over with your anti-Bush, anti-Republican, anti-conservative rhetoric.
Now, would you care to discuss whether or not McCain is entitled to his retirement benefits, or why you think he should just give it back? Or will you just continue your dummycrat ramblings?
Steve

Gayle in MD
06-22-2008, 08:39 AM
You are very good at changing the subject so you can spew your "facts" over and over. You have a very hard time addressing the subject at hand, because the facts point out that your Republican/Conservative talking points are just that...a lot of hot air. So when confronted with facts, you loudly proclaim how anyone who didn't vote for GW is an idiot. I guess that helps you feel superior. Well, if that's what it takes to make you feel good about yourself, please feel free to continue. If you want anyone on here to take you seriously, you might give up all the BS and try joining in on the discussion, rather than trying to take it over with your pro-Bush, apro-Republican, pro-conservative rhetoric.
Now, would you care to discuss whether or not McCain is entitled to his retirement benefits, in spite of his being a multi-millionaire, who doesn't need the benefits, and that he votes against increasing benefits for our troops, or why you think he should think he's qualified to be president, when he supports all the failed policies of the Bush regime? Or why it is that even Republican Senators and congressmen, can't stand the SOB, or why being a POW has to be included in every speech he makes, and every interview, and what the hell that has to do with being qualified to be president, when it is common knowledge on the Hill that he has emotional issues, and a raging temper, he has flip flipped on every major issue, from drilling off-shore, to tax cuts for the rich? Or will you just continue your dummycrat ramblings?

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
06-22-2008, 09:03 PM
If you worked for a company for 20 years, then retired, and the company had agreed to pay you retirement benefits, how likely is it that you would say "No thanks, I already have enough money."???????
Steve

Gayle in MD
06-23-2008, 06:50 AM
The fact is, Republican policies have burried this country in debt. They cut taxes, grow government, spend like sailors, start un-necessary wars to benefit their cronies, knowing full well that our kids, and now even our grand kids, will have to face a future, bleak with debt which Republicans leave in their wake.

Bill Clinton left this country better off by a long, long shot, regardless of whether one buys into the right wing jury rigging pasted together to water down his good economic policies and performance.

Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II, left disasterous consequences in their wake.

There is no way out of this mess without both addressing health care, benefits programs, AND raising taxes, creating jobs that will re-build our infrastructure, which is crumbling from neglect, and the costs of this absurd fiasco in Iraq, which MUST END!

I think given that McCain owns a number of mansions, and has been part of the Republican debt building machine, and wants to continue with it, the least he could do is not be a part of the problem, with his dirty little hand out for more tax dollars.

His millionaire wife can well afford to take care of him, just as her money aids him in his campaign. He's out there promising to increase the tax cuts even more!

I hope the day will come when some of you righties can grasp the fact that we cannot run this government, AND bail the country out of all the debt that your boy George has been running up for the last seven plus years, without raising taxes, preferably on the segment of our society that is partially responsible for bilking a large number of Americans out of their money, the filthy rich hedge funders, predatory mortgage financiers, Bush and Cheney's oil cartel, and corporate war profiteering pigs, IOW, the filthy rich, who should pay more than the middle class, since they are usually the ones who have exploited the rest of the country with campaigns like un-necessary wars. And they are the ones, like McCain flying around in corporate jets, owning a number of homes, and using up more resources.

It has been proven over and over that tax cuts for the rich, do not stimulate the economy. They don't spend the money on products, they already have everything, they invest it in their own money machines, and reap the benefits of Republican tax cuts, and subsidies, just like the oil companies have done, and without any committment to what is best for this country.

Exon spent most of their profits buying up their own stock, and a fraction of their wind fall profits for exploration. The very first thing we should do is suspend the ridiculous tax benefits for big oil, and the corporations who hide their money offshore, and outsource our jobs, and restore some of the regulations which Republicans have destroyed, so that we can eat food and buy products that won't kill us and our kids, among other things.

