PDA

View Full Version : cue case "blanks"

skippy9baller
06-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Would anyone here know of a source to buy just bare, uncovered, cases. I was thinking of a case similar to a Fellini style case, but any hard shelled case would be great.

I would like to try some different case designs. I am trying to find out if case makers just buy pre-made cases and then cover them or do they make the whole case from scratch.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Skippy

Rich R.
06-16-2008, 06:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skippy9baller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would anyone here know of a source to buy just bare, uncovered, cases. I was thinking of a case similar to a Fellini style case, but any hard shelled case would be great.

I would like to try some different case designs. I am trying to find out if case makers just buy pre-made cases and then cover them or do they make the whole case from scratch.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Skippy
_______________ </div></div>
I'm not a case maker, but, to the best of my knowledge, there is no sourse for pre-made case blanks. Depending on the type of case, I believe they are made from the ground up. I'm sure there are certain parts which can be purchased, but most of them are not exclusive to cue cases.

SpiderMan
06-16-2008, 09:29 AM
There were several pretty good threads on case-making a few years ago. Search the archives for "Mr Hanky" or "Christmas Poo".

SpiderMan

skippy9baller
06-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the replies. After more research, it does seem that the cases are built completely by the case maker. I am very interested in learning where to source the plastic components to build my own case. Has anybody here tried this before? I've tried to do a search on this forum, but I keep getting database errors. I have some design ideas that are different from anything I've seen out there. I'd like to do some experimenting.

Cheers,
Skippy

Rich R.
06-19-2008, 09:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skippy9baller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the replies. After more research, it does seem that the cases are built completely by the case maker. I am very interested in learning where to source the plastic components to build my own case. Has anybody here tried this before? I've tried to do a search on this forum, but I keep getting database errors. I have some design ideas that are different from anything I've seen out there. I'd like to do some experimenting.

Cheers,
Skippy </div></div>
Try calling and talking to some of the case makers. Although some may be very paranoid and won't help at all, I'm sure some are very secure in their own ability and will be very helpful. They may even give you some pointers on how to get started, if you talk to them real nice.
The worst thing that could happen is that they all tell you to get lost, so you will be no worse off than you are today.

Deeman3
06-20-2008, 07:29 AM
As Spiderman said, we discussed this a time ago and some of us amde a few cases, more for education and fun than anything else. I still use several I made and enjoyed the process.

The biggest problem is I still have 70% of all the cowhides, snake skins and stuff I aquired for the task.

I never throw anything away except my vote.

SpiderMan
06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
That information may also be gleaned from the earlier threads I referenced. Go and seek .....

SpiderMan

skippy9baller
06-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Rich R....I think I'll try your suggestion and just give a few guys a call and see what help I can get. Hopefully, someone will be willing to help. I have some ideas for covering the cases that I haven't seen. I won't be using any type of leather, snakeskin, vinyl, etc.

DeeMan and SpiderMan... I've been trying to search the message boards for several days but every search I do results in a UBB database error that look like the following...

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Database error only visible to forum administrators

Please click back to return to the previous page.

Do you guys get this error too.

Thanks for the help.
Skippy

MAC
06-21-2008, 09:57 AM
This problem has been present for a while, its just a inconvenience I've learned to deal with.

SpiderMan
06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Same here. I guess that's just one more messed-up thing about the new CCB software. It will be a shame if all the old posts are lost, similar to our old private messages.

SpiderMan