PDA

View Full Version : Rule? Dog moves cue ball on table!

Billy_Bob
06-22-2008, 09:51 AM
I was playing 8-ball with a friend at home and my dog (1 year old black lab) put her paws on the side of the table and smelled the cue ball. This moved the ball about 1 inch...

My friend said it was a foul because it was *my* dog and he should get ball-in-hand. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I said this would be a good question for the internet!

(Later my dog licked the cue ball, but it did not move.)

So what about this folks? Foul of some type?

Also my dog has suddenly had an interest in our pool playing. She puts her paws on the side of the table and watches where the balls go. When one goes into a pocket, she goes down to the ball return and looks at the balls there. Where is this leading? Anyone else have dog spectators?

Rail Rat
06-22-2008, 10:30 AM
If she moved the ball them I'm afraid she "dogged" the shot.

JJFSTAR
06-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Billy that may be one of the funniest things I have heard in a while but here is what our league says about it.

8. NON-PLAYER INTERFERENCE
During a game, if a non-player bumps a player or moves any balls so that play is directly affected, the opposing player should restore the affected balls as closely as possible to their original positions, and play should resume with no foul penalty on the shooting player.
If a non-player consistently harasses or interferes with the players, either verbally or non-verbally, the opposing captain may request that the person leave the playing area. (This would usually occur only if a discussion of the problem with the other captain did not satisfactorily resolve the situation.).

So I guess if she is doing excessive barking, licking or smelling this could be considered harassment and she my by the rules have to be put in the yard or something LMAO!!!

Vapros
06-22-2008, 11:38 AM
You should have sworn you had never seen this dog before, and then accused your friend of bringing the pooch to the game.

Deeman3
06-23-2008, 09:51 AM
My buddy Michael Vick and I just shoot 'em between the eyes when this happens. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

O.K. not really!

wolfdancer
06-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Licking the cueball is always a foul, while smelling it is just considered rude.

KellyStick
06-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Rule? Yes. No pets in the pool hall.

Deeman3
06-23-2008, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Licking the cueball is always a foul, while smelling it is just considered rude. </div></div>

I just can't wait to use the "my dog moved the ball" excuse in the future. Heck, this is better than him eating your homework.

MAC
06-23-2008, 02:11 PM
I had a problem with my dog taking the balls out of the ball return slot, took me forever to figure out how the balls were ending up on the floor until I caught her with a ball in her mouth.

Deeman3
06-24-2008, 06:57 AM
I has much the same problem with an ex-wife.

wolfdancer
06-24-2008, 02:47 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Shoot the dog! If the wife moves the ball, shoot her as well...unless she's naked of course.