PDA

View Full Version : About the Future POTUS

nAz
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
we all know that who ever wins will have a massive mess in his hands, and that nothing will change over night.
so I was just wondering if everyone will give the next POTUS at least a year in office before we all come down on him...

Im willing to wait a year before i go all LWW and Gayle on him /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif just like i did with GWB /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif shiiittt Im even willing not to remind everyone who help get us in this mess. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
07-15-2008, 01:43 PM
nah. Well, it depends. If McCain gets in, I'll have at least a 4 year span of excuses and benefit of the doubt to give. If Obama wins, I'm jumping all over it as soon as he's done swearing in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Eh, I'm kidding. Either way I honestly don't expect much out of the next POTUS. All I'd really as of whoever gets in is that they at least fein an attempt at backing up the words they use to get into office, and that they show some signs of progressing towards something better. I don't think anyone would be able to "fix" everything in one or even two terms. But some kind getting us going into some sort of better direction is an achievable goal. Then whoever comes after them can bring us back into prosperity, gain all the glory... and whoever is this next term will be a footnote.

Sack

Deeman3
07-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Naz,

I totally agree. I think he should have a year to get things sorted out and start moving in the right direction before anyone attacks him or his policy. If, after that year, he is moving forward, not blaming the previous administration, I think he can bring the cooutry together. If, however, after that year or so, he has no concrete plans, has not gained some trust with the American people, and only then, should he be fair game.

You know, as do I, just heading in the right direction will mean a lot. This may be easier in many ways with Obama than McCain, although I hope both sides will give either a fair chance. Even if Obama, for instance, has to change his outlook on the war we should be patient. After all, the POTUS is very different, I believe, for the guy in the office than he could possibly know beforehand. It is so easy for us to say what we would do. Ithas to be much more difficult especially when anyone can say anything about you but only you have the full knowledge of the job.

mike60
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Deeman, I agree except for this:

"I totally agree. I think he should have a year to get things sorted out and start moving in the right direction before anyone attacks him or his policy. If, after that year, he is moving forward, not blaming the previous administration,"

Anyone not blaming Cheney-Bush for the TRILLION DOLLAR WAR is a fool. No free pass for the thieves. WAR PROFITEERS ARE SCUM.

Cheers,

mike60

pooltchr
07-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Considering the two possibilities, I will be happy if whoever ends up in office just doesn't screw things up. I'm not expecting miracles, so I don't think anything will get "fixed" right away. I just hope he doesn't "break" anything else!
Steve

Deeman3
07-16-2008, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering the two possibilities, I will be happy if whoever ends up in office just doesn't screw things up. I'm not expecting miracles, so I don't think anything will get "fixed" right away. I just hope he doesn't "break" anything else!
Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I agree. I don't expect him to fix things he didn't cause. Any good faith effort that moves us forward will prove intent. Of course, I was saying as long as he does not hang his hat on everything being the fault of former administrations as a shield for not accomplishing anything I will be satisfied and support him as my president, not abandon him at the first sign of no popular support as the left will. </span>

Jeff
07-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Well, I expect Obama will get elected. I will be very surprised if he doesn't.

And if he does, there are two things I hope happen.

1. I hope they get at least the magic 60 votes, and hopefully a wide vote cushion.

2. I hope they have the balls to actually do what is needed.

DickLeonard
07-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Pooltchr what is left to Break?####

Gayle in MD
07-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Nothing.

But, haven't you heard. Bush says the economy is growing! It's all good.

BWA HA HA HA...

Yesterday's Presidential Press Conference had to be the most ridiculous I've ever seen.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
07-16-2008, 07:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pooltchr what is left to Break?#### </div></div>

Our healthcare system
Our tax system
Our American Heritage and culture
Our boarders
Our economy

I think that covers the obvious things that I believe he has targeted.
Steve

mike60
07-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Steve, you're kidding right? We don't have a health care system. We have a President that said poor people should just go to the emergency room if sick. You just get ignored to death.
Out tax system? The top 1% get all the breaks and the rest of us get broke. Wake up sucker. American Heritage is 300,000,000 different stories, no one group has a right to claim it.
Our Boarders are OK if they pay their rent. Our Borders are a mess but there's thousands of miles to cover. Remember, if you're not Native American Tribal Member you're from
immigrant stock. Our economy is being drained into the pockets of WAR PROFITEERS, LYING OIL BUSINESSMEN, and other off shore tax dodgers etc. Next administration gets to bat clean up.

mike60

pooltchr
07-17-2008, 04:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out tax system? The top 1% get all the breaks and the rest of us get broke.
mike60 </div></div>

Since you bring it up, let me give you some facts.

The top 1% of taxpayers actually pay 40% of all federal income taxes. The top 50% of all taxpayers pay 97% of all federal income taxes. That means the bottom 50% actually only pay 3% of all federal income taxes. So if by "the rest of us" you are talking about the bottom 50%, it ain't taxes that are causing you to be "broke". So maybe you are right...maybe our tax system needs to be revised so that EVERYONE pays their "FAIR SHARE".

I am so tired of the left spouting off about how the rich get all the breaks. The "rich" (top half of all tax payers) are just about paying it all. Those are the facts directly from the Treasury department. Find another arguement.
Steve

Gayle in MD
07-17-2008, 05:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so I was just wondering if everyone will give the next POTUS at least a year in office before we all come down on him...

Im willing to wait a year before i go all LWW and Gayle on him just like i did with GWB shiiittt Im even willing not to remind everyone who help get us in this mess. </div></div>

That will be a great deal easier to do if the Republicans do not commit election fraud AGAIN!

