PDA

View Full Version : Update on Predator 314 Switch

08-09-2002, 10:03 AM
First off, thanks everyone for their input. Last night I spent some time getting familiar with my new toy. Here are a few of my observations;
1) My cueball speed seems to have increased. I'm always going long on my position play. I think this has to do with the firmness of the 314. Gonna have to slow it down some. Any you guys think there's validity to this?
2) Shooting at cue ball that is very close to rail with stick jacked up for a draw shot feels very solid.
3) Need to get that Moori tip (avid moori user) on before I go much further. The Le Pro tip feels slippery.
4) Wife loves the feel of it, last night she ran a rack of nine against the ghost. (She almost never plays anymore.) But, she said no to selling her Cousins(sentimental value) to raise cash for a new Predator.

I think I'm gonna like this new shaft.

Mark

griffith_d
08-09-2002, 11:22 AM
I really like the 314 on the Pred BK. I do not have one on my playing cue. I am still in test mode and trying to make up my mind. I did notice that using the BK to play with using english, it was much more pronounced and had to be careful on how much english I used, as it seem to add more than I was used to.

I like it so far, but the tip is too hard and cue too light. To get a full test, I will need to get one for my playing cue.

I am almost there in making up my mind.

Griff

TonyM
08-09-2002, 12:18 PM
"1) My cueball speed seems to have increased. I'm always going long on my position play. I think this has to do with the firmness of the 314. Gonna have to slow it down some. Any you guys think there's validity to this?'

No. If anything, a stock Schon shaft (I think you said you had a Schon didn't you?) would tend to be stiffer than a 314. The likely culprit would be a firmer tip, or a tip with a different curvature.

Tony

Elvis
08-09-2002, 09:40 PM
When I got my Predator I also found myself rolling the CB farther than I was used to after a shot. Got out of shape quite often. I kept shooting with it and I guess I have adjusted. I have used a Talisman Pro Medium tip on different cues for the last couple of years.