PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Clark Hyperventorama

Qtec
07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRwsk56lN44)
Listen to what Clark says about McCain in the beginning of the interview.

See the false outrage by the RW press.

Pure lies are spread around by the RW mainstream media and they get away with it. The main problem is that people end up believing these lies- just like in the run up to the inmvasion of Iraq.

Fox, fair and balanced.................LMFAO

Q

sack316
07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
he he, oddly enough when I clicked on your link, the advertisement section was a McCain for president ad /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

That video was crudely edited if you watch it, and most of what is in it I actually watched in it's entirety the other day. But the basic message from the Fox news perspective was relatively accurate... which was "this guy is saying McCain is not automatically qualified for president because of his service, but by using that theory Obama is even less qualified than that".

Clark screwed up, and even the Obama camp distanced themselves from him after this. My guess is because they realize this hurts them far worse than it helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Fox, fair and balanced.................LMFAO
</div></div>

I'll gladly grant that Fox is more right scewed, if anything. But at least when watching a program on there they will have guests who speak from both sides... and each is allowed to say their piece. The host may stick to his/her opinion, which is typically more of a right wing view, but at least a perspective from both sides is offered at some point. I can't say I see the same when watching MSNBC or another cable news outlet. May not be 100% fair and balanced, but it's closer than anyone else IMHO.

I mean, they had a member of Code Pink on as a guest this morning for goodness sakes!

Sack

mike60
07-03-2008, 03:04 PM
It is sad that when there is no basis for rebuttal they just make stuff up. McCain's
service in no way helps or hinders his ability to lead our country. The fact that his
minions have to manufacture phony outrage at true statements show how desperate they have become.
It is weird that sometimes Fox News is more balanced than other outlets, but not often enough.

mike60

Qtec
07-04-2008, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But the basic message from the Fox news perspective was relatively accurate. </div></div>

LOL. You are joking, right?
They totally misrepresented what WC said- thats a fact. They based hours of tv time hammering Obama for something WC never said or implied. He did not criticize McCain's military record.

McCain has flip-flopped on almost every issue. he can't speak for 47 seconds without contradicting himself.

Q

sack316
07-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Umm, Q I would ask if you actually read what I wrote... but since you quoted it I'm gonna have to assume you at least skimmed it.

"But the basic message from the Fox news perspective was relatively accurate."

This statement means the message that your posted video displayed about the perspective of those people on FOX NEWS was accurate... and nothing more. I didn't say anything about the accuracy of WC... I simply said that what that video displayed as fox news' stance was relatively accurate. Maybe that's lost in translation /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif or more likely you just saw a post from a righty and automatically had to jump to disagree... even though what I said actually backed up your case in this particular instance. But then again, that's not the first time that woulda happened on this board.

But if ya really want my take, you say they based hours of TV time hammering Obama about this. Did you actually watch the hours of Fox News to verify this? or did you just read what other people's opinion was and watch biased videos to back that up? because in that case, that would be just as bad as what you are saying about them in the first place.

I actually was watching those days, and saw most of the programming that your posted video showed nicely timed and edited snippets of. They didn't hammer Obama for that, they hammered him because if what Clark said was the case, then Obama surely would not be qualified. And actually most of their anchors went so far as to say that Clark did shine positive light on McCain's military career itself, but that he was out of line and incorrect in the rest of his statements... and that what he was doing would damage Obama more than anything. They even showed Obama distancing himself from said statements... if they were bashing him for WC, why would they even acknowledge the Obama camps statements regarding that issue? They woulda just left it at "this Obama supporter said some wacked out sh*t".

Fair and balanced? I'll grant you (again as I did before), probably not quite. But much more fair and balanced than what you seem to be reading and watching.

Sack

jayalley
07-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey, Q, you don't live in this country.

Go post on the "Sharia for Dutch Culture" website.

Mind your own business. (all 47 seconds of it)

mike60
07-05-2008, 02:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayalley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Q, you don't live in this country.

Mind your own business. (all 47 seconds of it) </div></div>

Here is a prime example of the ugly American. Purveyor of the jingoist tripe that brings shame and dishonor on our nation. Complete lack of intelligence coupled with a blind hatred for anyone showing the least bit of concern for civility. I live in this country and i take umbrage at your being the voice of impertinence and ignorance towards an other that joins in discussion with nothing deserving your bile. I realize this will fail to reach that dark recess you contain in your blockhead
that must serve as a responsive nerve but i endeavor to try. Fuck off.
mike60 disgusted

mike60
07-05-2008, 02:46 AM
In all fairness Fox News does a great deal of creative editing of the news to reenforce their points. The political news is frequently colored by bias one way or another and in General Clarks case the hounds have indeed been baying. His words are true and McCain has no real excuse for the attacks by his minions. A reporter from ABC News asked McCain about this and McCain freaked out. McCain uses his war record at anytime it serves him and becomes agitated whenever anyone else brings it up.
The Presidency is too important to be held by a person with anger issues.
The dunce we have endured for two terms must be replaced by someone with
the abilities to rebuild our nations standing in the world. McCain has appeared with a Swiftboat Liar to puff himself up. This same Swiftboat Liar that spewed filth about John Kerry, a decorated veteran. Before the right wing gasbags have a fit
recall that the US Navy has made it clear John Kerry earned his awards and is a hero. Take it up with the US Navy ditto neurons. Anyway McCain has a lot to explain. General Clark retains his honor and the gasbags can shut the fuck up.

Please understand i have respect for Sack316 and i do not include him in with the gasbags.
mike60

sack316
07-05-2008, 03:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A reporter from ABC News asked McCain about this and McCain freaked out. </div></div>

I looked up the blog post by the reporter you mention. Apparently the reporter asked him how his Vietnam expeirence prepared him for the Presidency. McCain's reaction? he said "Please" and recoiled back in his seat in distaste at the very question. Graham and Leiberman then stepped in with a few comments, McCain then collected himself and apologized for his initial reaction and continued with the chat.

All due respect Mike, but that doesn't really sound like freaking out to me. I gave a much worse reaction today at work when a customer asked me how I was doing today /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As far as the swiftboating stuff... yeah sure it seems each party has flipped their role in this. Tit for tat I suppose, fair enough. But what exactly would you call the Clark (guy alogned with Obama) comments originally?

And indeed, Clark may retain his honor... as far as military service goes. But I would like to know how his military experience has prepared him for deciding who is and who isn't a good candidate for POTUS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif he he

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Please understand i have respect for Sack316 and i do not include him in with the gasbags.
mike60 </div></div>

thanks there guy. But I'm sure at some point I'll manage to find a way for you to lump me in... it's what I do! But at the very least, I do give an attempt at understanding both sides... I'll generally stand firm in what I believe until shown otherwise, but I do at least make an effort to hear what and why others think the way they do. Afterall, that's the only way to learn.

Sack

mike60
07-05-2008, 04:16 AM
Sack, Clarks comments were accurate but not really necessary. Obama backed off
much too easily in my opinion. Politics is a contact sport.

mike60 going to bed in California.

sack316
07-05-2008, 12:37 PM
agreed with ya there. I'm guessing he just didn't want to alienate the undecided, the Regan Dems, and the iffy repubs that he seems to be courting right now. He just seems to be forgetting that while going after this voters so aggressively that he hasn't quite locked up the true left yet, and may have an excersise in futility here (i.e. gaining one vote from a more right-wing/centrist voter doesn't do much good if you lose one or two from your party in doing so).

He's gonna have to learn the whole "can't please all of the people all of the time" thing, and decide to actually take a stance so that the public may know who he is. Afterall, the main knock on him at the moment is that "we don't really know you, and we're not quite sure we can trust you... and we sure don't know what you're about".

Sack

mike60
07-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Amen.

mike60

Qtec
07-06-2008, 06:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That video was crudely edited if you watch it, and most of what is in it I actually watched in it's entirety the other day. But the basic message from the Fox news perspective was relatively accurate... </div></div>

They were all outraged because Clark [ supposedly ] dissed mcCain's military service- but he didn't. It was FALSE outrage. A total lie , ie a total distortion of the truth and what Clark actually said.

The FCC should be jumping on them for gutter journalism. ie they don't report the news they make it up.

The Reps have had their own TV station, thats a fact.

Q

sack316
07-06-2008, 06:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

indeed, as has every political party since the beginning of journalism in this country. That's how the media pretty well got started, if you look at history.

And again, I'll say you either haven't read my posts, or something is lost on you in what I have said.

Sack

LWW
07-07-2008, 01:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That video was crudely edited if you watch it, and most of what is in it I actually watched in it's entirety the other day. But the basic message from the Fox news perspective was relatively accurate... </div></div>

They were all outraged because Clark [ supposedly ] dissed mcCain's military service- but he didn't. It was FALSE outrage. A total lie , ie a total distortion of the truth and what Clark actually said.

The FCC should be jumping on them for gutter journalism. ie they don't report the news they make it up.

Q </div></div>
True.

And they have been up against CNN, HNN, INN, CBS, ABC, NBS, CNBC, and MSNBC ... and gave them a roughly 50 year head start.

And this bothers you why, when the others don't seem to bother you at all?

LWW

mike60
07-07-2008, 12:57 PM
LWW&lt; A good question. All the media have their own agendas. Most are owned by
fat cats that don't care about politics, only the money. Outrage sells, bigger outrage
bigger money. We deserve better.

mike60

Gayle in MD
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Sack,
There is nothing fair or balanced, or even truthful, about Fox news. In fact, the word "News" shouldn't even follow their name.

Fox is nothing but a forum for the Republican talking points, and the religious right wing nuts.

Wesley Clark has had more military experience than McCain ever dreamed of having.

Obama, while I don't like him, has proven that he has a very high intellect. He was tops in his law studies, while McCain, was in the bottom of his class at Annapolis, was known as a punk with connections through his father and grand father. He basically has the same nuances in his history as Bush had, priveledges that came from his ancesters. He's a known hot head, and flip flopper. Has flip flopped on virtually everything, and is not only old, but dumb, and without basic morals. He can't even read a telepromptor. Just look at how he treated his own invalid wife! He was a liar and a womanizer who dumped a woman, after running around on her with other women for years, because she had had a devastating automobile accident, and was no longer the swimsuit model he married.

Sure he was a POW, and for that, he deserves some respect, but lets not forget, he signed a confession, and being a POW is not something one volunteers for. He served his country, but for him, that service, given his family connections, was his ticket to a military career, with the right connections, which also greatly advantaged him in being accepted into the Naval Accademy, which could never have happened with his grades, if not for his connections. Nevertheless, he was in the bottom of his class.

Fox News may have people from the other opinion, but they set them up, and the lies that are spread around on that station have been documented over and over. They take things out of context, and before you know it, half the country is going around completely out of touch with the truth.

Wesley Clark is head and shoulders above McCain, in every way, intellect, military experience, and mental stability. McCain is a total nut job.

BTW, don't tell me about Fox, my daughter ran the business department for Fox News, and sat right in the news room for ten years, here in Washington D.C. Fox is nothing but a Republican talking points propaganda channel.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
07-14-2008, 12:14 PM
I think i actually just said it was more balanced than the alternatives, to sum it up. I even granted that it was more right wing skewed than anything! of course that's just my opinion, though. But I do watch all the news channels regularly, and that's how I feel about it.

So again, I'll say yes, I do think FN is more right wing than anything. But not more right wing than say MSNBC's equivalent programming is left. Indeed FN may "set up" someone from the other viewpoint... but at least the other viewpoint is there to get a few words out. Better than the alternatives I usually see, where we'll have two guests arguing with each other about their "same ideals in a different way". I have a friend that went to school with my sister who works on "Countdown" who is about as liberal as they come, and even she'll admit how skewed that show is!

But you and I arguing about that is pointless. We each have our opinion on that matter, and we each agree to disagree. My only other thing is to point out that as democtrats have taken control in the polls and offices it has been because "the american people were wising up and making their choices" (may not be an exact quote, but the general ideal you put forth on that). Well, using that same reasoning, why then does FN have SOOO much higher of a viewership than the other similar networks? And I'll bet it's not because they sometimes play the "Fox Sunday Football" theme from time to time

And I don't think anybody would question Obama's intellect. Then again, that's not the issue. If it was then your girl woulda just moved right into the White House, no?

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Sack,
MSNBC has Joe Scarborough, and a full panel of other Republican pundits on for hours every morning, including Pat Buchannon, and Mika Brezenzski, daughter of a former Republican foreign policy advisor who leans so far right wing I don't know how she sits on the stool without falling off over to the right, and Andrea Mitchell, wife of Allen Greenspan, a self proclaimed Republican, and so Republican she looks a lot like a skinny blond elephant with a trunk for a nose! They pushed so hard for Romney to win the nomination, they even used his youngest grandchild on one of their morning pro Romney programs during the primaries.

Oberman, and Mathews, are the only ones from the left.

Carlson, is a libertarian, and Abrams does a show that is equally divided with both left and right pundits.

This idea that the media is more left than right is just not so, IMO, and if it were, we would never have ended up in Iraq in the first place.

Helen Thomas, and Dan Rather were the only journalists that stood up against this idiotic policy at the outset. The rest of the AMerican Press, laid down like lap dogs for Bush.

Gayle in Md.

I think what is so obviously slanted about Fox is that they are clearly dvoted to promoting all things Republican, regardless of whom the guests may be, and there should be no question that as new media goes, Fox in the only Network News programming that actually consciously sets out to spread lies and rumors as though they were documented facts. Murdoch even admitted that his agenda was to promote the war in Iraq.

sack316
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My only other thing is to point out that as democtrats have taken control in the polls and offices it has been because "the american people were wising up and making their choices" (may not be an exact quote, but the general ideal you put forth on that). Well, using that same reasoning, why then does FN have SOOO much higher of a viewership than the other similar networks?

Sack </div></div>

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Never underestimate the poor taste of the American Public.

How can a lowlife pos like Rush Limbaugh have a huge following?

How can people be stupid enough to send their money to these television mega millionaire evangelists?

How can so many people get mezmerized over people like Angelina Joley, and Madonna?

How could Jim Jones talk hundreds of people people into committing suicide?

Hey, people are nuts! They're drama junkies! We live in a society that is hooked on slime! Look at Bill O'Reilly, a total sex pervert who is the first one to attack any sexual deviant that comes along, but he IS one himself.

I'm still not over people voting for oilmen to run this country, so I'm sure, I'm the last person you know who can answer that question, other than to say, Americans don't read like they should. We've become a lazy, uneducated country, which is about to get a rude awakening, which is probably long overdue.

I see lots of things on television and wonder how the hell does programming like this get the viewership that it gets?

Why the hell would anyone want to watch a horror movie? Or listen to rap music. Or eat liver. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

More to the point, why would anyone think that any pundits are reliable sources for information? Don't they know that they can watch their government in action, live, on a daily basis, and make up their own minds?

You got me, friend....

Gayle in Md.

sack316
07-14-2008, 02:24 PM
I said the same thing when the congress changed hands /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Ok, OK, low blow sorry... uncalled for.... but you set it up so well and I'm too weak to resist /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

sack316
07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never underestimate the poor taste of the American Public.

<span style="color: #6633FF"> I dunno really. I don't even listen to him or like him to be honest. But apparently what he says speaks to that many people. Which was kinda my point in the first place. Now how good of a point is it? That I don't know, because we could use the same correlation for Howard Stern as well. And still, a similar correlation for the last time at the polls.</span>

How can people be stupid enough to send their money to these television mega millionaire evangelists?

<span style="color: #6633FF">Yeah, that one I don't know either. My God doesn't need money to speak to me personally /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif But I guess for some people it works. To each their own I suppose </span>

How can so many people get mezmerized over people like Angelina Joley, and Madonna?

<span style="color: #6633FF">Cuz angelina is hot and because Madonna is the slutty celeb you can feel like you may even have a chance to bang? That I don't really know either... other than we have indeed become a celebrity obsessed society. But I guess we, as people have always been that way. Why else is Poe still read in like every school? or any famous author for that matter? Just because the medium and accessibility has changed, doesn't mean the general principle is any different than it ever was. </span>

<span style="color: #6633FF">I can only hope to be that influential one day. I'd consider using my power for good... but more than likely would be evil. </span>

Hey, people are nuts! <span style="color: #6633FF">YES!!!! </span> They're drama junkies! <span style="color: #6633FF">YES!!!! </span> We live in a society that is hooked on slime! Look at Bill O'Reilly, a total sex pervert who is the first one to attack any sexual deviant that comes along, but he IS one himself. <span style="color: #6633FF"> and he is but one among so many others as well. Hell, I'm probably a sexual deviant as well... just some people's gets to be spread all over the news. Again, just our celebrity obsessed society showing itself. Otherwise even you wouldn't know about that stuff </span>

I'm still not over people voting for oilmen to run this country, so I'm sure, I'm the last person you know who can answer that question, other than to say, Americans don't read like they should. We've become a lazy, uneducated country, which is about to get a rude awakening, which is probably long overdue.

<span style="color: #6633FF">yeah, I'll go ahead and agree with that. If nothing else, because unfortunately that one cuts both ways. </span>

I see lots of things on television and wonder how the hell does programming like this get the viewership that it gets?

<span style="color: #6633FF"> indeed. I sometimes think we may get a more informed and educated election is Simon Cowell were allowed to be executive producer of the process. We'd get more voters, that's for sure. </span>

Why the hell would anyone want to watch a horror movie? Or listen to rap music. Or eat liver. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

More to the point, why would anyone think that any pundits are reliable sources for information? Don't they know that they can watch their government in action, live, on a daily basis, and make up their own minds?

<span style="color: #6633FF"> that one I do know the answer. Because CSPAN you actually have to watch, and think, and take some time. It's not all melted down into a neat little package with opinion made for you already... it requires some knowlege and critical thinking. And too many of us just don't want to do that. Sad /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </span>

You got me, friend....