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That will be a great deal easier to do if the Republicans do not commit election fraud AGAIN!</div></div>It is hilarious to see your head in the sand with all these lies.

eg8r

eg8r
07-17-2008, 08:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if by "the rest of us" you are talking about the bottom 50%, it ain't taxes that are causing you to be "broke". So maybe you are right...maybe our tax system needs to be revised so that EVERYONE pays their "FAIR SHARE".</div></div> You are correct it is not taxes that cause them to go broke, it is the fact that they are irresponsible with their finances and the idiots are out using credit cards way beyond their means. They then cry victim (with gayole as their ring leader) because the evil credit card company gave them the credit knowing they were too stupid to have that level of responsibility given to them.

The rich carry this country on their backs and the poor continue to be stupid and buy gas guzzling vehicles and flat panel TVs, to go along with their alcohol and cigs.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-17-2008, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The top 1% of taxpayers actually pay 40% of all federal income taxes. </div></div>

They hold 90% of the wealth, and are hiding trillions of their wealth in the Carribbean, as they defer taxes through loopholes, for decades.

They DO NOT pay their fair share of taxes.

Gayle in Md.

Jeff
07-17-2008, 09:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The rich carry this country on their backs and the poor continue to be stupid and buy gas guzzling vehicles and flat panel TVs, to go along with their alcohol and cigs.

eg8r </div></div>

So anyone who is poor is just stupid, huh? And all poor stupid people are poor and stupid because they smoke and drink?

Great logic...........

The rich got rich by walking on the backs of the average man and woman.

eg8r
07-17-2008, 09:10 AM
They pay more than their fair share and are carrying all the middle and poor class who prefer to buy a 50in flat panel TV than pay for insurance.

eg8r

eg8r
07-17-2008, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So anyone who is poor is just stupid, huh? </div></div>Come on nitwit, follow along. Read what I posted, they are poor people but they are buying gas guzzling vehicles and flat panel TVs. As far as the smoking and drinking...if you partake and are considering yourself poor, then yes you are stupid. It is your own dumb fault for wasting your money on those items when you cannot afford necessities.

The rich get rich by hard work. The poor get poor by complaining about having to work. Boortz puts it perfectly, "The rich get richer by continuing to do the things that got them there, the poor continuing by doing what got them there."

eg8r

Jeff
07-17-2008, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on nitwit, follow along. Read what I posted, they are poor people but they are buying gas guzzling vehicles and flat panel TVs. As far as the smoking and drinking...if you partake and are considering yourself poor, then yes you are stupid. It is your own dumb fault for wasting your money on those items when you cannot afford necessities.

The rich get rich by hard work. The poor get poor by complaining about having to work. Boortz puts it perfectly, "The rich get richer by continuing to do the things that got them there, the poor continuing by doing what got them there."

eg8r </div></div>

I'm sorry but that is probably one of the most ignorant, biased, misinformed, statements I have read in a while.

You really have no clue to the facts of the poor in this country.

Deeman3
07-17-2008, 10:07 AM
[quote=Jeff You really have no clue to the facts of the poor in this country. [/quote]

<span style="color: #FF0000">Then you should share with us the "facts". While ed's statement may be a generalization, we do see a lot of people who are using cell phones, have 300 cable channels, a $600 SUV payment and work at a low skill, low wage job becuase they did not bother with an education, even the free one up through high school. Now, yes, they are poor but are not helping themselves much. You can find some who are truly in bad circumstances not of their own making. That's what the social networks are for and they do work.

It does take sacrifice and work to become better off and self-suficient. In many cases, everyone "deserves" it all now.

Yes, do for the health care system what you have done for the schoool system, the prison system, the social security system. I'm sure it will work this time. </span>

Gayle in MD
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm sorry but that is probably one of the most ignorant, biased, misinformed, statements I have read in a while.

<span style="color: #000066">Those are the only kind of statements he makes! </span>

You really have no clue to the facts of the poor in this country. <span style="color: #000066">Or of anything else. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </span> </div></div>

Gayle in MD
07-17-2008, 11:11 AM
May I ask you, Deeman, if you were born into a poverty strickened family, to parents who were the children of poverty strickened parents, themselves?

I'm sure, not, and I'm sure you were never financially wiped out by cancer, or turned away by an Insurance company, for having a disease which you inherited from your parents, pre-existing, or watched your home float into the ocean, or your take on the subject might be different.

I think that the elitist lack of compassion that I so often observe from Republicans in this country is the hallmark of their out of touch philosophies, and their oh so comfortable, convenient beliefs, which in a large sense, are without conscience.

I am thankful everyday for the parents that I was lucky enough to have, and the way that I was fortunate enough, to grow up, with so many advantages over others around me, parents who never put me through divorce, a mother at home to raise me, and a father who worked hard, and was successful in his efforts, both of them, btw, born into families which also were upper middle class, and both had loving caring parents themselves. I never forget the many, many other Americans, and others around the world, who were not as fortunate and I.

Someone asked what was so great about President Kennedy, and IMO, his understanding of the great advantages he was blessed with, and his desire to give something back to those not as fortunate as he, were part of the character which made him a great president, able to identify with the plight of those who came into this world with three strikes against them, poverty, uneducated parents, and hunger, or illness, for example. But then he was raised by exceptional parents who taught him to appreciate others were not as fortunate as he, which should be the mission of all who were blessed with huge advantages.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
07-17-2008, 12:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on nitwit, follow along. Read what I posted, they are poor people but they are buying gas guzzling vehicles and flat panel TVs. As far as the smoking and drinking...if you partake and are considering yourself poor, then yes you are stupid. It is your own dumb fault for wasting your money on those items when you cannot afford necessities.

eg8r </div></div>

You really have no clue to the facts of the poor in this country. </div></div>

Actually Jeff, I have to say he is somewhat accurate in his statement, though it is a bit generalized as deeman said. But the way I've lived most of my life to this point... well just makes me think eg8r rummaged through my old posts for research on this one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Because I myself am guilty of being proof positive of the said generalization. As are quite a high number of people I know. I'm not reading up on this, I'm not researching this, I didn't see a report on this... I've lived it and seen it--- far too much--- and know eg8r isn't nearly as far of base as you would think.

Sack

Deeman3
07-17-2008, 12:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May I ask you, Deeman, if you were born into a poverty strickened family, to parents who were the children of poverty strickened parents, themselves?

<span style="color: #FF0000">No, my parents were and are of well above moderate means. Their parents were dirt poor farmers, on both sides but my parents took advantage of the opportunities that they had, whiach were few but allowed them to prosper. I have always said and believed we should take care of the truly needy. However, you want to believe the vast majority out there are "victims". I don't blame you. You have been desensitized to the truth about the poor, the working poor and the addicted, the lazy and the ones who do really need help. It is hard to see clearly from the Maryland vantage point. I know I can't change that. Look around you, Gayle, see the choices the poor are making and, again, not at the blogs on Huffington. </span>

I'm sure, not, and I'm sure you were never financially wiped out by cancer, or turned away by an Insurance company, for having a disease which you inherited from your parents, pre-existing, or watched your home float into the ocean, or your take on the subject might be different.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> No, but like my parents, I took as many advantages as I could of the school systems and, later, the opportunity the free market provided. That still exists today but, unfortunately, they don't drive up to your door with it, ecept maybe in Sweden. </span>

I think that the elitist lack of compassion that I so often observe from Republicans in this country is the hallmark of their out of touch philosophies, and their oh so comfortable, convenient beliefs, which in a large sense, are without conscience. (Without Faux guilt)

<span style="color: #FF0000">Gayle, even you remember the many studies that showed which liberals or conservatives give the most by far to charitable, even excluding faith based giving. The liberals want to give them our money, not theirs, an important difference. Compassion described as a hand out insead of a hand up is still the issue. You tried to put a nice picture on this at the time but we all knew the studies were true. </span>

I am thankful everyday for the parents that I was lucky enough to have, and the way that I was fortunate enough, to grow up, with so many advantages over others around me, parents who never put me through divorce, a mother at home to raise me, and a father who worked hard, and was successful in his efforts, both of them, btw, born into families which also were upper middle class, and both had loving caring parents themselves. I never forget the many, many other Americans, and others around the world, who were not as fortunate and I.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Is this your elist background? I am thankful myn parents gave me little beyond an education and grounding in right and wrong and allowed me to make my own way, Otherwise, I might have been a victim like many you speak of. You do not have to be poor to play the victim game. </span>

Someone asked what was so great about President Kennedy, and IMO, his understanding of the great advantages he was blessed with, and his desire to give something back to those not as fortunate as he, were part of the character which made him a great president, able to identify with the plight of those who came into this world with three strikes against them, poverty, uneducated parents, and hunger, or illness, for example. But then he was raised by exceptional parents who taught him to appreciate others were not as fortunate as he, which should be the mission of all who were blessed with huge advantages.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I thought he was raised by a bootlegger who gave absolutely nothing until he saw the opportunity to become an embassador and later to help his sons do well politically. My mistake. I, as well, do not remember John Kennedy as a titan of giving. If I am not mistaken, it was his younger brother, Robert, and later the Kennedy Trust that did that giving. No doubt, he was a great man and a great politician and war hero. he does not need further embellishment for charitable work nor for reforms that were later carried out by that trash talking Texan, LBJ. He targeted the moon for us, he got us into the bar of Pigs, good and bad but not a charity giant. The great society came a couple of years later. </span>

</div></div>

eg8r
07-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Actually the statements are correct since seeing it first hand every day lends itself to credibility. You just have your head in the sand and are looking for a free handout and the rich to pay for everything.

eg8r

eg8r
07-17-2008, 12:31 PM
He knows I am not far off base either, he just has his head in the sand and does not believe people should have responsibility for their own actions if there is someone out there better off who can bail them out.

I know my post was a gross generalization but it does not take a rocket scientist to walk through Walmart and see what is really happening.

eg8r

sack316
07-17-2008, 12:45 PM
right eg8r, heck, y'all are welcome to bypass the hassle of wal-mart and come straight to my apartment. I've lived here for 8 years now, originally moved in for the cheap rent... still here for the choices I've made. Went many times where I couldn't even afford the cheap rent. Come visit my cheap apartment I could barely afford and we can look at pictures of the nice cars I bought and wrecked after blowing bill money on drinking. Count the number of empty cigarrette cartons. Play on the thousands of dollars worth of computers, gaming consoles, and general electronics. Watch my nice new TV I bought recently while between jobs. Rummage through all the fast food and restaurant recieps I've collected over the years. Watch the expensive cable package I've shelled out for over the years. Do it all, and know that there are so many like me that do waste and live in excess even when we shouldn't.

Now you all know me. I go from well off back to poor like some people change underwear. When I've struggled I have worked hard to get back to comfort. I've dealt with personal demons that I allowed to bring me down. And I've been fortunate enough to have a lot of help along the way. I do a lot of dumbass things, but I don't think most of you think of me as a dumbass. But as far as this discussion goes, and the foolish way I handled finances over the years, I'm much more the rule than the exception.

Sack

Deeman3
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
But Sack, I think you would be the last to say, "Life has done all this to me." or "Now I've been able to live life the way I want, I deserve to be taken care of!"

