PDA

View Full Version : Church Cancels Teen Gun Giveaway

Qtec
07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Church Cancels Teen Gun Giveaway
By: Nicole Belle on Sunday, July 13th, 2008 at 3:30 PM - PDT

Wow. Just wow.

KOCO 5 (Oklahoma City):

An Oklahoma church canceled a controversial gun giveaway for teenagers at a weekend youth conference.

Windsor Hills Baptist had planned to give away a semiautomatic assault rifle until one of the event’s organizers was unable to attend.

The church’s youth pastor, Bob Ross, said it’s a way of trying to encourage young people to attend the event. The church expected hundreds of teenagers from as far away as Canada.

“We have 21 hours of preaching and teaching throughout the week,” Ross said.[..]

“I don’t want people thinking ‘My goodness, we’re putting a weapon in the hand of somebody that doesn’t respect it who are then going to go out and kill,’” said Ross. “That’s not at all what we’re trying to do.”

Ross said the conference isn’t all about guns, but rather about teens finding faith.

What Would Jesus Do? Give a semi-automatic weapon to a teenager, naturally. Makes perfect sense to me. (/sarcasm)
</div></div>
Doesn't that just make you feel safer? A bunch of religios fanatics armed to the teeth? LOL

Jesus,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." (NAS, Mark 12:28-31) </div></div>

""There is a saying, 'Love your friends and hate your enemies.' But I say: Love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way you will be acting as true sons of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust too."

Todays American Christian Evangelists say, "shoot/nuke the MFKrs" and then go back to their million $ mansions ,flying in their private jet!
Todays Christian President has been set on war no matter what the cost because he is not paying for it and he and his lackeys are earning from it.

Can anyone name one Christian action taken by GW?

Q........friggin unbelievable....find God and get a free semi-automatic?.......only in America.

LWW
07-14-2008, 06:50 AM
I'd sit through 21 hours of preaching for a free AR15.

What's the problem, it's called freedom.

Oh, I forgot, you guys in Eurabia don't have that.

LWW

Deeman3
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
You know, I do have a few AR-15's (not the fully auto) laying around. I thought about going to a gun show and unloading them but a nice give away or some such deal might be better. I gave a church a Baby Grand last summer, I wonder if I could write off retail on the AR's anyone know?

I'm pretty sure the Mormons won't touch them.