PDA

View Full Version : McCain's Charlie Black

Gayle in MD
06-24-2008, 08:41 AM
The man has represented some of the worst tyrants in the world.

Richard Clarke, ought to know. He's calling for McCain to fire Black from his campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/23/richard-clarke-mccain-sho_n_108812.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John McCain's chief advisor, Charlie Black, ignited a firestorm with his comments that another terrorist attack on the U.S. would create a "big advantage" for McCain. Richard Clarke, the former counterterrorism chief for the U.S., appeared on Countdown with Keith Olbermann and slammed Black's comments as the "politics of fear." Clarke called for McCain to fire Black: "Charlie Black ought to be gone tomorrow morning."

[WATCH]

</div></div>

Republican fear tactics, AGAIN? Isn't FEAR the same strategy used by the terrorists?

Deeman3
06-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Gayle,

As you have said many times, "Fear won't work this time!" I think he was stupid to say that as well. While i don't know if he should be fired, maybe whacked across the knuckles or waterboarded for a while.

eg8r
06-24-2008, 09:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you have said many times, "Fear won't work this time!" </div></div>Fear works every time and anyone that does not believe this is just not paying attention to history. The Dems have always enforced politics by fear. They live by it. Just watch them when they begin scaring all the old people telling them the evil Republicans are going to strip away their social security.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-24-2008, 09:29 AM
It's even more disturbing once you look into the kinds of tyrants he's either represented, or been involved with, over his years as a lobbyist.

He's the kind of person that the administration OUGHT to be wire tapping, and here he is running McCain's Campaign! What if we were reading this information and he was involved in Obama's campaign, and our former terrorist CZAR was calling for Obama to fire him, because of his past connections with tyrants!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-24-2008, 09:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What if we were reading this information and he was involved in Obama's campaign, and our former terrorist CZAR was calling for Obama to fire him, because of his past connections with tyrants!

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> That's silly. No one would accuse Obama of trying to protect the country from terror! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
06-24-2008, 09:44 AM
:)No doubt!

Man, this is going to be a real show this time. It'll make Bush's Cindy McCain addictions, and John's bastard black kid, look like a tea party.

It will be interesting to see how Obama rises above it all...if he rises above it all.

I do think McCain is being hypocritical about the campaign financing, given that Obama has so much internet money coming in from so many people, in small amounts. McCain's just made because Obama will have an advantage.

The economists are sure giving McCain hell about his off shore drilling ideas, and his gas tax suspension.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
06-24-2008, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> John's bastard black kid, look like a tea party.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Not to be too sensitive here, but I was not aware that McCain adopted little girl was a bastard. I had heard they adopted her, or at least Cindy McCain had talked John into adopting her while on a trip overseas. You mean she is John's illegitimate off spring? Or are we talking about other minority children he may have fathered?</span>

Gayle in MD
06-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry I didn't make myself more clear, I was making a joke about Bush, or his supporters, and the swiftboaters, spreading those stories around about McCain and his family.

No, he doesn't have any illegitamate kids, as far as I know, and I think the accusations, were later proven wrong. I was just trying to point out that as filthy as that campaign became, this one will probably be even worse.

I think the accusations about Cindy's drug addiction were true, but I think they were prescription drugs.

I really think our country is not served by all the smut that goes on in these campaigns. Exposing their Business associates is relevant, along with their personal financial information, as the country needs to know that their interests don't influence them, and if we don't know the people they've been in business with, and where they made their money, it isn't good. But then, just look what we knew about Bush and Cheney, and look how many voted for them! Are they completely to blame for this gas crisis we have now, no, not completely, but they sure as hell have been on the side of the oil companies, and not on the side of addressing our circumstances through more conservation, higher cafe' standards, more research in renewables, wind, solar, and others, and they have surely blocked as much information as they could about the global warming crisis.

We can't drill our way out of this mess, but we sure as hell could have been well on our way to reducing dependency, and instead, they went to Iraq, and they went for the oil. That really ought to be clear by now. And it is the opposite direction that we should have been taking. We should have been going away from foreign oil, and oil in general, not going trillions of dollars of debt going head long into Iraq for more dependency on it!

