PDA

View Full Version : Hope and Change?????

pooltchr
06-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Has anyone beside me noticed that the candidate who wants to "Change the way things are done in Washington" is building his core staff from many who served the Clinton presidency? Is this the way to change the way things are done?
Obama is just another Chicago Democrat in a new package. Inside, it's the same old crap!
Steve

Deeman3
06-20-2008, 12:06 PM
He is also going back on his promise to use public funding of his general election campaign. Is anything this guy says to be believed?

Now, Factcheck has killed his claim that John McCain gets money from corporate donors (1.7%). Busted like the shady politician Hillary told us he was.

eg8r
06-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Looks like he is offering the same change Nancy Pelosi offered...NO CHANGE.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Thank God he's smart enough to hire them. Clinton was the first two term Democratic President since FDR. As long as we get rid of the Republicans we will have change for the better, considering the huge mess they're made.

The definition of Republican Policies: fascism n. a merging of the interests of big corporations and government, adjoined with a systematic curtailment of civil liberties

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
06-22-2008, 09:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God he's smart enough to hire them. <span style="color: #FF0000">I'm not sure he's all that smart. I think he is a puppet and someone is pulling his strings. Listen to him when he gets off his script! </span> Clinton was the first two term Democratic President since FDR. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Big deal</span> As long as we get rid of the Republicans we will have change for the better, <span style="color: #FF0000">If Obama gets elected, I sincerely hope you don't live to eat those words. </span> considering the huge mess they're made.

The definition of Republican Policies: fascism n. a merging of the interests of big corporations and government, adjoined with a systematic curtailment of civil liberties <span style="color: #FF0000"> I love it when you repeat liberal talking points, rather than trying to come up with an original thought.</span>

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I'm starting to think that you are a lost cause. 3 months ago, you couldn't come up with anything good to say about Obama. Now that HC has been shown the door, I guess he's your guy, huh?
Steve </span>

Gayle in MD
06-23-2008, 07:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love it when you repeat liberal talking points, rather than trying to come up with an original thought.

</div></div>
Actually, Steve, I've been saying that for years, I don't need to use other people's ideas to bash the Republicans, all I have to do is watch them operate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm starting to think that you are a lost cause. <span style="color: #000066">coming from you I take that as a compliment! </span> 3 months ago, you couldn't come up with anything good to say about Obama. Now that HC has been shown the door, I guess he's your guy, huh?

<span style="color: #000066">And I suppose you were for McCain from the start? Pot, Kettle, Pot, Kettle.....

Hillary was my candidate out of those available after Biden didn't do well. the man I wanted from the start was the former governor of Virginia, Mark Warner, but he didn't run. Your point, if it can be called that, is moot! None of us have the candidates we wished for, including you! Although, I'm probably giving you too much credit to assume that you wouldn't have chosen McCain from the start! Especially since you're sold on the party which has created more debt than at any time in our history with their fantasy war in Iraq, and their tax cuts for the rich, during war time! Atleast I'm not dumb enough to go out and vote for a Republican, who has flip flopped on everything!</span>

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Gayle in MD
06-24-2008, 08:34 AM
McCain completely reversed his own campaign finance promises. Guess you didn't notice?

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-24-2008, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McCain completely reversed his own campaign finance promises. Guess you didn't notice?

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Yes, i did notice and that's about the only things I agree with him on.</span>

Gayle in MD
06-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Try to imagine if Obama's campaign had people like McCain's campaign, full of lobbyists, and several of them having past connections to rogue nations, tyrants, and even Iran.

OMG! Swift Boaters would be in pig heaven!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
06-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Dee,
The Dems are all for public funded campaigns when they are behind in the funding process. Obama has tapped a whole new way to raise money, so now, public funding wouldn't be a good idea.

If they could find someone to reach as many people as Rush every day, they would probably flip-flop on the fairness doctrine as well!

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-25-2008, 07:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Dems are all for public funded campaigns when they are behind in the funding process. Obama has tapped a whole new way to raise money, so now, public funding wouldn't be a good idea.
</div></div>

Obama wasn't the first candidate to use the internet for his campaign. There's nothing new about what he's doing, and in fact, McCain did the same thing himself, before.

So what's your beef, anyway? There's nothing illegal about raising money on the internet. You're just angry because McCain can't raise as much money. He changed his game on raising campaign funds, too, once he found out he was going to need to do so.

McCain is in no position to be yapping about flip flipping, that's for sure!

Gayle in Md.

sack316
06-25-2008, 03:48 PM
actually I thought McCain was pretty close in last months numbers? could be wrong or could have heard some bad information, but I thought it was relatively neck and neck since Hillary bowed out?

I guess personally I don't see Obama's switch being anything surprising. He's doing what he's gotta do. It's just an easy thing for those of us on the right to say "flip flop" about. Even I can see that... and will likely use it at a later date /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Vapros
06-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Once upon a time there was a lieutenant (probably a 2nd lieutenant) who said to a sergeant, "The men in your outfit stink! Make them change their underwear." So the sergeant had Moore change with Kitowski, and Freeman change with Schneider, and Capps change with Autrey, etc. The change was completed, but the smell didn't get any better at all.

Politics is generally the same.

Deeman3
06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
06-27-2008, 10:08 AM
:)Atleast you're honest about it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif