PDA

View Full Version : Glendale CA, billiards, looking for a hall...

Rival Crown
06-17-2008, 06:04 PM
hey guys,

I'm looking for a pool hall for my little cousin. He's 11 or 12 years old, and is really into pool. I taught him pool when he used to live with me. He has a pool stick, and reads the books I gave him. Are there any moderately safe, or family friend pool halls around the Glendale, CA area. His parents, don't really speak too much english. I'm just trying to raise my lil cousin to be a pool hustler, that's all. Encouraging the love for the game. I'd go there with him, but I live closer to the San Francisco area. Let me know if you know any places that has pool tables where kids can play, or even under the watch and guidance of a grown up. thanks guys,

--Rival

Vapros
06-17-2008, 06:33 PM
I hope you find what you are looking for, but surely you aren't hoping he will be a pool hustler. A player, maybe, but not a hustler. Use another word. Life is very tough for a hustler, and it's no goal to aspire to.

Rival Crown
06-17-2008, 10:38 PM
thanks Vapros. Well, I tell my little cousin, playing pool is in our blood, and show him all the videos online of Efren Reyes, Bustamante, and Pagulayan. He just came from the islands a year ago. WHen he was at my house, he had a lot of fire to learn and play. Getting at head start at 11 y/o , he has the potential to be a killer player someday, if that's the path he chooses. Nah, I don't encourage him to be a hustler, per se, but to have a leg up on his opponents for when he gets into college, or turns into an adult. Plus, I want him to do sports, and to stay away from gangs, or stupidity that comes from, not being active or having something to positive to focus on.

bmccaslin
06-18-2008, 09:31 AM
I was in Burbank visiting my parents over Christmas last year, and played at Fantasia Billiards on N. San Fernando. It was a nice place with about 20 nine foot tables, in good condition.

I know Glendale is a little bit of distance away for someone without a car, but it was a nice place.

Rival Crown
06-18-2008, 05:58 PM
BMCCASLIN, great recommendation. I looked it up, saw the website, looks like a really nice play where a father can bring his son. Thanks guys!