PDA

View Full Version : Straight man accidently see "Sex in the City"

Deeman3
06-16-2008, 03:46 PM
A self-styled heterosexual man from Akron, Ohio, said today that he was "traumatized" over the weekend after attending a showing of the new Sarah Jessica Parker film "Sex and the City."

Hendrick Colton, 34, said that he bought a ticket to the summer blockbuster "Iron Man" at his neighborhood multiplex but wandered into the theater showing "Sex and the City" instead. "The minute the movie came on, I knew something was terribly, terribly wrong," he said.

Mr. Colton, a sales clerk at a Home Depot in the Akron suburbs, said he tried to leave the theater immediately but was seated in the middle of a row, making it impossible to escape without causing commotion. "All the people around me were laughing their heads off and shouting, 'You go, girl!'" he said.

"It was terrifying."

A spokesman for New Line Cinema, the company that released "Sex and the City," said that the film grossed $55 million over the weekend but that Mr. Colton was the only heterosexual man known to have seen it.

Friends of Mr. Colton who spoke on condition of anonymity said that the Akron man seemed shaken by the experience of seeing the movie and was concerned that others might now doubt his longstanding claim of being heterosexual.

Davis Logsdon, a professor of human sexuality at the University of Minnesota, said that a straight man could attend a film such as "Sex and the City" without experiencing any change in his sexual identity.

"A heterosexual man could see that movie and remain heterosexual at its conclusion," Dr. Logsdon said. "Having said that, it's totally gay that he did that."

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
I used to watch the series once in a while just to stay in touch with my feminine side.
The movie, I'm afraid, would be overkill.

Deeman3
06-17-2008, 07:30 AM
I am ashamed to say I have avoided it as much as Brokeback Mountain. The last time I got in touch with my feminine side, I was afraid I'd like it too much and not switch back. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
06-17-2008, 09:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am ashamed to say I have avoided it as much as Brokeback Mountain. </div></div>No reason to be ashamed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
06-17-2008, 11:45 AM
some time ago I was duped into watching it. Actually it was and few years back. I was pretty darn sick... laid up on the couch a drugged up. The future Mrs. Sack at the time came over to tend to me. I knew she liked the show, and would otherwise be bored out of her mind just watching me lying there on what felt like my deathbed. So I introduced her to my (at the time) new and fancy On Demand service... and as far as I can recall no less than 2 full seasons were watched that night.

The next few weeks were hazy to me... when I finally came to I recall snapping into reality wearing assless chaps and a leather hat, listening to techno music... I came straight home and took a long hot bubble bath with aroma therapy candles.

Sack

Chopstick
06-19-2008, 09:05 AM
LOl /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You guys know why they canceled the show?

Because those girls had already had sex with everyone in they city and they didn't want to rename it "Sex in the Tri-county area". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

SpiderMan
06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I've never seen that series (TV broke before it came out, and I haven't replaced it), but can someone tell me why it's considered faggy? Just from the title, I would expect it to be about men f*cking women, not each other (as in Brokeback Mountain) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Deeman3
06-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Spiderman:

I think mostly as it was a metrosexual, fashion centered, emotional baggage show with no pantsuits in plain sight. While the staory lines may have been mostly about these women jumping into bed with anything that moved, the focus on NYC and the fashion may have attracted a gay male audience.

Being a non-sexist guy, I allowed DeeWoman to watch it in the back room but she quickly gave up on it as not very good. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I would not, of course, watch it because of the obvious exploitative nature of the program toward the women. Plus, there was not that much nudity. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOl /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You guys know why they canceled the show?

Because those girls had already had sex with everyone in they city and they didn't want to rename it "Sex in the Tri-county area". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

A Rodney Dangerfield joke.

mike60
06-19-2008, 01:49 PM
LOL

mike60