You are still a very young man with the opportunity to do anything you want. If you don't take advantage of that in the next feew years, you'll have gayle demanding we send you money every month. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

mike60
07-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Where oh where have we gone so wrong? Or is it how? Nevermind. It is simple enough. The rich are scum, except for Bill and Melinda Gates, that need to be taught to share. I went to Princeton and believe me the rich are not like us. Those millionaire-billionaires are sitting on the profits of 300 years of getting it correct. When they give it away they give it away. Those crazy bastards as a group have put more than just money
into our Nation. They've gone into public service at an alarming rate. Foregone huge money to work for peanuts as Senators, Ambassadors and other menial labor to try to help guide us forward through wars, famine,
recession, and stupid right wing bullshit. Why right now there are thousands of students at Princeton, Yale, (home of Skull&Bones), Harvard, Columbia and that other school just gnawing at the bit to get into low paying public sector jobs to continue this rich tradition of service. Theodore Kennedy comes to mind. The money that we all contribute that isn't flushed into the Cheney WAR PROFITEER FUND, helps so many ways.
So don't worry about the rich, they can afford so much it doesn't matter. When Cheney-Bush wanted to end the "Death Tax" the most vocal opponent was Bill Gates father. So enjoy Welfare or Medicare or whatever
comes your way its OK.

mike60

sack316
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But Sack, I think you would be the last to say, "Life has done all this to me." or "Now I've been able to live life the way I want, I deserve to be taken care of!"

You are still a very young man with the opportunity to do anything you want. If you don't take advantage of that in the next feew years, you'll have gayle demanding we send you money every month. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

damn right deeman. I'm no victim, I wasn't lost in the shuffle. I had the same opportunities as most everyone else. Life didn't do anything to me, I made the choices I did. And overall, i've loved my life and had a blast. Wouldn't dare change I thing I don't think other than look out for the future Sack a little more than I did. But hey, all that means is that now I'm doing all those things. How many of you responsible people wish you could be back in school? Well I'm an awesome pushing 30 junior now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif lol I think they did a National Lampoon movie on me, kinda.

I wanna make it deeman, I really do. Just waiting on all of you to hand it to me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

mike60
07-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Sack, Right on brother.

mike60

Deeman3
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is simple enough. The rich are scum, except for Bill and Melinda Gates, that need to be taught to share.

<span style="color: #FF0000">These are the only two wealth people who are not scum. You have a strange world view. </span>

I went to Princeton <span style="color: #FF0000">was this before the war hero republican stuff? </span> and believe me the rich are not like us.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Not like us? Who are us? The poor are not like us. The French are not like us. The Canadian Bobsled team is not like us. Brilliant. Princeton huh? </span>

Those millionaire-billionaires are sitting on the profits of 300 years of getting it correct. When they give it away they give it away. Those crazy bastards as a group have put more than just money
into our Nation. They've gone into public service at an alarming rate. Foregone huge money to work for peanuts as Senators, Ambassadors and other menial labor to try to help guide us forward through wars, famine,
recession, and stupid right wing bullshit. Why right now there are thousands of students at Princeton, Yale, (home of Skull&Bones), Harvard, Columbia and that other school just gnawing at the bit to get into low paying public sector jobs to continue this rich tradition of service. Theodore Kennedy comes to mind. The money that we all contribute that isn't flushed into the Cheney WAR PROFITEER FUND, helps so many ways.
So don't worry about the rich, they can afford so much it doesn't matter. When Cheney-Bush wanted to end the "Death Tax" the most vocal opponent was Bill Gates father. So enjoy Welfare or Medicare or whatever
comes your way its OK.

mike60

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I attended a state run university so all that Princeton stuff you just hit me with is way over my pay grade. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I do not worry about the rich, I worry about this country. </span>

mike60
07-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Deeman, Old sod, Jokes are above you? To answer your lovely red toned (very butch i must say) questions. School before and after Army. The French are like us but much better chefs. State Schools are
the bed rock of our country. I admire all schools and students. Again jokes, but the rich give plenty and they can afford it.

mike60

eg8r
07-17-2008, 02:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike(does not know who the heck he is)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went to Princeton <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was this before the war hero republican stuff? </div></div></div></div>LOL, now that is hilarious. If the mods allow him to stick around much longer we might hear how he helped bring down the Wall and landed on the moon.

Princeton? Now that was just darn funny. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If it is true, then my next question is, "when did Princeton lower the entrance requirements so far?"

eg8r

Deeman3
07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deeman, Old sod, Jokes are above you? To answer your lovely red toned (very butch i must say) questions. School before and after Army. The French are like us but much better chefs. State Schools are
the bed rock of our country. I admire all schools and students. Again jokes, but the rich give plenty and they can afford it.

mike60 </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">see! That's better. All you had to do was simplify it for us slower folks. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

mike60
07-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Deeman, My pleasure.

mike60

Qtec
07-18-2008, 05:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So anyone who is poor is just stupid, huh? </div></div>Come on nitwit, follow along. Read what I posted, they are poor people but they are buying gas guzzling vehicles and flat panel TVs. As far as the smoking and drinking...if you partake and are considering yourself poor, then yes you are stupid. It is your own dumb fault for wasting your money on those items when you cannot afford necessities.</div></div>

Didn't GW claim his tax cuts were to stimulate the economy? ie he wanted people to spend the extra cash [ actually most people paid bills with the money.]
If the poor spent their money sensibly and saved their money like you suggest, the US economy would collapse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The rich get rich by hard work. The poor get poor by complaining about having to work. Boortz puts it perfectly, "The rich get richer by continuing to do the things that got them there, <span style="color: #CC0000">ie exploit the poor.</span>the poor continuing by doing what got them there."<span style="color: #CC0000">ie continue to be exploited.</span>eg8r [/quote

[quote]The rich get rich by hard work. </div></div>

Do you think the rich are the only ones who work hard?
Do you really think that you work harder ticking away at the pc than a miner, a docker or a fisherman etc.

