PDA

View Full Version : Talisman Tips - Scott Lee

griffith_d
08-09-2002, 12:23 PM
Attn: Scott Lee

I just purchased some Talisman WB domed tips from the Talisman Site and saw your site area.

I have installed many tips in my life without any ever coming off or having problems and all played fine. After reading the Talisman installation tips,...do you suggest that I have it professionally performed?

I ask for two Medium and two Hard. I am not sure if they will do that mix as the site mentioned about mixing, I was a little unsure of what mixing they were talking about.

What would be the better tip for playing, the hard or the med.?

Thanks in advance.

Griff

bluewolf
08-09-2002, 03:49 PM
i have the soft one which is fine since i dont hit all that hard. but i guess someone with more punch in their stroke would do well with a medium.i think it grabs the chalk and the cb better than the hard.

just guessing

bluewolf

Troy
08-09-2002, 04:16 PM
Griff, you don't say if you ordered the Pro series or the Water Buffalo series and either domed or un-domed.

I have installed many Talisman tips using a lathe with zero problems.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_d:</font><hr> Attn: Scott Lee

I just purchased some Talisman WB tips from the Talisman Site and saw your site area.

I have installed many tips in my life without any ever coming off or having problems and all played fine. After reading the Talisman installation tips,...do you suggest that I have it professionally performed?

I ask for two Medium and two Hard. I am not sure if they will do that mix as the site mentioned about mixing, I was a little unsure of what mixing they were talking about.

What would be the better tip for playing, the hard or the med.?

Thanks in advance.

Griff <hr></blockquote>

griffith_d
08-09-2002, 06:39 PM
I stated Talisman WB, but I did not state domed or not. Thanks for the comment.

Griff

bluewolf
08-10-2002, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_d:</font><hr> I stated Talisman WB, but I did not state domed or not. Thanks for the comment.

Griff <hr></blockquote>

oh. i have the pro one. it cost 20$ for the tip and to have it put on.

bluewolf

SpiderMan
08-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Griffith,

I've never had installation problems with Talismans, but I was pretty unhappy with the performance of the WB medium on my Jacoby cue. Here's a link to a thread you might want to read, also in one of my posts in that thread I provide a link to some pictures of the installed WB.

SpiderMan

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=8271&amp;S earch=true&amp;Forum=ccbboard&amp;Words=spiderman%20talism an%20wedding%20cake&amp;Match=And&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=2 5&amp;Old=6months&amp;Main=8104

Scott Lee
08-11-2002, 09:37 AM
Griff...Even though I am perfectly capable of putting on my own tips, I generally rely on others who do that for a living to take care of my tips. Many people do their own tipwork, and do a great job at it. Spiderman is one who does his own, and works on others as well. His work is excellent.

As far as recommending one tip hardness over another, or WB over the regular leather layered tips by Talisman...again, this is a personal issue. As an instructor, I personally don't believe as much of the hype about ANY particular tip being the end-all, be-all for playing pool. ANY tip will work fine, if you have the stroke to be able to use it. I prefer layered tips, as they wear better and last longer. I break with my playing cue, as well, and layered tips do not tend to mushroom like some others. I, myself, prefer the Talisman Hard tips. Talisman, imo, are a better layered tip, for the money! I have been playing with mine on a daily basis for two years, and have no need to replace them yet! Hope this answers your question! Email me for any other questions.

Scott Lee

Sid_Vicious
08-11-2002, 10:17 AM
Scott...I recently let Spiderman put on a WB single layered tip on one of my cues and this tip so far is the cat's meow. I was staged to put a WB Talisman on another cue and I am now wondering if that is what I will want to do since the single layer is dancing so well. Decisions, decisions. To add to the dilemma, I am also testing a Triangle S-Man installed as a test, and it came alive this morning in my first waking-up strokes. I used Triangles for years, now this one seems like a performer. Oh well, the Talisman Pro XH tips I have on nearly all my cues are great, and after hearing your 2 year life span...mine will NEVER need relpacing due to wearing out.

That WB non layers tip really make my old McDermott work well...sid

griffith_d
08-11-2002, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the posts, I am playing with a Le Pro Med and wanted to try a better quality tip. The Moori's are expensive, but if they are worth it, I would buy one. People seem to like the Talisman and I got 4 for $30, delivery included. Not a bad price.

The hardness of the tip for me should be between Med and Hard and Talisman did not have a MH like other tips, so I will try the Hard for now.

I tried playing with my Pred BK which has a Tiger tip (made just for the BK by Tiger) harder than Tiger's hardest tip. It is too hard to play with, as I misscued more than my Le Pro, which is expected.

I would rather have harder than softer, as I do not want to keep changing tips all the time.

Thanks again for all of the comments,
Griff