I don't think this is going to correct any time soon, either. We can't even determine all there is to know about it, since the Saudi's keep their oil capacity highly secret. I do know that using this situation to justify drilling off our shores, is a joke. There isn't enough oil there, or in Alaska, to solve the problem, and even if there were, it would take years before we would know if there was enough oil to make it worth our while.

The most immediate and direct reduction would have been through higher cafe' standards, more public transportation, more solar and wind. Now what if we had put this ten trillion dollars we owe, into all of that?

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I think that none of the politicians in Washington have any interest in helping the oil situation beyond what a popular position might do them in the political short term.

No president or adminsitration has done anything and the simple fact that we could have spent war money on replacing oil certainly does not mean we would have. It would, more than likely have been spent on earmarks or pet programs for other politicians. That being said, Obama nor McCain have put forth any good way of solving the problem. McCain wants to drill and Obama wants to green our way though this, neither has serious ambitions for our energy security beyond getting elected this Fall.

I fear one of the candidates, much like you have said, is more of the same while the other is going to be the biggest disappointment since Carter, maybe even more so because the uninformed voters actually expect that he is onto something, not an errant peanut farmer. He is onto somethng...getting elected. The further we go the more we see Obama is just another Chicago politician and McCain is just another liberal in conservative garb, much like Bush's very worse moves.

That the barrel of snakes we have in Washington could belch out no better than this is hard to understand and harder to accept unless, of course, you want to be blinded by it.

Gayle in MD
06-26-2008, 06:16 AM
At this point, our attention should be on the VP's and advisors each of them choose. They both have some strengths, and weaknesses, neither one offering anything outstanding.

I don't view McCain as being liberal, but then, the meaning of that word depends on who is using it, IMO.

Regardless, the "winner" will face crucial problems, and ample disasters.

I'm not as sour on congress as many are. I have been glad to watch them provide some oversight, and investigqations, after six years of a blank check for Bush, and I think that the pressure they have put on the administration to acheive some sort of progress in Iraq, has been good all and all. While we all know the shortcomings inherent in political maneuverings, some who go into political life do care about the country, our future, and their own children's and grand children's future. The problems we face are very difficult. The next president will surely inherit a huge mess, that's for sure. I hope whichever one wins, he will have enough sense to listen to respected experts on various issues. That alone would be a huge improvment over what we been dealing with over these last seven plus years.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-26-2008, 07:19 AM
I think we can agree on all of that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

DickLeonard
06-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Gayle how GWB ever duck the ENron diaster and his Good Buddy Kenny Boy.

How California ever elected a Republican after the the screwing the people took from Enron and Kenny Boy. It boggles my mind.####

Gayle in MD
06-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Ditto! How anyone can believe that Republicans are better at protecting the country is just as shocking. Our worst attack, ever, after months of warnings completely neglected, and policies that lead to emboldening our enemies, including al Q. Recent rising American deaths in both Afghanistan, AND Iraq, bin Laden still sending out his messages on the internet, and training ground still expanding in Pakistan, and the real center of our fight against terrorism, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, in a greater, more rapidly degrading, threatening situation.

We have a president, and a segment of followers, who call negotiations or talks with our enemies, appeasment, unless they are the ones doing it. A completely incompetent Republican Party, and administration using lies and cover ups to mask all their gross failures, and incompetence, and using every branch of Government to do so, touting themselves as strong on terror, in the midst of a rejuvenated al Qaeda, Talliban, economic weaknesses which make us less safe, a recession which they deny, and massive debts in the midsts of a completely dysfunctional government where huge numbers of positions have remained vacant in Homeland Security, among other protective services, and they are strong on terror! Bull****!

There is no wonder that 70% of the people in this country are saying that we're going in the wrong direction.

George Bush and Dick Cheney.... the worst thing that ever happened to America. McCain would be even worse! It is amazing the way the right ignores all his massive flip-flops on critical issues, for political purposes, while at the same time trying to use that same accusation against Democratic candidates, on lesser issues.

Gayle in Md.