Reagan started the mess we're in right now, and both Bushes have dug us deeper, and created more abuse of the consumer with their corporation friendly, "go right out there and bilk the little guy" policies.

McCain's campaign is chock full of lobbyists, and he represents just another Republican who will dig us deeper into debt, while promising illogical, wealthy friendly tax cuts for the filthy rich, which we cannot afford.

McCain will be Bush on crack!
The definition of Republican Policies: fascism n. a merging of the interests of big corporations and government, adjoined with a systematic curtailment of civil liberties

Gayle in Md.

sack316
06-23-2008, 11:26 AM

There is no way out of this mess without both addressing health care, benefits programs, AND raising taxes, creating jobs that will re-build our infrastructure, which is crumbling from neglect, and the costs of this absurd fiasco in Iraq, which MUST END!
</div></div>

Heard a good quote the other day, that I think may apply. It was something along the lines of there being a "big difference between providing health <u>coverage</u> and providing health <u>care</u>". I don't recall who said it, but I do agree. I think some kind of health coverage being available to everyone would actually be a good thing if done properly... but I also know how well any government run program actually works in reality. I got to wondering if our health care system would be able to handle the influx. I mean, I've had low priority emergency room visits in which I've waited for five or six hours... I feel I may then possibly be waiting days (for example). Again, I think it is a nice thought, but also a lot more time and planning would probably be wise to see the benefits and consequences of something such as universal health care.

I think given that McCain owns a number of mansions, and has been part of the Republican debt building machine, and wants to continue with it, the least he could do is not be a part of the problem, with his dirty little hand out for more tax dollars.

His millionaire wife can well afford to take care of him, just as her money aids him in his campaign. He's out there promising to increase the tax cuts even more!

</div></div>

On some levels I actually do agree with you here. I think tax cuts (no matter who they are to) are a good thing... but IF and only IF whoever is president works at decreasing our spending proportionally to the decrease of tax revenue. In reality it will be quite some time until we can catch back up.
[/quote]

I hope the day will come when some of you righties can grasp the fact that we cannot run this government, AND bail the country out of all the debt that your boy George has been running up for the last seven plus years, without raising taxes, preferably on the segment of our society that is partially responsible for bilking a large number of Americans out of their money, the filthy rich hedge funders, predatory mortgage financiers, Bush and Cheney's oil cartel, and corporate war profiteering pigs, IOW, the filthy rich, who should pay more than the middle class, since they are usually the ones who have exploited the rest of the country with campaigns like un-necessary wars. And they are the ones, like McCain flying around in corporate jets, owning a number of homes, and using up more resources.

It has been proven over and over that tax cuts for the rich, do not stimulate the economy. They don't spend the money on products, they already have everything, they invest it in their own money machines, and reap the benefits of Republican tax cuts, and subsidies, just like the oil companies have done, and without any committment to what is best for this country.
</div></div>

I think just a fair tax to everyone is good enough, IMO. McCains ideas may not be all that great, but I don't feel Obama's would be much better. I know his proposed ideas for taxing fall right into what you are saying (it projects that lower to middle class would pay less and get some relief, but the wealthy would spend more... and I think "wealthy" was roughly between 150-200K/year), which is OK in some places and not so much in others. Someone making 200 grand a year here in Prattville, Alabama probably could be considered faily well off... that same person not so much in say New York.

Exon spent most of their profits buying up their own stock, and a fraction of their wind fall profits for exploration. The very first thing we should do is suspend the ridiculous tax benefits for big oil, and the corporations who hide their money offshore, and outsource our jobs, and restore some of the regulations which Republicans have destroyed, so that we can eat food and buy products that won't kill us and our kids, among other things.

