PDA

View Full Version : What else have you people been hiding from me?

sack316
06-22-2008, 12:05 AM
ok, yeah sounds like it should be a political thread, but it's not so feel free to turn away (or rather stay... not sure which is better right now).

But anyway, a real quick background... Sacky boy has been down the last few days. I realized that for personal reasons (demons most of you know about already) I'm gonna have to leave my current job that I love to death. Y'all know the deal, same song and dance I've been doing for the last five plus years or so. At least this time, I was aware enough to catch myself before any trouble was to occur... or any major trouble at least.

BUT, being as that I was working for some very close friends of mine... I've felt extremely guilty in letting them down... on top of the usual guilt and shame of my circumstance. Then, as a true sign of karma, after the "event" the other evening, I find my beloved TV has finally bit the dust. I knew it was coming, but was hoping it would still hold out a little while.

At any rate, I saw this as an excuse to finally buy a new TV I've been trying to talk myself into for years. Finally hopping on the HD bandwagon, and hopefully finally seeing why I shelled out so much moolah for a PS3 in the first place. I decided not to go crazy (i.e. a 60 inch was quite tempting, but not so wise considering my newly unemployed status). So I finally settled on a decent deal I found on a Toshiba 42" widescreen LCD 1080p. Got it home, hooked everything up... and I must say instant cheer up! I've spent the last few hours seeing things in my games I couldn't see before... downloading blu-ray movies just to see how cool they might look... the whole nine. I mean, I always knew it was better, but I hadn't really ever taken the time to see what a difference it really is. I am currently in awe...

On a side negative note... in my shopping experience the last two days... I got zippo in help from Wal-Mart (which I half expected anyway, was just trying to find a bottom line price anyway). I then shopped around some this evening, and found a decent deal at Target on one I liked... problem being I never could get anyone back there to help me. What kind of place just allows a big ticket sale to just wander around looking for someone pushing the call button for help? I wound up at Circuit City of all places... and found them to be actually quite helpful. Maybe they learned their lesson from years ago, as it has been quite some time since I'd even set foot in their stores due to poor service. I wound up going more "name brand" over there, and spent a few bucks more than I probably could have on something similar elsewhere, but I'm happy to pay a little more for some service and respect.

But yeah, point being that this HD thing is as cool as they all make it sound. Now I just can't wait to watch my cubbies tomorrow night on ESPNHD for the first time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Oh, and hoping to not accidentally tune into Nancy Grace now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack