PDA

View Full Version : The Enron Loophole

Qtec
06-20-2008, 07:11 AM
..or, 'Why the price of gas is so high.'

video (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/19/countdown-mccain-oil-and-the-enron-loophole/)

The price of oil is being manipulated- just like the price for energy was manipulated by Enron in Ca.
McCain is in with these guys up to his neck. He doesn't have a clue on economics so he is a prime candidate for manipulation- just like GW .
Vote McCain and you vote for Exxon and other such companies running the country, just like they did under Bush.

Q...........

Chopstick
06-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Yes, the price is being manipulated. No, McCain has got nothing to do with it. Neither does George Bush. Drilling for more oil will make no difference in the price. It is currently double what the actual supply/demand numbers put it at. It has created an artificial bubble in the oil market and we know what happens to those. The bad thing is, investment firms that hold peoples 401Ks are eyeball deep in this and when the bubble bursts a lot of people are going to get hurt.

I have done research on this issue myself. I have not finished tracking down all of the details. It goes beyond the US and there are many more parties involved. I am not going to post anything about it until I have finished. If you want to read about it start here:

Oil Speculation (http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=8878)

LWW
06-21-2008, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..or, 'Why the price of gas is so high.'

video (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/19/countdown-mccain-oil-and-the-enron-loophole/)

The price of oil is being manipulated- just like the price for energy was manipulated by Enron in Ca.
McCain is in with these guys up to his neck. He doesn't have a clue on economics so he is a prime candidate for manipulation- just like GW .
Vote McCain and you vote for Exxon and other such companies running the country, just like they did under Bush.

Q........... </div></div>
Isn't it amazing that ENRON (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron) ran a complete fraud all through the 1990's, in fact their stock peaked just before the 2000 election at $90.00 per share, right under the nose of the regulator's in the Clinton administration.

They gave a little over $900,000.00 (http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/5/14/124745.shtml) to Clinton and Gore and the DNC ... most in "SOFT MONEY" contributions during the 96/98/00 election cycles. The Clintonista saw that ENRON received some sweetheart deals also.

What's even more amazing is that they came hat in hand to the Bush administration expecting the game would still be played they same way, yet B-B-B-BOOOOSH! (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,197666,00.html) gave them nothing.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even Robert Rubin, the Clinton Treasury Secretary who dialed up on behalf of Enron's creditors at Citigroup, was turned away by Bush officials.</div></div>
What's still MORE amazing is the number of moonbats who will deny all evidence and timing, even tough they lived through it, and give the Clintonista a pass and will howl B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! ... B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! ... B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH! at the Moon, completely oblivious to how stupidly partisan they are behaving.

Simply mind boggling that people can be brainwashed and manipulated so easily?

It is impossible for the rational mind to understand?

Yet, we see it every day.

LWW

pooltchr
06-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Obama thinks that drilling for oil in our country won't have any impact on the price of gas. He thinks drilling in ANWR won't help the price of gas. Then he accuses McCain of flip-flop because he said this week that we should open up oil exploration on our own land. Of course, the dem's overlooked the fact that it didn't make much sense when oil was $30 a barrel, while it makes a lot of sense at $140 per barrel.
A wise man once said, when the facts change, my opinion might well change.
What's Obama's plan?

If we would lift the restrictions on oil exploration, that alone would send a message that would have the oil speculators shaking in their boots. Oil prices are in a bubble right now, just as the dot-com industry was a few years ago, and as the housing market has been. When the bubble bursts, the prices will drop. What better way to burst the middle east control of the oil market that to go after it on our own.

Now why are the Dem's against this idea. It's quite simple. As long as gas prices remain high, the average voter will blame the current administration. Do the Dem's care what we have to pay for gas? No way! They want things as screwed up as possible in hopes of taking advantage of it in November. The Dem controlled congress isn't going to do a damn thing to ease the problem as long as there is a Republican in the White House. When those idiots start putting the interests of our country ahead of their self interests, we might see things improve. Until then, we are at their mercy.

Yes, gas prices are being manipulated....by CONGRESS!
Steve

LWW
06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When those idiots start putting the interests of our country ahead of their self interests, we might see things improve.
Steve </div></div>
The last DNC nominee who did this, IMHO, was HHH.

This one:

http://www.medaloffreedom.com/HubertHumphreyMayor.jpeg

Not this one:

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/news/images/0802/hhhhammer.jpg

LWW

sack316
06-21-2008, 11:46 PM
LWW, the Hunter-Hearst variety of your HHH's may not be a bad pick anyway. At least we know we'd get some things done. Or at the very least, we'd have a lively fella to go against Obama in debates. It would sound just like the old HHH vs. The Rock fueds on the microphone. I've been trying to figure out a way to keep up the excitement of the 3 way dance we had until recently, I think you just figured it out my friend /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
06-22-2008, 05:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW, the Hunter-Hearst variety of your HHH's may not be a bad pick anyway. At least we know we'd get some things done. Or at the very least, we'd have a lively fella to go against Obama in debates. It would sound just like the old HHH vs. The Rock fueds on the microphone. I've been trying to figure out a way to keep up the excitement of the 3 way dance we had until recently, I think you just figured it out my friend /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack </div></div>

Great idea. Maybe rather than "Hope and Change", Obama needs to change his campaign slogan to "CAN YOU SMELLLLL WHAT BARAK IS COOKIN?"! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
06-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks Q, good info. Chralie Rose, and Bill Moyers, both available on PBS.org, have aired programs which explore the subject fully, and largely support the information which you link.

There is no question that the price is being manipulated. When the Oil Executives testified, even the Exon CEO said as much. Of course, when he was pressed about how much of his subsidies which Cheney and Bush so generously doled out to the oil companies, supposedly in order to research renewable fuels, and increase refineries, in order to avoid such a situation as we have now, Exon had the lowest investments, miserably low.

McCain's BS statements about drilling off our shores, a total joke. Proof of either his compromised intellect, or his decietful intention of bottom line only policies, just as we have had with Bush. Our coastlines provide 60 billion dollars annually in recreation and jobs for America, and the oil companies havent used the 68 million acres they already have for drilling. This is absurd.

The oil companies already have 68 million acres of leases not being used. All of this bs about conservationists (Tree hugging Democratics, as the Republicans like to paint them) preventing offshore drilling as being the cause of our energy problems, or the solution, is just more Republican politization used to divert the Republican role in their perpetual green light to CEO Corporate pigs, to proceed without conscience, gouge the hell out of the American public, as long as the money flows upward, and they can continue to award their elitist billionaire, millionaire fascists corporate pigs with taxpayers dolars which are not spent to solve the problems of our country, but rather increase the void between the rich and the middle class. The War On Terror is the biggest con game ever prosecuted against America.

Financial Institutions, hedge funders, and basically Crooks Inc., know that as long as Republicans own the White House, they have a green light to gouge Americans on every level. A quick study of Bush's policies prove that his every stance is pro wealthy CEO's, in both the energy industry, and in his handling of China, which has gouged us left and right, and poisoned us with their products, and Mexico, slowly poisoning us, and invading our country, in order to provide the Corporate Pigs with cheap labor, while our own people can't find jobs.

Corporations can make profits without devastating the American people, but when Republicans are running the show, we have secret energy policy meetings, behind closed doors, no oversight of our borders, super highways secretly on the agenda, Corporate financial institutions which use predatory lending practices, setting the country up for disaster, utilizing enron loopholes, a Republican measure, and a cottage industry for torture, in a misbegotten war, which Bush wants to promote for as long as possible. After all, his and Cheney's cronies, the corporate fascist pigs of Halliburton, and the Bush family's former cronies, and are the only beneficiaries of his War On Terror, while American families sacrifice their kids to make the rich, richer.

Any vote for John MCCain, is a vote for more of the same. Secret government, hidden away from we the people, agasint our collective interests, to benefit the rich, and it is disgusting how easily the Republican supporters are bought off with a measly tax cut, while Republicans are destroying the entire country.

A quick comparison of the Bush administration years, and the Clinton years, should be reason enough for people to realize the devastation that Republican policies bring to our people. McCain's support of torture, his lobbyist laden Campaign, his dishonest statements about Iraq, his intention to continue with a tax structure which has been proven to favor the wealthy, and allow them to hide their money offshore, avoiding the bulk of their own taxes, as they gouge the rest of us, and his serious emotional issues, should be enough to open even the eyes of the sheep. Should be, but most likely won't be.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
06-22-2008, 07:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slight of hand?
The Bush administration is finally facing tough questions about its selective use of intelligence in selling war with Iraq. But Americans shouldn't just be skeptical of what the president says about WMD. They should be skeptical of what he says about GDP. In economic policy even more than in war policy, the Bushies have successfully suppressed, manipulated, and withheld evidence to serve their policy purposes.

Of course every administration likes to trumpet its good news and hide its bad, but what's remarkable about the Bush team is its willingness to stifle data that had been widely released and to politicize data that used to be nonpartisan.

</div></div>

Our problems have been created by so called conservatives, who have spent us into ten trillion dollars of debt, with accumulating intersst.

Afghanistan and Pakistan, where the terrorists operate, are falling into radical hands, as Iraq, heats back up to a multi fractured insurgency, better armed now, than ever before, thanks to Bush's paying them with our money. Pakistan, where the true nuclear threat existed and still exists, was overlooked so that Halliburton, and other former Bush cronies, coincidentally, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif are making record profits.

Where people are operating legally, and honorably, there is no need for unprecedented secrecy.

The constant deciet, and incompetence of this administration, is what we will get more of with John McCain running the show. He is a radical little bundle of power mongering, back stabbing, self serving, dictatorship.

But then, as long as the sheep get their little tax cut, and the debt is on the rise as the Republicans borrow us into a dollar with no value, and a debt that is unprecedented, the sheep won't mind.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
06-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I have learned long ago that trying to explain anything to you is like beating your head against a wall...you don't get anywhere and you end up with a headache. However, I will state ONCE AGAIN, that there is absolutely NOTHING conservative about the fiscal record of this administration.
Steve

DickLeonard
06-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Pooltchr both Reagan and Bush misrepresented themselves as Conservatives. Their plan was to sink the country into Massive Debt in order to destroy the SS system.

There is no other reason that I can think of to explain their total lack of Conservative Policies.####

Gayle in MD
06-23-2008, 07:30 AM
One word.....Fascism!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The definition of Republican Policies: fascism n. a merging of the interests of big corporations and government, adjoined with a systematic curtailment of civil liberties.

</div></div>

Steve can't be reasoned with, Dick, he thinks we didn't stay long enough in Vietnam! That should give you a good example of how totally out of touch with reality he really is. It's a Republican thing!
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
06-23-2008, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have learned long ago that trying to explain anything to you is like beating your head against a wall... <span style="color: #000066">Really! That's interesting, since what you should have learned is that you can't have your own facts, only your own opinion, and you can't change my mind, since you don't know what you're talking about. </span> you don't get anywhere and you end up with a headache. <span style="color: #000066">Actually, it is you who gets no where, with me, hence, I advised you long ago, that since you cannot abide a different opinion from your own, and can't post in a civil manner, you should stop reading my posts, but you can't help yourself, you're addicted to them! </span> However, I will state ONCE AGAIN, that there is absolutely NOTHING conservative about the fiscal record of this administration.

<span style="color: #000066">And I will state AGAIN, there is absolutely nothing fiscally conservative about John McCain's policies, and nothing logical about his foreign policies, but that surely won't stop you from voting the party lines.

I can assure you, if a Democratic President had created this so called "Conservative" MESS, and been supported by a Democratic majority, I sure as hell wouldn't be voting Democratic in the next election, so don't aim all that partisan BS at me, Steve, it was your votes, twice, that helped us get into this mess. I hardly think you should be the one to be condescending toward me, given your past voting record, and the devastating results which have unfolded, compliments of your boy George! </span>

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

pooltchr
06-23-2008, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have learned long ago that trying to explain anything to you is like beating your head against a wall... <span style="color: #000066">Really! That's interesting, since what you should have learned is that you can't have your own facts, only your own opinion, <span style="color: #FF0000">I'm sorry, I should have known that you are the only one who can have their own facts! </span> and you can't change my mind, <span style="color: #FF0000"> That, I agree with. You are so blinded by the Liberal left that you refuse to even consider the possibility that what they have been feeding you is somewhat less than the truth. </span> since you don't know what you're talking about. </span> <span style="color: #FF0000"> I probably know more than you think, but since you are not open to anyone's opinion if it doesn't follow the DNC talking points, you will never know.</span> you don't get anywhere and you end up with a headache. <span style="color: #000066">Actually, it is you who gets no where, with me, hence, I advised you long ago, that since you cannot abide a different opinion from your own, and can't post in a civil manner, you should stop reading my posts, but you can't help yourself, you're addicted to them! </span> <span style="color: #FF0000">You give yourself too much credit. Your posts are kinda like reading the comics in the Sunday paper. Funny, but hardly anything worth spending much time thinking about. </span> However, I will state ONCE AGAIN, that there is absolutely NOTHING conservative about the fiscal record of this administration.

<span style="color: #000066">And I will state AGAIN, there is absolutely nothing fiscally conservative about John McCain's policies, and nothing logical about his foreign policies, but that surely won't stop you from voting the party lines. <span style="color: #FF0000"> It's not an issue of party lines. Both candidates stink...but Obama is ready to push for the destruction of this country, and I can't support that.</span>

I can assure you, if a Democratic President had created this so called "Conservative" MESS, and been supported by a Democratic majority, I sure as hell wouldn't be voting Democratic in the next election, so don't aim all that partisan BS at me, Steve, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Your Dem majority in congress hasn't done anything to impress anyone...their disapproval rating is even worse than GW's!</span> it was your votes, twice, that helped us get into this mess. I hardly think you should be the one to be condescending toward me, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Now, now, Gayle...don't let your feelings get hurt here.</span> given your past voting record, and the devastating results which have unfolded, compliments of your boy George! </span>

Gayle in Md.

</div></div> </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> What's condesending? If you are going to post like a child, expect responses that treat you that way.
Steve</span>

Gayle in MD
06-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Republicans have provided us with the greatest debt, the shakiest economy, the worst reputation, and the most dysfunctional government, ever.

Bush's determination to thwart information on the dangers of Global Warming, which many Republican supporters choose to completely neglect, as a serious and urgent matter, is bad enough, but his proven use of propaganda, about Iraq, about Global Warming, about our massive debt, should open the eyes of even the Republican, right wing, voters.

He has promoted the dependence on foreign oil, and kept our country on a destructive path, growing more dependent on foreign oil, as he blocks any progress of scientific advances which would release us from our National Security threat, dependence on foreign oil, and save our planet.

Although the most respected Scientists in the world agree that we have reached the tipping point, even faster than they originally predicted, George Bush has been paying organizations to protest their findings, ridicule their predictions and the results of their studies. this he has done in the interests of big oil, and against the interests of the entire planet.

Enron, and the Enron loophole, is but a mere comma in the many ways in which this administration has represented big oil, and promoted a continuing dependence on rogue, oil rich nations, who fund the war that kills American troops, with the money we pay them for oil. We have no energy policy, just as we have no exit plan from Iraq.

Even if the right doesn't believe the results of scientific studies, and unprecedented warnings from NASA Scientists, and many others around the world, it cannot be denied that Bush has represented big oil, and the Middle East Oil Cartel, with wwhom his family, and Dick Cheney, have had decades old ties, and not America's best interests.

Your insults, and those of other right wing Republicans who post here, are a statement about you, and your own denial of factual information, which truly is undeniable.

No president has ever hurt this country like the one you voted for, twice. Attacking those of us who highlight all the resulting damage of his policies, all of which are supported by John McCain, and the Republikin, Arab Friendly, Oil Addiction program, is a commentary to lack of correct information. Your arrogance shows no humility for your on-going, lack of judgement as regards current circumstances resulting from Bush, and the Republican Party.

George Bush has cost this country seven years which could have been a time of working for greater conservation, advances in alternative, clean fuels, like wind, solar, and others, and the end of dependence on foreign oil. Instead, his policies have advanced our foreign oil dependence, and given big oil extra years to be completely irresponsible, continue to exploit our dependence, and further the resulting stress on our environment, and the future of the planet.

You can understand, I'm sure, why your nasty posting style is so ironic to me, given your poor accuracy record. Bush has turned out to be exactly what I originally anticipated. A CEO for Corporate Oil fascist pigs, both foreign and domestic, who has been the worst president in our history.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
06-24-2008, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pooltchr both Reagan and Bush misrepresented themselves as Conservatives.</div></div>Even though you tend to be much too "left" for me at least you are able to grasp the reality of what has transpired (the others who are as far left as you don't have this gift /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ). Gayole on the other hand has a head full of cement. I have never met anyone with such a thick barrier to common sense as she has. I don't agree with your opinion of their "plan", but I definitely agree W was not a Conservative even though he likes to think he is. The reason to explain W's total lack of Conservative policies is simple, he is not a Conservative.

eg8r