</div></div>

Yes, because the last windfall tax on big oil worked out so well in the '80's. Indeed it is a time of record profits... along with a time of record demand worldwide (funny how that works out). This mess is so overblown it's getting rediculous. They are operating at somewhere between an 8.5-10.5% profit margin... not bad but not outlandish either. To compare, Dollar Tree operates at around 49.5% margin... but nobody is going after them so hard, and they are not in "windfall" discussions. But if the worldwide demand for cheap $1 items was as high as the demand for oil at the moment, their "windfall" record bottom line profit would be nearly five times that of oil, no? But that's an inconvenient way of looking at it (get it? lol). I do, however, agree subsidies and special breaks should be taken away. They don't need it anymore... and such funding could go to industries that may well need it for survival at the moment such as airlines or car manufacturers, etc.

Also, I don't like how more taxation for big cooperations always falls in the same discussions about outsourcing jobs. Indeed, we do need to keep more jobs here in this country. But if these companies were to pay more taxes (i.e. less going in to the bottom line) what is the first thing that would be cut to offset this extra loss? The answer would be payroll. Which country's workers does it cost the most to pay? Ours. So what would be the simple solution to a large company? Outsource the work. Simply taking away tax breaks for companies could easily be counterproductive. Maybe changing the structure of tax breaks would work... like say maybe rewarding companies who do employ and keep jobs here to offset the extra labor cost.

I omitted the rest, as it was roughly along the same lines of the things I already said. The only other thing may be the "Bush on crack" comment... to which all I can say is I thought Bush was "Bush on crack" already? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Vapros
06-23-2008, 11:53 AM
I just watched a video of one of Obama's campaign speeches. There was some pretty scary stuff in it, the worst of which was his vow, as president, to work toward a world with no nuclear weapons.

Is there anyone on this forum who believes there is any chance at all of this happening? What would he do, put all of ours in the dumpster as a sign of good faith? Mercy!!!

Gayle in MD
06-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I think that Obama has been saying that he would not increase taxes for families unless they make over $250,000.00 a year.

I think tax cuts are out of order when our country is at war. If we must go to war, which, obviously, we needn't have in the case of Iraq, then all Americans should make sacrifices, not just the families whose members are serving.

I also think that the tax cuts for American Oil, were out of line, completely. Were they supposed to be used for America's advantage, such as research, expanding refineries, and exploring renewable fuels?

They've been getting these tax subsidies, for years and years, yet they have not increased refinery capacity, or built more refineries. Naturally, why would they? Does anyone believe that the oil companies don't want to see the price of oil go higher?

Same thing with corporations. Let them move to foreign countries, if they are going to outsource our jobs, and hide their money in the Carribbean, instead of paying their already reduced corporate taxes.

Republican policies go against what is best for America. Why should we be giving tax cuts to corproations that outsource American jobs, or hide their money so that they don't pay ANY taxes?

I read the figures on how many trillions of American tax dollars are hidden by corporations in the Carribbean. I do wish I could recall the number right now. I know I posted it here.. It was many trillions.

We have to stop rewarding big business that is exploiting America for their bottom line. If they're going to hire illegals, for cheap labor, there should be a massive investigation and prosecution campaign, and they should be jailed.

When corruption combines with a lack of respect for our laws, it is a great threat to our country, and when combined with a loss of privacy, and constitutional rights, we have the makings of a serious danger threatening our way of life.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-23-2008, 12:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vapros</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Is there anyone on this forum who believes there is any chance at all of this happening? What would he do, put all of ours in the dumpster as a sign of good faith? Mercy!!! </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">I think we could, of course, trust Iran. Their President says they are only wanting nukes for their peaceful energy needs and, of course, they are just like you and me, friendly, cooperative and just needing a little discussions with Obama and others and things will be hunkie dori.

They will embrace Israel, stop the cutting off of heads and line up with the rest of the world for peace. I have no problem believing Obama. </span>

pooltchr
06-23-2008, 07:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
They will embrace Israel, stop the cutting off of heads and line up with the rest of the world for peace. I have no problem believing Obama. [/color] </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Hey Deeman, I have an original Balabushka I'm selling for only $200! Interested??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
Steve

Deeman3
06-24-2008, 05:01 AM
Steve,

I'll take three! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif