PDA

View Full Version : "Big Browm's" Belmont Mystery

Sid_Vicious
06-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok, maybe sour grapes here with losing some cash, yet that horse was staged in the final turn just like the way he was in the first two races, and yet the jockey pulled him up and lost, saying the horse just didn't have it that day. All the checkups were clean, no mucus, he scoped clear, so I have to ask, "How much would a jockey take in $$$ in the Caymans to throw such an immense betting pool like this race?" Some very, very big money on that horse, so losing would really make a ton of money for those in the know. I've not read anywhere of any suspicions such as this, but I wonder mhy not.

That horse certainly looked like he did in the prevoious two races, postured for run at the head of the streatch JUST like the other races, and HE GETS PULLED BACK?! It sure feels mysterious to me...sid

dg-in-centralpa
06-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Sid,
I agree with you. Rick Dutrow, the trainer, is blaming the jockey for losing. I didn't play much on him, figuring something would happen and he'd lose. BB was being pulled up at the first turn. He should have been left to run.

Duane

sack316
06-13-2008, 02:56 PM
My #1 rule in sports betting... I won't ever take the sure thing, especially when it's hyped up to the point that this was. Something always seems to happen... big brown, Patriots, etc.

I think the jockey lost it too, but I also kinda feel bad for him being in a catch 22 situation. Leading up to the Belmont, there was nothing but talk about the previous race and how the horse shoulda been protected and not run so hard, etc. In this case the jockey claims something seemed wrong to him, and he's taking flack for supposedly protecting Big Brown. HAd he run him hard, and something tragic were to happen, he'd be blasted for that too.

Sack

Sid_Vicious
06-14-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't disagree with over running the horse, but what I saw in Brown's run all during that race was a replica of his two won races, to me there was a picture perfect race up until the pull back while the horse was positioned in the perfect place for the stretch sprint. Horse racing has always had a black eye for the underworld getting to jockeys, and when you look at the amount of betting on this horse, it pokes at me whether there is a sizable bank account somewhere with the jockey's name on it. I would hope that the racing commission and the IRS keeps a close eye on this, and makes an example of it if and when there are facts to back up my suspicion. Big Brown's head was IMO held higher than the competing horses through most of the last 1/3 of the track leading into the final turn, which to me appeared as an obvious attempt to stall the power from that champion, unless it was for saving him for the stretch. THEN the pullback, in a perfect position for the sprint. Just doesn't make sense after the clean bill of health which followed. All of us common folks looking for a Triple Crown, wagering with all the various powerhouses of betting venues, may have just been pawns for "someone's" sleazy gain. Sucks if it's so...sid

Sid_Vicious
06-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks Duane, I feel better that someone else is looking at the blame on the jockey. Nothing will get anybody's money back for that bet, but I'd like the "chickens to come home to roost" on the real reason, for the sake of the sport if nothing else...sid

dg-in-centralpa
06-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Sid,
If you watch a replay, the jockey is pulling up in the first turn. BB's head is going everywhere but where it should be. Then he finally gets to the outside.

Duane

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3FO-2pIX4kU