PDA

View Full Version : Nick G, The Cue Repair Guy In Queens, NY

TomBrooklyn
08-08-2002, 09:34 AM
Has anyone ever used Nick the Greek for cue repairs, especially tips and ferrule replacements? Does he do good work?

Chris Cass
08-13-2002, 10:21 AM
Hi Tom,

Did he do the BCA event in Vegas at the Riv this yr?

C.C.

TomBrooklyn
08-16-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi Chris:
I didn't get to talk to Nick until today. He wasn't at the BCA event. I get the impression he just likes to work locally. -Tom

cuechick
08-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Don't know him; but I reccomend Rolando at Amsterdam west but it takes a week to get your cue, as he lives upstate and is only there on Thursdays. He does really excellent work. Or Danny Barouty, you can find him at Corner every Monday night or pm me and I'll give you his number.

TomBrooklyn
08-16-2002, 10:07 PM
I didn't know Danny did cue repair. And whats he doing at Corner on Mondays? Why isn't he at Golden Cue looking to cash in?

9 Ball Girl
08-17-2002, 07:22 AM
Hi Tom. Danny plays in the Monday night Straight Pool league at Corner Billiards. Just curious, have you considered Pauly the cuemaker from Hall of Fame? I just got my ferrule and tip replaced by him. And he'll clean up your shaft too. I can get you his number if you'd like. Or call Hall of Fame and they'll give it to you. If you call Pauly, tell him I sent ya!

Wendy~~thanks for the lift the other night /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

TomBrooklyn
08-17-2002, 07:51 AM
Yaaa, really I figured thats what DB was doing there.

This is what bothers me about the way Pauly works. Maybe some folks have had similar experience.

With Pauly, you leave your cue stick at the pool hall. He comes in, suppossedly the next day, picks it up and takes it to his shop and then returns it to the pool hall. I hardly ever see him at the ph, although suppossedly he comes in early while I come in late. His business card does not include his address and he does not want anyone to know where he works from, although you can call him. Also, he is known for often being late on delivering new cues, although I haven't heard his repairs take a long time. On the other hand, he has done a lot of work for the locals and most recommend him. The taking my shafts away to the secret shop location and not dealing with him directly bothers me. I talked about this with Bill the other night and he thought I was being neurotic, but I think it's a reasonable concern.

Troy
08-17-2002, 10:55 AM
If I'm not at the Pool Room, a cutomer can/will leave his shaft with the counter person for me to pick up, or they can return when I'm there. I want the customer's name and phone number so I can call with any questions. Also, I do repair work from more than 1 or 2 Rooms.

My card also does NOT have an address because I do repair work at home and don't want the traffic at my house. My card does have home phone, cell phone and e-mail address.

Troy...~~~ I'm not hard to find.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>
This is what bothers me about the way Pauly works. Maybe some folks have had similar experience.

With Pauly, you leave your cue stick at the pool hall. He comes in, suppossedly the next day, picks it up and takes it to his shop and then returns it to the pool hall. I hardly ever see him at the ph, although suppossedly he comes in early while I come in late. His business card does not include his address and he does not want anyone to know where he works from, although you can call him. Also, he is known for often being late on delivering new cues, although I haven't heard his repairs take a long time. On the other hand, he has done a lot of work for the locals and most recommend him. The taking my shafts away to the secret shop location and not dealing with him directly bothers me. I talked about this with Bill the other night and he thought I was being neurotic, but I think it's a reasonable concern. <hr></blockquote>

9 Ball Girl
08-17-2002, 11:01 AM
Pauly works out of his home. He has a whole shop thingy in his house. He's not too crazy about people going over to his place although I think Naz has been there. He lives a couple of blocks away from the room and weather permitting, he'll be able to go down to the room (as you know he's wheelchair bound). Also, if you want him to meet you there, you can give him a holler and he'll come down.

As for new cues, you'll have to ask Naz about that one since Naz plays with a Pauly original. My break/jump cue that Naz had Pauly make for me was a surprise gift so I don't know the length of time involved on that one.

Pauly's got a card. You can get it at the room. He doesn't have his address on it because he doesn't want people pounding at his door.

nAz
08-17-2002, 11:18 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class=&amp;quot;small&amp;quot;&gt;Quote: Troy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; If I'm not at the Pool Room, a cutomer can/will leave his shaft with the counter person for me to pick up, or they can return when I'm there. I want the customer's name and phone number so I can call with any questions. Also, I do repair work from more than 1 or 2 Rooms.

My card also does NOT have an address because I do repair work at home and don't want the traffic at my house. My card does have home phone, cell phone and e-mail address.

Troy...~~~ I'm not hard to find.

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: TomBrooklyn:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;

With Pauly, you leave your cue stick at the pool hall. He comes in, suppossedly the next day, picks it up and takes it to his shop and then returns it to the pool hall. I hardly ever see him at the ph, although suppossedly he comes in early while I come in late. His business card does not include his address and he does not want anyone to know where he works from, although you can call him. Also, he is known for often being late on delivering new cues, although I haven't heard his repairs take a long time. On the other hand, he has done a lot of work for the locals and most recommend him. The taking my shafts away to the secret shop location and not dealing with him directly bothers me. I talked about this with Bill the other night and he thought I was being neurotic, but I think it's a reasonable concern. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Like he says Tom pauly does not want the traffic coming to his home if you need to talk to him in person he will come to HOF at a set time. and ferrule wrok is done pretty quickly.
as for his new cues not being done on time that i understand come becuase custormers seem to change there minds on cue design at the last minute. then again he does not want to rush his work.