PDA

View Full Version : The Open Championship

sack316
07-19-2008, 07:36 AM
If anyone even said we'd ever hear from Greg Norman or David Duval again, much less be contending in a Major, well then you sir are some kind of sorcerer. Amazing and I hope these two can keep it up.

Sack

Chopstick
07-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Me too. I would love to see Norman stand up and win something after the Masters. It would make a great golf story. Doesn't look to good today though. Duval opened with a triple and Norman is at +3 now. I am still hoping though.

DickLeonard
07-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Chopstick David Duval's disappearance from Golf was a total mystery. I never saw anyone on the top of his game self destruct like David. I would love to see him make a comeback and regain his Game.. ####

wolfdancer
07-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Dick, whoever wins the open should get an asterisk after his name, since Tiger isn't playing.
Duval and Norman are giving me something to root for though....but I was also pulling for Rocco and Villegas.
I'm thinking of adopting "Spider Man's" aiming system for pool.
http://img.timeinc.net/golf/i/tours/2007/12/dec_camillo_6_299x399.jpg

sack316
07-19-2008, 07:28 PM
well, it's pretty well safe to assume Duvall isn't gonna do it. But Norman is on top by 2 strokes going to the final round. Here's hoping!

Sack

pooltchr
07-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Wolf,
I couldn't disagree more. Tiger does not play in every tournament, and he does not win every tournament he plays. Granted the odds will usually favor him when he does play, but to take anything away from the winner of a major just because one player was out makes no sense. Should the winner of next year's super bowl have an asterisk because Farve was not QB at Green Bay? Should a win over New England by any team have an asterisk if Brady didn't play? If you won a pool tournament, should you have an asterisk because I didn't play????????
Steve

sack316
07-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Steve, do they even still play a tournament if your name isn't on the bracket?

Sack

wolfdancer
07-20-2008, 03:01 AM
Steve, the asterisk comment wasn't meant to be taken serious.
If you check out Tigers last 10 tournaments though, he's got an awesome win percentage.
I'd hope you wouldn't skip any tournament I'd be playing in...I could use the warm up on my way to the finals /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
07-20-2008, 06:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, do they even still play a tournament if your name isn't on the bracket?

Sack </div></div>

I don't know. If my name isn't on the bracket, I'm usually not there. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Steve

pooltchr
07-20-2008, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, the asterisk comment wasn't meant to be taken serious.
If you check out Tigers last 10 tournaments though, he's got an awesome win percentage.
I'd hope you wouldn't skip any tournament I'd be playing in...I could use the warm up on my way to the finals /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>
No doubt Tiger plays at a whole different level. He would be the favorite in any event where he plays.
I'll give you the warm up, just so you know what to expect when you meet me in the finals! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
(seriously, I would really enjoy getting together sometime with you and many others around here and playing some pool. For all of our differences politically, it's one thing we all have in common.)
Steve

Chopstick
07-20-2008, 06:57 AM
I once saw a survival knife named 1* (one asterisk). It just had 1* stamped on the blade. I looked at the sign beside it and it said "Since you only have 1*, you should trust it to this knife." So, I bought it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Go Norman.

nAz
07-20-2008, 08:55 AM
I wonder what kind of ratings the networks are getting with out Tiger playing.
Seems like they built up golf only around tiger and now that he is out for a few month their rating will probably be off.

wolfdancer
07-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey, the announcers must have heard you...as Paddy was playing the 17th...they said there will be no asterisk after his name, because tiger didn't show up.
I don't know why he didn't play, since he won the US Open on one good leg....but did use the other to brace himself. i think he could have won this standing on one leg.....