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Sack--- doesn't "get it" either.

Deeman3
07-14-2008, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never underestimate the poor taste of the American Public.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I think a lot of ask these questions, really.</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Could not agree more. I don't like him, He is as partisan as anyone on the left and has a much bigger ego than them.</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">It is also the poor who send in the most. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I agree on Madonna, what is she 70 now? But Jolie, Angelina, come on. She is just a good looking woman. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">and how could dozens kill themsleves and wait for a spaceship to pick them up. I guess it's just getting them out of the gene pool but sad that people follow such leaders. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I agree on the liver and rap music but a good horror movie is great. However, since M. Night Shamalot forgot how to do good horror flicks, I don't bother.

If you do wonder how stupid the masses are, just pull a teen or young adult aside and ask them as few simple questions. It will frighten you more than a good horror flick will. Young adults on the CCB excepted, of course.

Gayle, if I ever get back to MD, I want to take you and hubby out for a good Polar Bear Burger, with fries. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If they are not gone by then. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

By the way, I am thinking of sitting this election out. I committed to vote for a friend tomorrow night, she's running for Senate in a runoff but seems to have little chance. But after that, I am just going to let it go and assume that Obama will win in November. McCain may be the lesser of two evils but he has not shown me anything that will make it worth the trip to vote for him. Imagine, DeeMan voting for Hillary and then not voting in the general. I know Obama may ruin us but McCain has given me no reason other than not having the Democrats and with the House, both white and otherwise together. It may just shift the crooks around but, hey, they can't do too much worse. I'm sure you'll rememebr I said that.

I'll just hold my breath and hope all 9 Supreamers hold on for 4 and, perhaps, 8 years. </span>

You got me, friend....

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Right again! Everyone has an agenda, everyone. Too bad no one has an agenda for America. If someone abuses steroids I'm sure we will see the senate again. Can't berat those photo ops, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif</span>

Gayle in MD
07-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Friend, if you get to Maryland, You will get one of the best dinners of your life, right her, in my own kitchen, (it own't be chopped liver) and then you'll be held captive, until I know everything you know how to do with a pool stick, well, almost everything!

hey, Remember that little boat Jim bought for my aniversary so I can fish the shallows in the bays at Ocean City?

I'm thinking of naming it..."BUOOOOOSHED" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

Kind of think that cry icon would look good on it too!

Love,
Gayle

Deeman3
07-15-2008, 07:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friend, if you get to Maryland, You will get one of the best dinners of your life, right her, in my own kitchen, (it own't be chopped liver) and then you'll be held captive, until I know everything you know how to do with a pool stick, well, almost everything!

hey, Remember that little boat Jim bought for my aniversary so I can fish the shallows in the bays at Ocean City?

I'm thinking of naming it..."BUOOOOOSHED" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

Kind of think that cry icon would look good on it too!

Love,
Gayle

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I will happily accept the invitation my next trip. And about the boat, be careful about the name. There may be partisan submarines lurking in the waters in Maryland. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

hondo
07-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Play him one pocket, Gayle. It's not his strongest game.

sack316
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
oh, I didn't know she was talking about pool. In that case, sounds like it would be a short visit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

mike60
07-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Be careful if you catch any fish near St. Michaels on the Chesapeake Bay. The dead zone emanating from Cheney's compound is spreading.

mike60

Qtec
07-16-2008, 03:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayalley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Q, you don't live in this country.

Mind your own business. (all 47 seconds of it) </div></div>

Do you live in Iraq?
Afghanistan?
Vietnam?
Laos?.........Just about every country in South America?

How come America invades a country that was no threat and 9,000 miles away?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> New report shows that young Americans are unable to find Iraq and other important geo-political locations on a map, 5 years after September 11th, and more than 3 years after the war in Iraq began.

Young Americans are still unable to find Iraq and other well known locations on a map.
They are hugely uninformed about the world. Every few months we see a study or survey confirming this fact.

This new study reminds me of a 2002 survey also reported by National Geographic during the lead-up to war in Iraq. The 2002 survey found that more than 80% of American high schoolers could not locate Iraq and other important locations on a map. The new report shows that not much has changed since then, despite 2 wars and possibly another war coming at any time. It raises questions about how and why it is so easy for the U.S. to get into foreign policy trouble.</div></div>

You have the audacity to tell me to mind my own business, when the USA goes to war against a country that never attacked it [ when half the pop doesn't even know where that country is on a map] based on suspicions?

Q

Gayle in MD
07-16-2008, 03:42 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif