PDA

View Full Version : of all the reality shows

sack316
07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
We've seen Nick and Jessica. We've watched the likes of New York (WHO?), Flava Flav, and Bret Michaels seek love. We've followed the day to day lives of the Osbournes, Hogans, Spellings, etc. We've seen a few shows about people we have no idea who they are or why they get to have a show. We've seen a lot of crap.

But some producer somewhere missed the boat and deserves to lose their job for not throwing a few million in A-Rod's direction and asking if they can film his life. I mean, WOW! What would it have been like to be a fly on the wall around there over this last year or so? That's one I may even have found myself watching... or at least maybe tuning into E! to see the quick rundown of the show that week.

Sack

mike60
07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Sack, When the writers went on strike the producers just went on without writers and this tripe is what we get.

mike60 buying more books

sack316
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
my point exactly. The fall back with the lack of writers was all these reality shows that you don't need writing for (well, some of them could use some lol). Out of all the crap we've got, A-Rods life actually seems interesting... and some producer missed out!

Eh, guess I'll go see what Victoria Beckham is buying today.

Sack

Bambu
07-09-2008, 07:44 AM
F Arod

I have never hated a yankee until we signed arod. He turns my stomach. Not that its much better, but I'd rather watch flava flav.

MAC
07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Just out of curiosity why does everyone in New York seem to have such hate and discontent for A-Rod? He is a great ball player sure has had some slumps but even when he wasnt at his best didnt he still have like 30 something dingers and a decent average and RBIs??

sack316
07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
yeah, his only downfall has been a lack of production in the postseason... which is a big no no when you wear the pinstripes. Don't worry though, eventually he'll break the home run record and they'll erect a statue of him outside the new yankee stadium, and call it the house that A-Rod built.

Sack

MAC
07-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm sure he will and even then he still wont get the praise he deserves. I never could figure out why they treated him the way they have, even if he did do poor in the off season its still a team effort and in my opinion he contributed quite a bit in helping them make it to the post season.

eg8r
07-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey MAC, the only teams that talk about "making it to the postseason" are all the teams except the Yankees. New Yorkers are not satisfied with just "making the postseason". If they don't win the World Series then the season was a bust. If their top star player (even though it is a team event) does not produce they will hound him, ESPECIALLY if they lose.

eg8r

MAC
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Considering how much money is invested into the Yankees, that makes sense. With that kind of payroll you would expect them to go undefeated.