PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Mike60 and Jeff !!!

wolfdancer
07-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Glad to see that you both have joined in the friendly political discussions that we have here. The forum has been listing dramatically to the right and was in danger of sinking to a new low....but it looks like you guys will help restore the equilibrium here...at least I'll have something interesting to read besides buuttt bbuuush ...(read lww)
I use Smith's rules of debates as a guideline for my posts:

# Do not be afraid to use visual aids

http://www.insanesoccer.com/games/files/thefinger.jpg

* Avoid lengthy and repetitive presentations of facts or stories. Avoid mouthing a familiar party-line.( read lww,Ed)

* Write confidently; always as if you believe absolutely in what you are writing, maintain a consistent front.

* If you think you have wrote enough, move directly to your conclusion. Do not leave the readership with the impression that you have not wrote enough. (or too much.. read lww)

* Never concede that you agree with the other side or suggest compromise positions.
* Use radical and imaginative gambits to keep the attention and sympathy of your audience. For example: pretend to agree with almost everything the opposing side says, but then reveal how what your opponents say implies that they are in fact quite wrong. Or use the method of reductio ad absurdum (i.e. show that, if the opposing side were correct, then this would have absurd consequences). (easily done here...read lww)

* Do not use ad hominem arguments.... (read lww, Ed,...et al)

Jeff
07-19-2008, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see that you both have joined in the friendly political discussions that we have here. The forum has been listing dramatically to the right and was in danger of sinking to a new low....but it looks like you guys will help restore the equilibrium here...at least I'll have something interesting to read besides buuttt bbuuush ...(read lww)

</div></div>

Wow, thanks

An official welcome.

We have to stick together, after all, we are fighting for truth, justice, and the American way..........

oh, wait, that's already been used, hasn't it?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Well, any way, thanks

LWW
07-19-2008, 11:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see that you both have joined in the friendly political discussions that we have here. The forum has been listing dramatically to the right and was in danger of sinking to a new low....but it looks like you guys will help restore the equilibrium here...at least I'll have something interesting to read besides buuttt bbuuush ...(read lww)

</div></div>

Wow, thanks

An official welcome.

We have to stick together, after all, we are fighting for truth, justice, and the American way..........

oh, wait, that's already been used, hasn't it?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Well, any way, thanks

. </div></div>
Truth as in being spoon fed propaganda and practicing doublethink, justice as in pronouncing guilt without trial of those who oppose your agenda and giving blanket passes to those who promote it, the American way as in surrendering our sovereignty to the UN and practicing sedition at home.

War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength.

You guys really need to get a good dictionary because you use words contrary to their definitions.

LWW

Jeff
07-19-2008, 11:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You guys really need to get a good dictionary because you use words contrary to their definitions.

LWW </div></div>

WAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA

I want some attention

WAAAAAAAAAA

(Picture if you will, LWW on the floor kicking and screaming and throwing a tantrum as a kid)

(Now picture him still doing it today)

WAAAAAAAA

mike60
07-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Secret videos from hidden camera deep inside L DUB DUCKY's lair show he actually is a 750 pound weakling. Suspended in a lime jello filled wading pool and fed by tubes of some lumpy syrup seeming to be made by zombie insects. Other than that he's a normal brain dead zombie.

mike60

eg8r
07-21-2008, 09:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Write confidently; always as if you believe <span style="color: #FF0000">(even though you know you are wrong)</span> absolutely in what you are writing, maintain a consistent front.</div></div> In doing this, you will have to make sure to tow your partisan party lines.

I love the "never concede" part. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Talking with you has always been like talking to a wall.

eg8r

wolfdancer
07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Ed, I used to have some respect for you; it's obvious that you are an intelligent person....(much smarter then myself, I have to admit)....but I read hatred into many of your posts, and if your beliefs, ever became popular,we would be moving towards a police state. Admit it....you are a bigot when it comes to politics, religion, economic status...for Christ's sake, you are even a Yankee lover...and how un-American can that be???
You have this auto-response, a blanket denial of any news item that casts doubt on the admin, or this war, and it's insider profiteers. " Unless I see the nail marks in his hands..."
I believe you have politics mixed up with religion, and that you think this is a Christians Vs Pagans issue.
I also think you have dumbed down your posts to the level of your new ally, lww
As for me not conceding....what's there to concede? I only comment on a news story...I see a photo of an iceberg melting and think maybe there's something to this climate change thing....you see the same photo and believe it's a leftist conspiracy...