Most of todays rich didn't work for it, they inherited it. Paris Hilton didn't even know what WalMart was! I wonder how WalMart got so big, were their clients the poor or the rich? What do you think?
Q

eg8r
07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't GW claim his tax cuts were to stimulate the economy? ie he wanted people to spend the extra cash [ actually most people paid bills with the money.]</div></div> You have no idea what "most" people did. Given the history of the poor this is highly unlikely. I for one did my part, I have used my stimulus check to pay for a much needed vacation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the poor spent their money sensibly and saved their money like you suggest, the US economy would collapse. </div></div> This response from you is quite hilarious. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The poor pay less than 1% of all the taxes in this country. If they hoarded that money we would not be hurting one bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think the rich are the only ones who work hard?</div></div> Nope and that is not even what was implied.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really think that you work harder ticking away at the pc than a miner, a docker or a fisherman etc.</div></div>LOL, you must be a laborer to ask such a question. I am sure if we brought a miner into my office and ask him to start developing user applications he would probably be sweating even harder in my seat than he ever did in that mine (likewise for me having to go into a mine for everyday). The phrase "work harder" is relative.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of todays rich didn't work for it, they inherited it.</div></div>Prove it. I know you are lying but you really have nothing else left for the discussion.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-18-2008, 10:15 AM
I didn't read anything in your post that led me to think that you have sufficient understanding for the differences between the great good fortune you were advantaged to be born into, and the great disadvantage that those who are born into poverty must overcome, both monetarily, and psychologically.

Just to be clear, I don't think that is really who you are, I just think that the right wingnuts, mind you, not you, but the Republican party, peddles a tremendous amount of false figures, and total BS to justify their lack of compassion, action and concern for those in our country who are born into poverty. Their very absurd trickle down theories, prove that.

Again, given that those who make it a point to give, and do so regularly, don't sign any book to record what they do for charity, there is no reasonable way that it can be determined whether the right, or left, contribute the most to the poor.

As for the Kennedy's, I believe they were taught from the cradle that they were advantaged, and all of them, including JFK, worked to help the poor and disadvantaged,and contributed to America in good and great ways.

What made Kennedy a great president, among many other things, was the ability to inspire the best from Americans, who believed in him, and his ability to speak to the world in one human language, and also educate Americans about how to make our country greater, and how to be a part of that effort. He did not pit classes against one another, and he set admirable goals for our country, and encouraged all Americans to contribute to those goals. I'm quite sure that not one of us could imagine JFK degrading homosexuals, low income afro-Americans, women in poverty who seek abortions, or making a big damned deal over gay marriage, or invading a country on lies, inuendo, and deceit.

He was a GREAT President, along with Washington, Adams, Roosevelt, Truman and Abraham Lyncoln, because he knew how to lead the country on the path of its own best interests.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
07-18-2008, 10:58 PM
There was a survey. Most used the meager tax cuts to pay bills.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This response from you is quite hilarious. \:\) The poor pay less than 1% of all the taxes in this country. If they hoarded that money we would not be hurting one bit. </div></div>

Rubbish. The US economy depends on the purchasing power of the ordinary American.
The guy who makes 100 million in a year may have to pay 25 M in taxes. Sure, its a lot of money but what does he have left over?
The guy who makes 40 G pays the same rate and ends up with nothing at the end of the year- and we should feel sorry for the rich guy?

Quote Q:
"Do you think the rich are the only ones who work hard?

eg8r, "Nope and that is not even what was implied.

Sure it was, It was a sneer. ie, if you are poor then you don't work hard enough.

Q, "Do you really think that you work harder ticking away at the pc than a miner, a docker or a fisherman etc.

eg8r, "LOL, you must be a laborer to ask such a question.

Thats another snobbish remark. If I was a labourer, does that make me somehow less than equal to you? Am I now a pleb to be sneered at?

eg8r " I am sure if we brought a miner into my office and ask him to start developing user applications he would probably be sweating even harder in my seat than he ever did in that mine (likewise for me having to go into a mine for everyday)."

The difference is that if you FK up you only get fired- when the miner FKs up, the miner is dead and possibly others also.

" The phrase "work harder" is relative."

Sure, you can say everything IS relative but thats what you can't seem to understand. You are incapable of thinking outside the box. There is no way you can possibly put yourself in someone else's shoes and try to imagine their life. You will always have a lack of compassion for those less fortunate than yourself because you automatically blame them for their situation.

Q.........gasp

pooltchr
07-19-2008, 06:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You will always have a lack of compassion for those less fortunate than yourself because you automatically blame them for their situation.

Q.........gasp </div></div>

I have compassion for someone who was born in a country where they have no control over their own destiny. The great thing about America is the individual freedom (and along with it, responsibility) we have to choose our own path. If I'm stuck in a dead-end job here, I have the opportunity to get an education and change direction. If I don't like my life, I can either feel sorry for myself, become a victim, and hope the government will take care of me...or I can take control of my life and make it better. The circumstances might be beyond my control, but how I choose to deal with them is entirely up to me.

Nobody in this country is forced to be a victim. Many choose to be!

Steve

sack316
07-19-2008, 07:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sure, you can say everything IS relative but thats what you can't seem to understand. You are incapable of thinking outside the box. There is no way you can possibly put yourself in someone else's shoes and try to imagine their life. You will always have a lack of compassion for those less fortunate than yourself because you automatically blame them for their situation.

Q.........gasp </div></div>

But then deeper than that is how one got to that situation and why they would be stuck as some would imply. Rare would be the case anyone can be a minor, or a wal-mart cashier, or fry cook, or wherever you wanna go with this, via a lack of options otherwise. And then again there are some who do these jobs proudly and perhaps scoff at some assuming they are to be looked at as "less fortunate" based solely on their job function in society.

Sack

DickLeonard
07-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Pooltchr what about the people that Karl Rove and the ATTorney Generals attacked using the full force of the Government.

So that paragrph about Nobody in this Country is forced to be a Victum has plenty of flaws in it.

I know of Mafia figures of serving years in prison that the FBI fixed the evidence to convict them.

Four in Boston just received 110 million dollars for false imprisonment where the FBI withheld info that proved they were innocent. They had served between 25 to 30 years in prison and one died there.

Then there are others whose father kept them from Jail namely GWB when he sold his stock on insider information and thirty days later the company stock went in the toilet.

He never filed that he had sold the Stock which was required by Law until 6 months later. A Violation of SEC Laws no charges filed.

The Security Exchanged investigated and failed to charge GWB with a crime. Of course when your father appointed the SEC investigators that passed on GWB that was simple.

He must never have been asked the same Questions that Martha Stewart was asked. Either way George had broken the law, he had insider info. And if he answered he didn't have insider info he would have committed Perjury.

In short the White House is Occupied by a Criminal unconvicted thru his Fathers pull.

Can you imagine the hell Georgie Boy put his father thru trying to keep him out of Jail. Where he belong by the way.####

pooltchr
07-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I understand how it might be difficult for you to follow the discussion, but we were talking about having compassion for those who supposedly don't have the same opportunities as those born into different circumstances. My point is everyone in this country has the same opportunities to go to school, get an education, work hard, make good choices and be successful. The "victims" I was talking about are those who make poor choices and decisions in their lives, and then can't seem to comprehend the fact that it was their own choices for the most part that got them where they are.

In some countries, people don't have the freedom of self determination. In this country, we do. Those who don't take advantage of it need to live with the consequences.

Steve

mike60
07-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Steve, This is a circular logic condition.

I have compassion for someone who was born in a country where they have no control over their own destiny. The great thing about America is the individual freedom (and along with it, responsibility) we have to choose our own path. If I'm stuck in a dead-end job here, I have the opportunity to get an education and change direction. If I don't like my life, I can either feel sorry for myself, become a victim, and hope the government will take care of me...or I can take control of my life and make it better. The circumstances might be beyond my control, but how I choose to deal with them is entirely up to me.

Nobody in this country is forced to be a victim. Many choose to be

Far too many individuals are stuck without a chance to improve themselves because they already have kids and they must work and not have any ability to retrain or get more education.
Your words state you may " take control of my life and make it better". Please for the enlightenment of the rest of us tell us how? Your final sentence makes the opposite claim.
"The circumstances might be beyond my control, but how I choose to deal with them is entirely up to me."
You can't have it both ways, one of your statements claims independence of action the other claims ""The circumstances might be beyond my control".
So tell us "how I choose to deal with them is entirely up to me." is accomplished.

mike60

pooltchr
07-19-2008, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Far too many individuals are stuck without a chance to improve themselves because they already have kids <span style="color: #FF0000"> and this is a situation brought about by an individual's poor choices of having unprotected sex sometime in the past</span> and they must work <span style="color: #FF0000"> Unless you are born with a silver spoon or win the lottery, everyone must work.</span> and not have any ability to retrain or get more education. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Two words...night school. If someone wants something badly enough, they will find a way. I never said it was easy. I remember my father holding down 3 jobs at a time when I was a kid. I'm sure it wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible either.</span>
Your words state you may " take control of my life and make it better". Please for the enlightenment of the rest of us tell us how? <span style="color: #FF0000">Get a job. get two or three. go to school. learn to hustle pool. Start your own business. My daughter learned how to do transcription so she could work and still be home with the kids. </span> Your final sentence makes the opposite claim.
"The circumstances might be beyond my control, but how I choose to deal with them is entirely up to me." <span style="color: #FF0000"> Circumstances are that I don't like the run down conditions where I live. My choices are to continue to be a victim and live that way, or do something about it. Circumstances might say that I lost my job due to a poor economy (all beyond my control) My choices are to collect unemployment, or go out and get another job. And if it isn't the perfect job, work hard at it while I look for other opportunities.</span>
You can't have it both ways, one of your statements claims independence of action the other claims ""The circumstances might be beyond my control".
So tell us "how I choose to deal with them is entirely up to me." is accomplished. <span style="color: #FF0000"> I've just given you a couple of examples.</span>

mike60 </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000"> It's not rocket science. You can make excuses how it isn't your fault, or you can accept responsibility and do something about it.

I teach this in my pool school. If you miss a shot, you must determine why. If your answer to why is something like the pockets are too tight, the cloth is too fast, it's too hot here, the chalk sucks, or whatever, they you are a victim. As a victim, you have no control, so there is nothing you can do to improve the situation. Now, if your answer is, I raised up during the shot, I aimed at the wrong spot, I have a flaw in my stroke that doesn't let the cue move straight, I have an alignment problem, etc. now you have taken responsibility for the problem, and now there is something YOU CAN DO TO CORRECT IT.

Can I make it any more clear???
Steve</span>

mike60
07-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Steve, Oh the humanity! Your cruel and unusual view of the reality is somehow bent by what must be crushing guilt.

This is so stupidly put as to question your actual humanity.

"Far too many individuals are stuck without a chance to improve themselves because they already have kids and this is a situation brought about by an individual's poor choices of having unprotected sex sometime in the past"

What of the kids from broken marriages or a parent dying? What of prisoners kids or active duty troops kids both of whom may need food stamps to survive? Oh yeah, "night school.

Your Father sounds like a stand up guy. My Mother started as a waitress, cook.

"I remember my father holding down 3 jobs at a time when I was a kid. I'm sure it wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible either." "Get a job. get two or three."

It's easy to tell people get a job. It's much more real to ask what job? Your Dad, my Mom are from a different era. Long gone are the days of $100.@ week pay.

Back then, 1950's-60's. $100.@week equaled; a house payment, a car payment for a new car, taxes, food and fuel, a kid in college, clothing and laundry and

incidentals. And there were jobs to be had by anyone trying to fine one. Even the poison costs more. Cigarettes were $.12 @pack 1956. Today i'm not sure but in NYC

$7.50 is common.

"Can I make it any more clear???" No, it's obvious where you stand and i don't envy your cynical denial of common humanity for others in the richest, most free

Country in the world. Thanks for nothing.

mike60

pooltchr
07-20-2008, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cigarettes were $.12 @pack 1956. Today i'm not sure but in NYC

$7.50 is common.

mike60 </div></div>

If buying groceries or paying the rent is a problem, I think cigarettes would fall into the catagory of poor personal choices...same thing for beer. But I see people who are struggling to make their $600 a month truck payment (who in their right mind needs a pick-up truck that costs that much when the bank is calling threatening to forclose on their house? I have seen that exact thing going on with people I know!) walk into work with 3 packs in their hand every day.
I don't have any problem helping someone who truely needs it, but I have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't take the initiative to do what they can to help themselves first.

Call me a cold hearted sob if you like, but the way I see it, there are people who deserve our help, and others who don't.

sack316
07-20-2008, 06:51 AM
I thought of this part of the thread last night watching TV as I tried to sleep. Watching Fun With Dick and Jane on TBS, the part where Dick is leaving his new job at a costco-like store, yelling at management, " I don't need this job anyway! How do you expect me to feed my family on this salary anyway?" as he hits the keychain alarm unlocking his BMW. As he gets in and sees the manager looking at him: "It's a lease!". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
07-20-2008, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought of this part of the thread last night watching TV as I tried to sleep. Watching Fun With Dick and Jane on TBS, the part where Dick is leaving his new job at a costco-like store, yelling at management, " I don't need this job anyway! How do you expect me to feed my family on this salary anyway?" as he hits the keychain alarm unlocking his BMW. As he gets in and sees the manager looking at him: "It's a lease!". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack </div></div>

Now that is funny...I don't care who you are!
Get er dunn!!!!

Steve

mike60
07-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Steve, The part about cigarettes was just in show inflationary traps. Much more important is your denial of the job availability. You do hit it with the misplaced truck costs and
being able to make rent or house payments. No easy answers. The income and spending by the American working people was the highest in the world from late 1940's into the 1960's. Then we had 6% of the world population and 50% of the Industry. Not any more. Big business went to Japan, then Nationalist China, then Indonesia, then India,
then CHINA, who kept it.

mike60

wolfdancer
07-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I'll tell you what's hilarious....with all the sex scandals, corruption,incompetence, cover ups, lies, AND convictions for said offenses... by members of the RNP...you still believe it's the Christian conservatives Vs the Godless left.
You not only got your head buried in the sand, but it's up to your a$$...pardon my french.
At least Steve admits that both parties leaders won't be considered for Sainthood....
Well, Bush maybe, if he can balance the budget in his final year...The Catholic church usually require two miracles, but may cut him some slack......

wolfdancer
07-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Gayle, the last time there was such an economic disparity, it led to the great depression.
While Steve would like to see the WalMart,(and their counterparts) $7 an hour workers, pay more taxes to reduce the unfair burden on the rich....since they already can't afford health coverage...I wonder where that would lead to???
Bush meanwhile, has a new proposal to lead to full, 100% employment for the country....Plantations!!!!!

hondo
07-20-2008, 04:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, the last time there was such an economic disparity, it led to the great depression.
While Steve would like to see the WalMart,(and their counterparts) $7 an hour workers, pay more taxes to reduce the unfair burden on the rich....since they already can't afford health coverage...I wonder where that would lead to???
Bush meanwhile, has a new proposal to lead to full, 100% employment for the country....Plantations!!!!! </div></div>

Excellent post. Welcome back, Wolfie.

mike60
07-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Hondo,, Now that's funny.

mike60

pooltchr
07-20-2008, 07:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While Steve would like to see the WalMart,(and their counterparts) $7 an hour workers, pay more taxes to reduce the unfair burden on the rich</div></div>

Come on, Wolf. Show me where I ever said anything like that. I don't want to increase taxes on ANYBODY! I would like to see them cut wherever possible, but along with that, I would like to see federal spending drastically cut!

My boss has about 20 employees. When the business makes profits, he literally hands out cash bonuses to the employees. If his taxes go up, he has less of that cash to hand out. So if the taxes get raised on the top 5% in our company, the other 95% lose out. So in this case, a tax on the "rich" ends up hurting the average wage earner. His income won't change at all, but all the rest of us will have a decrease, because the government will be getting what we used to get.

I'm all for leaving as much as possible in the hands of those who work for it, and keeping as much as possible out of the hands of the Washington politicians.

