PDA

View Full Version : One Pocket Players Only

02-26-2002, 06:57 AM
Hello everyone,
I have to tell everyone today who has ever had the game of 1 pocket come togather like majic about today. I have been beaten up, kicked and made to look like dog do in this game. I'm fairly new to this game and had every shot taken at me by this excellent 1 hole player for the last 7 mths. From jumping balls off the table to one ball safties.

Today was my day! I kicked his ever loving a$$ from one end of the ph to the other. Usually at best I'll break even. I played straight pool, 9Ball, banks and can shoot the eyes out of the balls at times but this 1 hole had me stunned. This guy tells me "You have too many weapons in your arsenal". For mths I tried so hard to have the patients not to go for a shot that would let me out but if I missed I'd sell out. This guy don't miss and when he does, I'm stuck.

Today I played smarter and with the patients of a $20. hooker. I took only shots that would give me the best options and kept all my balls on the shots I couldn't make on the back rail by my pocket to stop his cross corner shots. I made several 2 railers and one three rail shot.

This drove my opponent crazy. I had him playing as he said. I saw it differently, I had him going for high risk shots that put me out instead. I was up 6 games and he came back strong but was unable to win.

The point I'm trying to get across is, don't you just love it when the game is next to flawless and when everything goes as you intended. I've never felt this in 1 hole. 9 balls a different story. It's like you ran rack after rack but with 1 hole it's like a puzzle that unfolds right in front of you. Great game and the quote "you have too many weapons in your arsenal" just meant "you go for too much kid". LOL

Regards,
C.C.~~Gradys tape and patients is winning 1 hole combo to happiness........

02-26-2002, 06:01 PM
just a little side note.....

not to be a stickler for spelling or grammar....but i just noticed your spelling error of the word PATIENCE......the word you are using is PATIENTS.....like hospital bed dwellers.......not PATIENCE as the abililty to wait with persistence.....thanks! thats all.....i know people hate to be corrected and people do make typos as i make them all the time,......but it was a consistent error! thanks!

Tom_In_Cincy
02-26-2002, 06:56 PM
nothing better than performing the perfect break, wing ball goes in your pocket and you run 7 more and out.. 3 times in a row and your opponent breaks down his cue, hands you the cash and leaves the pool room without saying a word.. Heaven.. just Heaven

02-26-2002, 08:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DE_PooL_Grl:</font><hr> just a little side note.....

not to be a stickler for spelling or grammar....but i just noticed your spelling error of the word PATIENCE......the word you are using is PATIENTS.....like hospital bed dwellers.......not PATIENCE as the abililty to wait with persistence.....thanks! thats all.....i know people hate to be corrected and people do make typos as i make them all the time,......but it was a consistent error! thanks! <hr></blockquote>

Well De Pool Girl,
If you are going to correct someone else's grammar the least you can do is use correct grammar yourself. This post of yours has multiple punctuation and capitalization errors. Just a little side note.
Chris, congrats on the successful one-hole outing.
BTW Chris, what part of the midwest are you located?

02-26-2002, 11:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TheShot:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: DE_PooL_Grl:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; just a little side note.....

not to be a stickler for spelling or grammar....but i just noticed your spelling error of the word PATIENCE......the word you are using is PATIENTS.....like hospital bed dwellers.......not PATIENCE as the abililty to wait with persistence.....thanks! thats all.....i know people hate to be corrected and people do make typos as i make them all the time,......but it was a consistent error! thanks! &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Well De Pool Girl,
If you are going to correct someone else's grammar the least you can do is use correct grammar yourself. This post of yours has multiple punctuation and capitalization errors. Just a little side note.
Chris, congrats on the successful one-hole outing.
BTW Chris, what part of the midwest are you located? <hr></blockquote>

&lt;font class="small"&gt;"i know people hate to be corrected and people do make typos as i make them all the time"&lt;/font&gt;

this is why i wrote that.....i was merely pointing out that he was confused as to what word he was using...it wasn't a grammar error......and anyhow CLERELY people can see that i don't use capitalization or punctuation because it takes too long.......but i wasn't trying to bust stones just point out an error.....take head out of A$$ then type....thanks have a great day

heater451
02-26-2002, 11:25 PM
um. . ."CLEARLY"?

Chris Cass
02-27-2002, 07:10 AM
No biggy,
I understand about perfection. I'm not a great typer nor a great speller. I can chop the english language to bits but, I am sincere in my post and beg for forgiveness. My wifes the teachers aide and the 4 yr degree in business is hers. I am just a phd and will always be. I'm glad you got the meaning of my post. Hope one day you can feel as happy as I did that day. Good luck with them long legs.
C.C.

Chris Cass
02-27-2002, 07:32 AM
Hi Scott,
I'm located in Moline, IL. I shoot a lot at Leisure Time Billiards. I don't hold anything against the comments about my spelling. I'm not very smart but I have a reason. My dad had a heart attack when I was 15 and I took over the family business. I ran it for a yr. I dropped out of school at 15 to do this. Later at 21 I went back for the G.E.D. later went into the service at 26. After the service, I went to Devry and got my A.A.S. in Electronics. So for a drop out, I feel pretty good and hold my head up anyway.

I have a head for Math and a knack with Mechanical things. I also know the rails like the back of my hand. The only thing I ever wanted to be in life was a good father, a good husband and a good player. Thanks for the back. I harbor nothing against the lady. What can I say, I like long legs. LOL
Regards,
C.C.

Kato
02-27-2002, 09:09 AM
See there, on a scale from 1 to 10 you're alright my man. Good going on your "one hole zone"

Your buddy.

Kato.

02-27-2002, 09:52 AM
umm I think that was "sarkazm"

JimS
02-27-2002, 09:53 AM
Ut Oh, new gunslinger in town! Spose that on Sunday you'll be wanting to try out your game on the room owner! That would be a good one for me to sweat. WAY TO GO! Happy for you and know how you feel. Regards, JimS

SPetty
02-27-2002, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DE_PooL_Grl opines:</font><hr>......and anyhow CLERELY people can see that i don't use capitalization or punctuation because it takes too long.......<hr></blockquote>

HAHAHA That's the funniest thing I've read in weeks. "It takes too long!" hahaha That's funny!

Just do it, pool girl. It makes for a great read when the capitalization and punctuation are there. It makes for a difficult read when they're not. Just do it. It's easy once you "take the time" (hahaha) to do it! And really, I'm sure you know that it takes no time at all once you get the hang of it!

heater451
02-27-2002, 10:57 AM
That's why I put the question mark--I wasn't sure.

Especially since she busted on 'Anonymous' (part of your IP matches, I guess it's you) for using a wrong word that sounded the same ("patients/patience"), but then uses a 'word' that doesn't even exist ("clerely")--at least, the closest match I could find was "celery". . . .

Besides, I know her first post wasn't meant to offend, and I'm not attacking or defending any one here, but I also think that it's illogical to say, "people can see that i don't use capitalization or punctuation because it takes too long", when there is no direct correlation between 'bad' capitalization and punctuation, and understanding the motivation for it I suppose, however, she might be equating "too long" with apathy/laziness.

Otherwise, I really don't have a problem with anyone's spelling or grammar--with the exception of when someones trying to insult someone else's intelligence, when they themselves have issues. . . .

02-27-2002, 10:43 PM
CLERELY, i wasn't trying to insult anyone's intelligence or UNDERMINE their use of the ENGLISH LANGUAGE.......and i CLERELY pointed that out in my post......i merely wanted to point out that he was using the wrong word.......again TAKE HEAD OUT OF A$$ THEN TYPE.......hows that for capitalization....

thanks for the comment about the long legs chris, but alas, they aren't that long.....lol.....go figure......

02-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Heater451,
Do you like Peanut Butter on your "CLERELY" or do you prefer Bleu Cheese? ROTFLMFAO /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

02-28-2002, 01:03 AM
i love how much you people exhude so much arrogance with your condesending nature and your 9 letter abbreviations......you really are comical.

02-28-2002, 01:23 AM
Just a little side note..... "condescending" /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

heater451
02-28-2002, 11:35 AM
DE_P_G,

I already understood that you weren't attacking anyone--in fact, if you go back to my post, I said so in it.

I saw that you were trying to simply tell him that he was using a different word completely than intended.

However, a lot of us let things like that slide, since we are still capable of interpreting what he was saying, much as many of us also don't care whether you capitalize or not.

Is that CLERE enough? (Sorry, couldn't resist. . . .)

Fred Agnir
02-28-2002, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: DE_PooL_Grl:</font><hr>i love how much you people exhude so much arrogance with your condesending nature and your 9 letter abbreviations......you really are comical. <hr></blockquote>

The "9 letter abbreviations" are now common and appropriate communication methods due to the internet. It is not a sign of condescension.

I recall the first time I said the word "CD" for Compact Disc (tm) when they were brand new. I almost got in a fight over it because the other guy thought I was being haughty.

Fred &lt;~~~ not exhuding (sic) anything

heater451
02-28-2002, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fred Agnir:</font><hr>
I recall the first time I said the word "CD" for Compact Disc (tm) when they were brand new. I almost got in a fight over it because the other guy thought I was being haughty.<hr></blockquote>
Fred, maybe the guy thought you meant "Certificate of Deposit", and that you were acting like you were a big money guy.

Reminds me of something I saw in a comic once. The main character almosts beats someone up, for calling him "eunuch", when the other character actually said "unique". . . .The point was about perception.