PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to remove a sticker from a cue

zombiemodder
07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Whats the best way to remove it with out scatching the cue or leaving it sticky? Thanks.

Rich R.
07-18-2008, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zombiemodder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the best way to remove it with out scatching the cue or leaving it sticky? Thanks. </div></div>
Get a product named Goo-off. You can find it in most hardware stores, grocery stores and stationary stores.
There is also a similar product called Goof Off and that will also work.

DeadCrab
07-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Might depend on what part of the cue it is on.

If it is on the butt, the wood is probably protected by several layers of urethane, and some local brief soaking with a wet washrag will probably get it.

If it is on the shaft, I'd get as much as possible peeled off and then use a fine abrasive (like Q-Wiz) to get the residual glue.

FWIW, I use some tape markers on my cue, and the residual glue comes of with some gentle rubbing. No chemicals or water needed.

Paul_Mon
07-18-2008, 09:00 AM
You might be thinking of Goo-Gone. Works great. Citrus based.

Eric.
07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I might suggest "Bug, Tar, Gum" remover.

YOu might find this in a spray can, from most auto parts stores. The stuff is made to dissolve gum, tar, and bugs(duh) from automotive finishes (paint). A lot of modern cues use an autmotive clear coat finish too.

Eric &gt;safe stuff