The political difference between you and I....I don't have a blanket hatred of the right. I'm also in favor of the two party system...you'd be the first to vote against it, if you could.
Hey, here's an idea for you...retire to Singapore, where there is one ruling party, and one can get arrested for chewing gum, having long hair, or baggy pants.
( I'm all for the baggy pants arrests though )

eg8r
07-21-2008, 12:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but I read hatred into many of your posts, and if your beliefs, ever became popular,we would be moving towards a police state.</div></div>I don't get anywhere near as emotional as you do on this board. I don't believe I have posted any hate but I understand that my strong displeasure could be viewed that way.

As far as me mixing politics and religion...I still have not mentioned religion but this is now the second post which you have.

Your views of me are pretty strong but it is what it is. After reading your posts for the past few years I can see how you would come to such a conclusion about someone who does not agree with you and will state it in black and white.

I am no where near retirement age but thanks for the recommendation. I am with you on the baggy pants thing, but I also think you should add hats worn at an angle, and boxer shorts showing.

eg8r

pooltchr
07-21-2008, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ think you should add hats worn at an angle,
eg8r </div></div>

Whenever I see that, I can only think of two people....GOOBER and GOMER!

If I didn't know better, I would swear that simply wearing a baseball cap sideways can reduce someone's IQ by at least 150 points!

Steve

mike60
07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Steve, 150 IQ points? That would create a negative number in most kids.

miguel60

eg8r
07-22-2008, 08:24 AM
If someone has their hat on at an angle, there is a good chance they don't have 150 points to spare. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
07-22-2008, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone has their hat on at an angle, there is a good chance they don't have 150 points to spare. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Just can't resist:

http://www.flarescreen.com/images/falko_sm.jpg

Sack

wolfdancer
07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
obviously, an informed voter. It really doesn't matter who wins this time...the American people lose. neither guy really is Presidential material...although by comparison to GWB, they both shine....I hate to think of either one left sleeping with the
"button" to start nuclear war. John could have a flashback, nightmare to his captivity days, while Barack could just have a bad dream, "***** honkies"
Actually whomever wins, they lose....they can't undo the mess in just 4 years that Bush has created, and the blame will shift over to them

sack316
07-22-2008, 12:04 PM
agree with ya there for the most part. I don't think either will make for a great President, but I do think the people will be happy with simply progress over perfection. I don't think blame will shift over to them... I think either one will gladly use Bush as a scapegoat (probably rightly so) along the way. Any screw up over the next four years will go like this "yeah, but remember where we were, and look at where we are now" or something like that. Some pretty easy deflection is available for any crisis that may happen.

Sack

Deeman3
07-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Sack,

I think you are right. With his remarkable speaking skills and the press not willing to say anything negative about him, he will be able to deflect most criticism and blame Bush for a while. Most will buy it, even me for a time.

I think, on the world stage he will be able to do no wrong, with the exception of Israel's viewpoint, but we will have abandoned them by then, I think.

I really hope you are right that we can look back and compare our economy as how bad it was. My view is that we will be much deeper in a hole by the time he has 4 years under his belt with a love fest Congress at his beck and call.

However, we will, of course, have hope and can always say, "Yes, we can!" That will pay a lot of the bills in itself. Of course, there maybe tangible benefits to no more war to pay for as well as the reduced cost with the free health care.

All in all, I do hope we see change that will benefit us all. If it takes the further decline of our country socially, it may be worth the cost this time as many of us are just tired of the turmoil and would love to see one politician who is beyond critique for a term or two.

eg8r
07-22-2008, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">obviously, an informed voter. It really doesn't matter who wins this time...the American people lose. </div></div>I with you 100% on this one. In the past I voted for Bush just to make sure Gore or Kerry was not elected, this time it does not matter, both are equally dangerous.

eg8r