PDA

View Full Version : outlaw cues??

brian_m
06-26-2008, 04:26 PM
ok i feel like i want a new cue. and was wondering if anyone has played with any of the new outlaws? i am in love with how they look.

a little back info. got into pool and bought a 10 dollar graphite cue from wally world played with it cause it was cheap way to see if i wanted to keep playing or not. and i always knew any bar i went to i would have a straight stick with a decent tip. well i got tired of it quick and went out and bought a 50 $ decent wood cue loved it 100 times better then the graphite from the first hit. well now im getting better and would like a new cue. but im not sure if im at the point in my game that a more expensive cue would change my game or if i should just get somthing i think looks good . ive found this cue many places for 116.00 and im not opposed to paying that for it. just havent really been able to find any reviews of them. what do you guys think?

http://www.cuestore.com/cues/ol09.jpg

brian_m
06-26-2008, 04:31 PM
even the cases i find sexy

http://www.cuestore.com/smallcases/olb11scroll.jpg

Vapros
06-26-2008, 09:00 PM
It certainly is unconventional in appearance - maybe that's why it is called Outlaw. The most important thing is how it plays. I don't know if others are reluctant to say this, but it will draw attention to you and your game. If it really is a good cue, it might be considered a novel sneaky pete, because it is unlike what most players are carrying. It may get you a lot of offers to play.

For the amount you mentioned, or very little more, you can get an excellent production cue from a name maker, and you can at least look like a player. I don't like to criticize a stick that you are attracted to, but that's my answer to your question.

JoeW
06-27-2008, 07:19 AM
That is one great looking cue and case. If I were a young guy I am sure I would have one of those in a heart beat.

If it did not play well I would get a better shaft.

The cue says it all and I might considering cutting notches in it for every gambler I beat. If not the cue certainly a bullet hole in the case for every XX dollar bet I won.

Vapros
06-27-2008, 08:04 AM
How young, Joe? About twelve?

MAC
06-27-2008, 09:10 AM
That is a good looking cue, I think they make about three or four different models. I like Joe's idea of putting some victory notches on it. I had absolutely no luck finding any reviews on the outlaw cues, I was cue shopping and these cues also caught my eye and since I couldnt find a review I decided to go with a known maker. I ended up with a McDermott and love it.

If your not just absolutely dead set on the Outlaw, Fury makes some good cues in your price range. You will also be able to find more reviews. I bought a Fury J/B for about $140.00 and it does just as well as my friends Predator J/B.

Bambu
06-27-2008, 09:29 AM
For 100 bucks, my bet is it looks better than it plays. I would rather spend the same hundred for a used base line viking, falcon, or meucci sneaky pete. For 200-250, you could get one new. They wont look as pretty, but they are better cues(imo).

brian_m
06-27-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah i think with my free 600 bucks from good ole uncle sam im going to get a good name cue and one of these just to keep around the house for when i get my table.

JoeW
06-27-2008, 06:38 PM
I think I might get a couple of these for my pool room. Any woofing and I hand you and outlaw cue.

In all sincerity they are / would be a great conversational piece. With a Z2 shaft they might even be a pretty darn good shooter.

I can see taking one for league play rather than my expensive cue.

The cue itself is a woofer and says that the person who owns it is looking to take on the fastest gun around. Might be a good way to stir up some action.

JJFSTAR
06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Brian I suggest you look at the post by Shoo_hand entitled "new cue?" it has some great stuff in it. Even though it doesn’t say anything about outlaw cues specifically. BTW congrats on your new found skill in being able to pound bar players as I said it will be a really short time and they won’t even be challenging.