Steve

mike60
07-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Steve, Any cash in hand is well earned these days. The trickle down-supply side theory is a blind for the i got mine fuck you school of economics. Tax business and rich
people and everybody according to a fair code and have social security and universal health care and all the civilizing aspects of living in a country where we do look out for each other, some more than others. Don't worry you're included. Depending on the largess of the boss is little comfort when medical bills or house payments or any other financial need it home. A decent wage and universal health coverage alone would be a good start. Federal spending is really Defense spending for the most part.
President Eisenhower warned us and we still get reamed for useless junk by the billion. Maybe if the Contractors supplying the troops did their job there would be hot
meals in tactical zones or armored vehicles for every patrol. You have nothing to do with tax policy and that's a good thing. Cheney-Bush refused to sign anything even
requiring just prevailing wage for government contracts unless it one of the no bid hand outs to their WAR PROFITEERING SCUM CONTRIBUTORS. To all you wingbat
denial freaks, YES, CHENY-BUSH DID IT!

Steve you rail against hand outs and then tell us you depend on a hand out from the boss to actually give you what you and the other employees create, profit.

You can't have both ways and still make sense.

mike60 glad any of us have a job

pooltchr
07-21-2008, 04:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Steve you rail against hand outs and then tell us you depend on a hand out from the boss to actually give you what you and the other employees create, profit.

You can't have both ways and still make sense.

mike60 glad any of us have a job </div></div>

I don't depend on it...it's a BONUS. But what it does is allow me more money to spend as I want...which puts more money back in the economy. Some of it might go to my pool room owner, some to the restaurant down the street, etc. Now each of these businesses has a little extra income. Now the pool room owner can buy some new cloth for the tables. Now the distributor of cloth makes some extra money.....see how trickle down economics works?
Steve

eg8r
07-21-2008, 09:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll tell you what's hilarious....with all the sex scandals, corruption,incompetence, cover ups, lies, AND convictions for said offenses... by members of the RNP...you still believe it's the Christian conservatives Vs the Godless left.
</div></div>I have not said anything about religion. If you find that hilarious that is fine but it is a strawman in your little head.

It is sad to see you are back to your same old ways where you will get out of control for a while and have to apologize only to see the cycle repeat itself once again.

eg8r

eg8r
07-21-2008, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on, Wolf. Show me where I ever said anything like that. I don't want to increase taxes on ANYBODY! I would like to see them cut wherever possible, but along with that, I would like to see federal spending drastically cut!</div></div> Trying to talk common sense to wolf is like talking to a brick wall.

eg8r

wolfdancer
07-21-2008, 11:06 AM
F**K if I'd ever apologize to you...a bigot and a chicken hawk, who consistently tries to belittle people for their beliefs, that go against yours.
I see you as the kind of indoctrinated **** that stood by in times gone past and allowed people to be slaughtered for opposing the ruling elite.
It's you that should apologize here for the many childish slurs and insults that you tack on to others posts, especially Gayle's (big man putting down that sweet grandmotherly type)
I take a break from posting here every so often lest I sink to your level.....
You're at work now, and with a defense contract...that means I'm paying part of your overblown salary...how about logging out, and giving us our money's worth?

eg8r
07-21-2008, 11:49 AM
You have apologized more than once and the beginning of your post shows that I was correct.

eg8r

sack316
07-21-2008, 11:54 AM
eg8r, you know darm well people such as yourself are bigoted and do nothing but belittle others. Unless you do the same form of posting with a leftist perspective, then you are "enlightened" my friend.

Wolfie, Sack loves ya, but ya can't single out an eg8r or an LWW or someone while leaving a liberal equivalent untouched. The sh*t comes flying from both directions on here

Sack

**editing to add, OK, maybe I shouldn't have tossed in LWW... there os nobody quite like him /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

mike60
07-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Steve, Trickle down is not getting a bonus. It is a joke. Played on the USA since Reagan and proven useless nonsense by every economist with a conscience. I said that
you and your fellow employees created that bonus as your regular job. The boss may well be a good guy and deserve kudos for being fair. Most jobs aren't like that.
You neglect to refer to the words about universal health care or the need to honor the Social Security System. As for no bid Dept. of Defense contracts for the usual
WAR PROFITEERING SCUM have you an opinion?
When you take your bonus to the poolroom or elsewhere it is your contribution to these businesses that is not "extra money" it is their expected income and has nothing
extra about it.

miguel60

pooltchr
07-21-2008, 05:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you take your bonus to the poolroom or elsewhere it is your contribution to these businesses that is not "extra money" it is their expected income and has nothing
extra about it.

miguel60 </div></div>

If it was extra money to me, then it is money that the poolroom wouldn't have gotten. If I didn't have it, I couldn't spend it. Money flows from one person to the next. That's how our economy works.

We have two very large NASCAR events here every year. And every year the local government always reminds us how much money is brought into our economy. According to their statistics, every dollar a tourist spends here during race weeks, is "re-spent" on average 7 times in the region. The only problem is that every time that dollar changes hands, the government gets to tax it. The tourist paid income tax on it, the t-shirt vendor had to pay tax on it, the guy who runs the restaurant where the t-shirt guy ate has to pay tax on it, so I guess after 7 people have handled that dollar, it's all gone in the form of taxes! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif So the government decides to mail out economic stimulus checks to put some money back into the economy. So I spend mine at the pool room, the pool room owner pays tax on it. He buys new cloth with what's left, and the cloth company pays tax on it...and the cycle starts all over again.

Social security...yes, those who have paid into it deserve to get it back.

Universal Health Care? Giving the government control over my health care scares the Hell out of me! Do I really want the same people who oversee the Department of Motor Vehicles overseeing my healthcare?????

The Neatherlands has it. Ask Q to explain what happens to newborns if the doctors determine they will never be able to read or write or hold down a job. (Hint: they aren't given the chance to become a drain on the government health care system.)
Steve

mike60
07-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Steve, Good points sir. We can get the health care without the Netherlands helping out.

Good luck,

miguel60