PDA

View Full Version : Which Pool Room is the best and why?

mike60
07-03-2008, 02:36 PM
On another thread i complained about Amsterdam Billiards on 11th street in NYC and in return got told it was the "Best Billiard room in the Country". I disagree and have said why i feel this way. I play in NYC and California but there are rooms all across the country that must be in the running for the "BEST POOL ROOM" .
So have at it. Let's hear from shooters and learn something from each other.
I nominate Family Billiards in San Francisco for a start. Plenty of action, owner Delbert Wong is a very strong player and they encourage people to play by having a
monthly membership program for daytime players. Delbert has notices for other rooms tournaments posted. Fair and reasonable.
mike60

JJFSTAR
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
This question has come up before and the "BEST POOL ROOM" is YOUR favorite place to play. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif The reason is that your friends are probably there, the equipment is in good shape compared to other convenient places and you shoot well there because you feel comfortable.

That being the case I nominate Dee’s Café south side of Pittsburgh PA; home of Dee’s Café 1 the West Penn Pool League sping 2008 flight 2 champs (that’s my team BTW). Currently sporting 4 GC III’s tournament legal 9ft with simonies cloth, 3 8ft Gandy tables one with simonies cloth, cheap drinks, a ping pong table and more fun than one should be allowed to have.

Bambu
07-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Just for the record, I never matter-of-factly said it WAS the best. I said it was rated the best billiards club in the country, and it was.

mike60
07-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Bambu, I read that it was BD's rating on another thread. Fair enough. Thanks B.

OK, Who rated it the best? Do they have any connection with Amsterdam? How did they arrive at the rating? Nothing personal here just honest questions.
If you consider Amsterdam the best that's your right but where did the rating come from?

mike60 not convinced